Plymouth

Thought I'd get this one going....

Very important game on Saturday, win keeps the momentum up going into the Christmas period and gets us a little bit closer to that elusive 6th spot. 

If twitter is anything to go by seems there will be a fair few nutters going. One hell of a journey! 

I was considering going on the club coach and about to book but I've just noticed that it's leaving at 8!? Surely there's no way it could make Plymouth for kick off, with traffic 2 days before Christmas? Will have to have a look at the train.

Everyone confident we can get the points?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Very important game on Saturday, win keeps the momentum up going into the Christmas period and gets us a little bit closer to that elusive 6th spot. 

If twitter is anything to go by seems there will be a fair few nutters going. One hell of a journey! 

I was considering going on the club coach and about to book but I've just noticed that it's leaving at 8!? Surely there's no way it could make Plymouth for kick off, with traffic 2 days before Christmas? Will have to have a look at the train.

Every game is important methinks.

We might take 150+

291 mile - 5 hours

So leaving at 8 gets you there by 1:30 if you allow for 30 minutes loo stop.

Can we get the points?

We can.

2 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Coach now setting off at 7:30am, gives an extra half an hour I suppose! 

I'm confident we can get 3 points, however I believe we need to score first in doing so. 

We look extremely threatening when all 3 strikers (Holloway, Davies and Doyle) are on the pitch but surely we won't go with that from the off!

19 minutes ago, Forte_Baby said:

For anyone who hasn't booked so long as you get travel down there is still flights on the Sunday from Newquay prices between £30 and £45 

Getting to Newquay from Plymouth won't be easy. But I think it's doable on public transport.

Think the trains from Manchester might not be on- strike action. 

I'm going, bringing my Dad too for his first game of the season. I've got a complimentary train ticket for the Friday.

Agree M6 has 30 miles of roadworks, M5 can be a nightmare too. As for getting home that’ll be fun too with phantom lane closures and bored workers closing junctions for the fun of it. 

Cheapest train ive seen is £103 return splitting the ticket several times. A few of my mates are flying to Newquay then 1hr 45 train to Plymouth day after they fly back from Exeter over an hour on a train from Plymouth.

What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by oafcprozac

38 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Getting from the M6 to the M5 is a nightmare at the moment, lanes closed whilst they do roadworks - I've been travelling down to Bristol with work and it's been painful each time.

39 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Getting from the M6 to the M5 is a nightmare at the moment, lanes closed whilst they do roadworks - I've been travelling down to Bristol with work and it's been painful each time.

You've done it twice then?

38 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Anybody know what its’s like getting from the M6 to the M5?

Can be fine, can be horrific... it’s a lottery. I do it quite often. Once on the M5 prepare for roadwork hell. There is currently a 30 mph section for example.  You ain’t getting to Plymouth in less than 6 hours currently imo. Took me well over 4 to get to Bridgwater in Somerset last week.  Roads are horrible at this time of the year, but it is a weekend I guess. 

Dont forget you have the m6 50 zone currently too.  M60,56,a556 (new link road) to M6 is usually best these days. 

Edited by kowenicki

I’ll be there along with my dad and son. Local game for me so can’t bloody wait for this. 

Watched Argyle once this season against Wimbledon (free tickets) from what I saw and along with what my Argyle mates are saying  keep Carey quiet we should be okay. Severe lack of pace and skill in their team. With our pace and high pressing style we should give them lots of problems. 

2-0 Latics win. 

6 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Getting to Newquay from Plymouth won't be easy. But I think it's doable on public transport.

Think the trains from Manchester might not be on- strike action. 

I'm going, bringing my Dad too for his first game of the season. I've got a complimentary train ticket for the Friday.

Wroked it all out two trains after the game ends both involve a change but easy to able.

looks like cross country trains will be disrupted...looking like a replacement bus service between Plymouth and Exeter before and after the game.

for those driving down, M6 is restricted between Sandbach and Stafford and down to 30 mph through from start of M5 until well past West Brom junction, be plain sailing after this.