Plymouth

11 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Coach now setting off at 7:30am, gives an extra half an hour I suppose! 

I'm confident we can get 3 points, however I believe we need to score first in doing so. 

We look extremely threatening when all 3 strikers (Holloway, Davies and Doyle) are on the pitch but surely we won't go with that from the off!

Given how little success we had in the first half at Donny I fully expect him to go back to having 2 up top.

Plymouth aren’t great in the air so I think all 3 strikers will be on the pitch at least for the last 20minutes unless we’re already a few goals ahead.

Will be a great battle seeing Fane up against Diagouraga, expecting some meaty 50/50’s there! 

Plymouths danger man is Carey, keep him quiet and i’d be confident we’ll get a result.  

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pissed off at missing this one. After all the health issuesI'm raring to go again, but we have family visiting on Saturday, so I'll have to sneak off out of sight and tune in to iFollow. Any other Saturday and I'd be there. What basket case at the EFL decided that a near 600 mile round trip from Oldham two days before Christmas was a good idea? Big shout out to those that are going; great effort. With any luck, I'll be at Charlton, though.

16 minutes ago, Fergie said:

I see the team is flying down on the Friday night, must be a few spare quid floating about. 

It's about £70 return per person by plane.

Less than half the price of the train.  And a better idea than cramping up the legs of our esteemed squad on a crappy coach.

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

What basket case at the EFL decided that a near 600 mile round trip from Oldham two days before Christmas was a good idea? 

I'm not sure I subscribe to the consensus on this one - you could argue that this is the least inconvenient Saturday to play them.

Many people will already have been off work for a few days and not many will be in on the Monday.  

More scope for people to stay over before or after... 

That's rarely the case for a Saturday game...

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-athletic-travel-style-saturdays-954204

We are  '"travelling in style" apparently.

I'm not sure that getting a scheduled flight to Exeter, getting a coach on to Plymouth and  then getting the coach back to Oldham after the game would be my idea of travelling in style.

It's not quite the same as Arsenal chartering a plane for an 11 minute flight to Norwich.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm not sure I subscribe to the consensus on this one - you could argue that this is the least inconvenient Saturday to play them.

Many people will already have been off work for a few days and not many will be in on the Monday.  

More scope for people to stay over before or after... 

That's rarely the case for a Saturday game...

I can't entirely disagree with what you say, Harry, but journeys to the South West on Bank Holiday weekends are notorious for severe traffic congestion.

If you stay over, it means travelling back on Christmas Eve, not everyone's cup of tea, but I agree that it gives you that option. 

I still think that some of the suits at the FA/EFL are fruit cakes, though.

17 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I can't entirely disagree with what you say, Harry, but journeys to the South West on Bank Holiday weekends are notorious for severe traffic congestion.

We did NOT know this. Wish you’d posted this in July when we booked our hotel and decided driving it would be a doddle!

4 hours ago, boysinblue said:

Driving down Friday as off work, stay over in Plymouth then Tewkesbury on Saturday night to break the journey up. Home on Christmas Eve.

Doing a gin distillery tour on the Friday afternoon which should warm the cockles ?

I can recommend the Nottingham Arms in Tewkesbury as a decent pub. The Black Bear was even better but sadly closed last time I looked.

I'd join you for a pint but am away over Xmas!

Would the same team as last Saturday do the job?  What changes would people make?  

According to mates who are Argyle fans, they'll play a 4-2-3-1 with quite a defensive mindset.  From what I remember from last season their defence and the 2 sitting in front will be strong but not particularly quick.  Carey is their biggest threat but Ryan Taylor has made them more attacking in recent weeks as he stretches the game more than other strikers.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

18 hours ago, maddog said:

We did NOT know this. Wish you’d posted this in July when we booked our hotel and decided driving it would be a doddle!

Sorry about that, but I had no idea you'd booked a hotel.

Note to self: check on folks' plans before chucking cold water on them. 

In all seriousness, I hope you and all the other travelling Latics fans have a safe and event free journey.

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Sorry about that, but I had no idea you'd booked a hotel.

Note to self: check on folks' plans before chucking cold water on them. 

In all seriousness, I hope you and all the other travelling Latics fans have a safe and event free journey.

?

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Also, did it say we were training on the Saturday then flying down?  If so that means we'll get the midday flight and get into Exeter after 1pm.  Not sure the team will get to Home Park with much time to spare!

The team are travelling by plane Friday and returning by coach after the game Saturday 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The team are travelling by plane Friday and returning by coach after the game Saturday 

Nope. They are training up here on Saturday morning then flying down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42428288 

Edited by jorvik_latic
Link added