Plymouth

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Nope. They are training up here on Saturday morning then flying down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42428288 

Not according to today's Oldham Times.

"To beat the holiday traffic the squad will fly down on Friday"

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Nope. They are training up here on Saturday morning then flying down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42428288 

Obviously you are correct that that is what the article says.

But I can't see us having time to train on Saturday morning before taking a flight and still be at the ground well before kick off time.

I assume they are taking a scheduled flight, given that Wellens said the reason they weren't flying back was that they couldn't get a return flight back on Saturday night In which case neither flight appears suitable. They wouldn't be able to train in the light before the 8.30 flight, and they wouldn't get to the ground at the time they're supposed to be there if they took the one that lands a 1.20pm

I suspect the article is probably wrong and they are flying after training tomorrow.

59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't care how the team travel to this or any other match.

I care if it means the team won't get to the match on time, as that's quite an important part of playing a football game.

I also find this one quite interesting as the airport they're flying to is a 2 minute drive away from my house.

45 minutes ago, bozman said:

But I can't see us having time to train on Saturday morning before taking a flight and still be at the ground well before kick off time.

I assume they are taking a scheduled flight, given that Wellens said the reason they weren't flying back was that they couldn't get a return flight back on Saturday night In which case neither flight appears suitable. They wouldn't be able to train in the light before the 8.30 flight, and they wouldn't get to the ground at the time they're supposed to be there if they took the one that lands a 1.20pm

I suspect the article is probably wrong and they are flying after training tomorrow.

Yep, I'll hold my hands up, apologies to BP. It's definitely Friday they're flying down.

2 hours ago, bozman said:

Keep going - I don't think you've thought about this nearly enough yet.... 

I remember flying down for the West Ham game one Boxing day. I am the least religious person I know but I saved up all my prayers for that single flight. It was horrendous. At one stage, I swear the plane was vertically in line with the airport building. We lost 2-0 And I swore that I would never fly again ever. My then wife then asked me how i was going to get home. I am full of false promises.

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I remember flying down for the West Ham game one Boxing day. I am the least religious person I know but I saved up all my prayers for that single flight. It was horrendous. At one stage, I swear the plane was vertically in line with the airport building. We lost 2-0 And I swore that I would never fly again ever. My then wife then asked me how i was going to get home. I am full of false promises.

haha i hate flying but flew from Newquay to Manchester and Manchester to Newquay its a quick flight its seemed quicker coming back to Newquay felt like 20 mins which put me into panic mode as i thought the plane was going down as in not landing smooth tho