Moments of 2017 - good and bad

OK, I'm mainly after bad, amusing. pissboil stuff...... :lol:

There've been a few good moments on the pitch too though :grin:

The Chinese investors running for the hills after their names got out.

It was all Keegans fault as opposed to whoever at the club had put their names on their table in the OEC :lol:

Scholes getting the ump in the same episode after a Keegan classic.

Keegan threatening a yet to materialise Brassbank special on the back of it all. 

Corney then appeasing Ledman and friends by diverting The Trust's scoreboard fund into buying some of his perimeter advertising boards.  :lol:

Queensy's goal against Blackburn. Felt like a proper game against proper rivals that for the first time in a long time.

The excellent work by the media team with their Twitter clips culminating in the recent Doyle/Wellens classic.

Placide's debut and his numerous Cruyff turns, one of which was even an actual Cruyff turn. 

The redefining of the outdated concept of nationality as we signed some #FrenchLads from various different countries around the globe. 

It should be Clarke at Chesterfield 2/3’s of a season’s stress just let out in the pandemonium of an injury time winner that turned out season.

But for me it has to be Erwin’s late winner against Bolton - not only the importance of it but for the reason I was sat back in my usual seat in the Chaddy End. It was only a week after dad died an emotional day had the perfect ending and to be sat where we shared so many Saturday afternoons over 31 years is something that will stay with me forever.

I just sat there before and after the game simply reminiscing it meant the world to win that game. Truly it didn’t matter but somehow to win the game showed me that Latics could still be special even without dad...

Edited by oafcprozac

The Bad

The stand not being finished 18 months behind schedule but the Trust’s efforts of putting in a bar that people can actually use being nixed at the last minute.

The 6-8 weeks for a takeover looking considerably like 6-8 months.

The pissboil over ST holders getting in for half price at Carlisle in the Cup, from the same suspects.

Brassbank, OEC, the lighting company. 

The scoreboard fiasco.

Ross Joyce and Charlton.

Staying in a village with Plymouth fans over the Xmas period- I’ve had more references to 4-1 than hot dinners this week.

The Good

Shezzurrection the Return, a sequel that bucks the Hollywood trend of being at least as good as the original.

Holloway in the last minute against Bury. The home games against, Notlob, Blades, Fail, Buckets and Bastards. 13 points from that lot with some late goals or otherwise difficult circumstances (10 men against Notlob).

A Scoreboard that actually works, despite being a fraction of the cost of what was originally planned.

The prospect of someone with more money than sense buying out the landlords despite their vastly inflated price.

Seeing Jack Byrne play football.

Those tweets for Eoin Doyle and his corner flag.

The improvement in Ousmane Fane.

Our goal scoring improvements.

Ross Joyce winning me money.

Richie Wellens winning me even more money.

59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Do you even like football?

The rise of the Jargon Lads

Debentures.

The term "Do you even like Football" is a particular lowlight. we are on a football message board FFS so everyone does, but it doesnt mean that every single topic has to be about tactics formations or favourite away games. If the topic doesnt interest or is above your level of understanding just ignore it.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The good....

Pompey away....brilliant performance and support together with George’ crazy antics that nearly got us all Into trouble ?

Shezurection 2 and then Richie Wellens

Byrne, Doyle and Placide

we’ve got ?? Connor Ripley...

expecting us to score every time we attack

we made it up to 14th for a couple of days

the bad.....

last 5 minutes at MK

the inability of the club to close the (????) investment/takeover

Ripley sitting on a bench at a smaller club than us

expecting the opposition to score every time they attack

we’re stil in 18th