Charlton away

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, dec666 said:

You don't have to be an expert to notice when the pitch looks like a greyhound track, as it did last season...

No, but you do need to have some expertise to understand the specifics of why that might be the case. Can't see anything amiss with Banks'' Junior's post; good on him - needs saying more often.

56 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I agree with banks but the grounds men is bang out of order! Calling the people who pay his wages, weapons! See he deleted his post, deserves the boot for that. It’s going way to far!

He’s only talking about a minority of fans isn’t he?  I’m sure the majority of people on her would agree that keyboard warriors callling people names etc on twitter actually are weapons...I’m not offended and I pay towards his wages. 

7 minutes ago, super_blue said:

He’s only talking about a minority of fans isn’t he?  I’m sure the majority of people on her would agree that keyboard warriors callling people names etc on twitter actually are weapons...I’m not offended and I pay towards his wages. 

Exactly delicate people trying to make something of nothing!!!

11 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Your referring to Banks, Banks dad and our weapon of a groundsman I take it?

Only thing that bothers me in these hard times is that we actually forked out the train fare to get Banks down to London. 

12 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Not a good tweet from his dad, I’d be embarrassed if that was my dad to be honest. Reading between the lines I think he will be gone once the new signings come in.

I was just a kid when my idol, Bob Ledger, played at Boundary Park but when I started work spoke to a Latics fan who said Bob's dad wrote to the letters column at the Oldham Chron saying "You're breaking my Bobby's heart" after he was dropped for a couple of games. So you see it's not unprecedented for a player's dad to be over-involved in their career. 

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I was just a kid when my idol, Bob Ledger, played at Boundary Park but when I started work spoke to a Latics fan who said Bob's dad wrote to the letters column at the Oldham Chron saying "You're breaking my Bobby's heart" after he was dropped for a couple of games. So you see it's not unprecedented for a player's dad to be over-involved in their career. 

Hence the username...

3 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

You don’t see the irony in what you are both saying?   If it’s a minority of fans mouthing off on twitter then why don’t they just not be so delicate about it? If it’s a minority then why don’t they just ignore them? If it’s a minority why does it matter?  If it’s a minority rise above it.  Rather than calling them weapons and belittling the ‘career’ of a Tesco worker.  The groundsman just wanted to show he was ‘mates’ with a pro footballer and one of them, but just came over as a bit of a brainless pillock. 

Edited by kowenicki

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You don’t see the irony in what you are both saying?   If it’s a minority of fans mouthing off on twitter then why don’t they just not be so delicate about it? If it’s a minority then why don’t they just ignore them? If it’s a minority why does it matter?  If it’s a minority rise above it.  Rather than calling them weapons and belittling the ‘career’ of a Tesco worker.  The groundsman just wanted to show he was ‘mates’ with a pro footballer and one of them, but just came over as a bit of a brainless pillock. 

Okay okay but I agree with him about Tesco workers ;D

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

I agree with banks but the grounds men is bang out of order! Calling the people who pay his wages, weapons! See he deleted his post, deserves the boot for that. It’s going way to far!

As way too far as saying he should have his livelihood taken away ? 

6 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Just seen the goal who is the number 6 ?

The way he half halfheartedly defended & then sauntered back after getting back after getting beat is disgraceful, if i was RW i would be going of my tits.

Gardner. If he was on a booking I could half understand his half-hearted effort at tackling but it was woeful play.

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Gardner. If he was on a booking I could half understand his half-hearted effort at tackling but it was woeful play.

No place on a football pitch for that attitude / lack of desire especially in the final third, body positioning looking round before attempted tackle as for the walking back after he is beat i would let him walk home.

14 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Just seen the goal who is the number 6 ?

The way he half halfheartedly defended & then sauntered back after getting back after getting beat is disgraceful, if i was RW i would be going of my tits.

Did you hear his post match press conference? He practically did, and of the lack of quality, albeit a lot more about the final third....

He was really dejected and sounded like he was about to chuck in the towel.

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Richie Wellen Post Match

https://t.co/jlrluHxMye

Thanks for the link, you cannot air your views in public is wrong even more vital the players singled out will not give 100 % for him going forward , clearly he does not rate our forwards also JP should not get beat on the near post & Shrewsbury goal was a mistake by him not parring it away from goal i am surprised he does not come in for more accountability / criticism.

Will be interesting to see who RW brings in his frustration is obvious and clearly knows where he wants to strengthen KTF  .