Checkatrade scabbery - assuming takeover is done & new players are in....

Will you come off the Checkatrade picket line for a glimpse of some talent?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will you come off the picket line for a glimpse of some talent?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back and almost thawed ! Frig me that’s the coldest I’ve been since I care to remember. Enjoyable second half after possibly the worst first half I’ve ever witnessed. 

Not gonna do a full review as most are not even interested it seems. Benyu didn’t look like a footballer and rightly brought off. Davies a threat AGAIN! Bagged two AGAIN ! But should never take a penalty. AGAIN ! Jonny at fault for first goal after palming it straight in front of the striker AGAIN! Needs to stop this or I’d drop him soon if this other kid is any good. 

The main point I want to make Is the latest boo boy (on here anyway ) AAH changes the game IMO laying on another assist , winning everything and some nice touches. I hope he stays. I hope Davies stays too. I hope Doyle comes in and another striker. 

Oh yeah and when Pringle is fully fit he’s gonna be massive for us and run a lot of games. We also looked dangerous on corners that he took. 

Tope , although scoring a good header which he deserves credit for, I’d like to never see in an Oldham shirt again. Massively lacking in quality IMO and if we want to do anything next year we need better players for the bench, let alone to start. 

All in all , once our big players are registered I can see us going on a big run again and hopefully pushing up towards the top half. I’ve never really been worried about relegation and even the most negative out there won’t be by February    

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Just back and almost thawed ! Frig me that’s the coldest I’ve been since I care to remember. Enjoyable second half after possibly the worst first half I’ve ever witnessed. 

Not gonna do a full review as most are not even interested it seems. Benyu didn’t look like a footballer and rightly brought off. Davies a threat AGAIN! Bagged two AGAIN ! But should never take a penalty. AGAIN ! Jonny at fault for first goal after palming it straight in front of the striker AGAIN! Needs to stop this or I’d drop him soon if this other kid is any good. 

The main point I want to make Is the latest boo boy (on here anyway ) AAH changes the have IMO laying on another assist , winning everything and some nice touches. I hope he stays. I hope Davies stays too. I hope Doyle comes in and another striker. 

Oh yeah and when Pringle is fully fit he’s gonna be massive for us and run a lot of games. We also looked dangerous on corners that he took. 

Tope , although scoring a good header which he deserves credit for, I’d like to never see in an Oldham shirt again. Massively lacking in quality IMO and if we want to do anything next year we need better players for the bench, let alone to start. 

All in all , once our big players are registered I can see us going on a big run again and hopefully pushing up towards the top half. I’ve never really been worried about relegation and even the most negative out there won’t be by February    

plenty of discussion in the Leicester thread. Might want to put this there. 

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

The main point I want to make Is the latest boo boy (on here anyway ) AAH changes the game IMO laying on another assist , winning everything and some nice touches. I hope he stays. I hope Davies stays too. I hope Doyle comes in and another striker. 

Thought someone said that was davies first brace for us?

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That is just not true at all. Hamer, Huth, Musa, Harvey Barnes and Choudary (sp) all very, very good players and recognisable names...

Barnes looked classy. Not surprising given he’s scored 5 for Barnsley this season in the championship

• 3 weeks later...

At least there is still no development squads still in this, Chelsea just lost at Lincoln missing out on a trip to Wembley. 

Unfortunately with this format it’ll only be a matter of time until one does go all the way.

1 minute ago, daniel said:

At least there is still no development squads still in this, Chelsea just lost at Lincoln missing out on a trip to Wembley. 

Unfortunately with this format it’ll only be a matter of time until one does go all the way.

With hazard playing......

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

There has been an EFL suggestion that next season the "U-21" sdes won't be able to progress from the group stage

Just now, Dave_Og said:

There has been an EFL suggestion that next season the "U-21" sdes won't be able to progress from the group stage

Really, wow, they should really just scrap the entire competition or at least this format. 

15 hours ago, daniel said:

In a way that might be a very good thing as when an u21/u23 team goes all the way and wins it hardly any of their owm fans will make the trip to wembley and then the following season the same players who won the tournament don't get a sniff of first team action at said respective club it will highlight the tournaments failure.

Edited by GlossopLatic