Checkatrade scabbery - assuming takeover is done & new players are in....

Will you come off the Checkatrade picket line for a glimpse of some talent?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will you come off the picket line for a glimpse of some talent?

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

Game off then again. Sounds like the club are not trying to get this match on whilst takeover is struggling over the line.

Nah it will be on. Rain seems to be pretty constant between now and then as well as it not dropping to freezing for long periods. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Lags said:

Game off then again. Sounds like the club are not trying to get this match on whilst takeover is struggling over the line.

Club didn't seem to put much effort in making sure the last fixture was played

I think they should make the effort this time due to Leicester playing tonight and thus likely won't have the big money players in the squad tomorrow

30 minutes ago, cmr said:

Club didn't seem to put much effort in making sure the last fixture was played

I think they should make the effort this time due to Leicester playing tonight and thus likely won't have the big money players in the squad tomorrow

Couldn't be why, could it? Nah, far too risky.

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Couldn't be why, could it? Nah, far too risky.

Not bothering with covers makes it seem that way. Given the players we've signed since then it makes sense too but maybe they're just not bothering because it would be a push to get fans to help take the covers off for a weekday match nobody wants to watch anyway.

Would like the see the FL punish us for controlling the weather, I wouldn't even be surprised.... are you allowed to criticise the weather in the after match interview?

Just tried to get to Oldham for a bowls meeting only to find a queue half way down the hill in Grasscroft.  People just don't know how to drive in bad conditions these days.  When I was younger..........

Lots of snow settling with slippery slush on the road but will be gone by lunch time.  Should be on.

Play next round next Tuesday.  Can't find anything in rules to cover circumstances if previous round not yet completed.

3 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Just tried to get to Oldham for a bowls meeting only to find a queue half way down the hill in Grasscroft.  People just don't know how to drive in bad conditions these days.  When I was younger..........

Lots of snow settling with slippery slush on the road but will be gone by lunch time.  Should be on.

Play next round next Tuesday.  Can't find anything in rules to cover circumstances if previous round not yet completed.

I think we’d play the same time as the next round and then our quarter final in between as if the next round were postponed. If it was postponed this week AND next then no idea 

8 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

That young English talent (we want to give experience to for the benefit of the national team) 33yr old German Robert Huth starts 

Players like Huth will bring on the young players around them, having players like Huth will be of more benefit to them young lads than if they were all thrown in together, lets get this right - Leicester have got two recognisable names out of the whole squad the rest nobody has ever heard of so lets not make excuses.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Players like Huth will bring on the young players around them, having players like Huth will be of more benefit to them young lads than if they were all thrown in together, lets get this right - Leicester have got two recognisable names out of the whole squad the rest nobody has ever heard of so lets not make excuses.

Whos making excuses? I couldn’t care less about the result tbh - just pointing a 33yr old German is starting in an under 23 side when the whole “sell” of these under 23 sides entering the tournament was to

give young English players a competitive competition to gain experience and ultimately benefit the national team - it was Bollocks then and is now 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Whos making excuses? I couldn’t care less about the result tbh - just pointing a 33yr old German is starting in an under 23 side when the whole “sell” of these under 23 sides entering the tournament was to

give young English players a competitive competition to gain experience and ultimately benefit the national team - it was Bollocks then and is now 

You don't understand the logic of using a couple of over age players to bring the younger lads on then?