Jack Byrne - Returning?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Nixon has 91 other English clubs to cover, Scotland etc... He passes on info he gets told, which is usually spot on, and is probably the only journalist who consistently replies to our fans. The fact that people get angry at him is properly bizarre to me. Things change fast in football so when he's incorrect it's due to a change in circumstances, not because he's lying. AN and Mike Keegan give us more exclusives than the MEN and Oldham Times, who literally just reword things off the website. 

That's not true, h'es not usually spot on, but he implies he is in the know rather than it is a rumour.

Of course, sometimes he is right, but his MO is about vagueness and hedging his bets, and releasing hints press release  info a tad early

Look at his post re Byrne objectively, he's way off beam. But he will spin it that the money has been sorted.

Expect an "Aye" post any minute.

5 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Great. Now we await news of Doyle.

And I believe Lee Sinnott on OWTB before Alan Nixon any day of the week.

Absolutely, only a handful of people have been ahead with news of signings and takeover news, and  I suspect some may have more than one account to protect themselves, which is fair enough.

Just now, al_bro said:

I wonder how much the undisclosed fee is.

At first, I doubted it will be token £50k.

But the two and half years, is exactly the same as his Wigan deal, which may indicate we've taken it on and paid a nominal fee. It was a Championship deal a year ago.

On 12/01/2018 at 10:50 AM, Theoutsider said:

Arriving for training this morning at around 10:30am, boots in hand. 

On 12/01/2018 at 10:54 AM, Theoutsider said:

Yes.

White BMW 1 Series 13 plate. Carrying a pair of red boots and wearing a grey tracksuit if evidence required.

Am I permitted to put what I asked him and what he told me ?

On 12/01/2018 at 10:59 AM, Theoutsider said:

“Are you signing here?”

“Yeah man”

Credit where credit is due to the thread starter for posting his info and it not being bullshit.

Top man ?

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

If he can sort his temperament and realise he doesn't have to do everything he won't be here in two and half years.

Depends what division we are in, when he makes his decision. He has actually said that he owed Richie Wellens loyalty. Thats rare these days.