Jack Byrne - Returning?

46 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

If he’s available to play tomorrow and the club are holding off announcing it might be a smart move tactically for tomorrow’s game, but the smarter move would have been to announce it and get extra people on the gate.

do we really think that many more people will attend? 

IF it's a ruse, then I'd say the gamble for 3 points is worth more in the short term!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think we were signing messi. I'm happy he's (hopefully) been signed up but, we need some other areas sorting out too. If its a permanent deal, i can't see how we have funds available to get another cb/st at least in. Takeover won't give us extra funds (ffp). And byrne would bring an extra 10 or so on the gate tomorrow. Most won't sway on just one signing. We were shite with him in but, no doyle. And now we don't have bryan too. 

5 minutes ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

You'd think we were signing messi. I'm happy he's (hopefully) been signed up but, we need some other areas sorting out too. If its a permanent deal, i can't see how we have funds available to get another cb/st at least in. Takeover won't give us extra funds (ffp). And byrne would bring an extra 10 or so on the gate tomorrow. Most won't sway on just one signing. We were shite with him in but, no doyle. And now we don't have bryan too. 

Takeover coudl bring signficant exta funds if they are put into the club in the right way.

20 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

That's what I thought. It sounded that ridiculous in my mind I didn't want to say it.

A quote from the Birmingham Mail :

A statement on Oldham's official website read: "Managing director Simon Corney has confirmed that Latics are hopeful of making a loan swoop for Aston Villa player Patrik Berger.

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A quote from the Birmingham Mail :

A statement on Oldham's official website read: "Managing director Simon Corney has confirmed that Latics are hopeful of making a loan swoop for Aston Villa player Patrik Berger.

If my memory serves, im sure an article was loaded on to to official about 11pm to say Berger was in the building. 

One of Corney's more elaborate lies, that one.

10 hours ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

City and Chelsea don't appear to worried about FFP!

Totally different systems, premier league and championship are FFP and can still post huge losses over a 3 year rolling period (bigger with a cash injection from a benefactor) league 1 and 2 is Salary Cap Management Protocol where wages are restricted to 60% of turnover. Any breach can quickly result in a transfer embargo.

10 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

IF it's a ruse, then I'd say the gamble for 3 points is worth more in the short term!

I said as much elsewhere and I agree with you totally.
The less the opposition know, the better...even if it only works for this one particular match. :D 

11 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

Hmm, maybe it’s just me then. I’m not going today ‘cause I ain’t paying £24 to watch our depleted squad get slaughtered which is what’s going to happen if none of these players we’ve signed have been registered. 

Although if that isn’t the case and we’ve got the likes of Mcalaney and Byrne to pick from then I probably would have gone. So if they do end up playing I’ll be a bit frustrated, although even without me attending, I do hope that is the case.

11 hours ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

slobodan.jpg

1 hour ago, nick1979 said:

Totally different systems, premier league and championship are FFP and can still post huge losses over a 3 year rolling period (bigger with a cash injection from a benefactor) league 1 and 2 is Salary Cap Management Protocol where wages are restricted to 60% of turnover. Any breach can quickly result in a transfer embargo.

What about Bury and Fleetwood? If an owner genuinely wants to fund a football club and invest in the team he can do and find a way round it. If Lemsagam does have serious cash to burn and we dont know how much ir little he has then FFP wont stop him.

I don’t get some of our fans.  Be better off picking a more ‘successful’ club. 

I’m going because I always do....  if we don’t have the players cleared yet then we’ll see some other players and it will be interesting to see how they/Wellens do. 

I go to Latics to watch them play, win, lose or draw (or get slaughtered), because I like football and I love Latics. 

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I don’t get some of our fans.  Be better off picking a more ‘successful’ club. 

I’m going because I always do....  if we don’t have the players cleared yet then we’ll see some other players and it will be interesting to see how they/Wellens do. 

I go to Latics to watch them play, win, lose or draw (or get slaughtered), because I like football and I love Latics. 

Some fans are bigger fans than others. I haven’t had the passion to go watch us every week, win, lose or draw since Sheridan left in 2009. The regression of the club since that time, married with my financial circumstances for a number of years dictated that I had to pick and choose my games, so I chose based of whether I felt we had a chance of winning, in order to gain the best value for my money. 

It’s a habit I’ve not been able to shake, because even though my financial circumstances have improved in those years, the product on the pitch really hasn’t. So it’s never really enticed me to buy a ST. It’s probably going to take longer term progression, (perhaps becoming a mid table League One team would be a start) for me to get the “bug” back. 

It doesn’t change the fact that I am still a fan and go to at least a dozen games a season.

Edited by PlayItLivo

23 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Some fans are bigger fans than others. I haven’t had the passion to go watch us every week, win, lose or draw since Sheridan left in 2009. The regression of the club since that time, married with my financial circumstances for a number of years dictated that I had to pick and choose my games, so I chose based of whether I felt we had a chance of winning, in order to gain the best value for my money. 

It’s a habit I’ve not been able to shake, because even though my financial circumstances have improved in those years, the product on the pitch really hasn’t. So it’s never really enticed me to buy a ST. It’s probably going to take longer term progression, (perhaps becoming a mid table League One team would be a start) for me to get the “bug” back. 

It doesn’t change the fact that I am still a fan and go to at least a dozen games a season.

Fair enough.  I just feel that supporting, by definition, is more important in times of adversity than at any other time. 

29 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Surely going to the pub afterwards is much more important and interesting than anything that happens on the pitch.