Jack Byrne - Returning?

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bit contradictory.

I cannot really be arsed today, but my 2 year old is desperate to go so I'm taking him. The weirdo...

4 minutes ago, astottie said:

Has he been naughty?

Heard in the Chaddy during a dark time. "And if you don't behave, you're coming again next week".

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Heard in the Chaddy during a dark time. "And if you don't behave, you're coming again next week".

LOL

and in a similar vane at Crawley(!) a few years back...kid playing on the crush barriers and a steward told him to get down......some wag shouts “yes, get down, you’re not here to enjoy yourself” ?

7 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Is he now signed?

if so, when will he be available to play?

Signed. Owed some money by Wigan. He will be there today. 2 and a half years. Dunno when he will be available because we seem to have trouble registering permanent Latics players at the moment...

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Signed. Owed some money by Wigan. He will be there today. 2 and a half years. Dunno when he will be available because we seem to have trouble registering permanent Latics players at the moment...

Thanks 

?he an others are available to play soon 

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Or it could be deemed as a good bit of business by the club.

It’d be nice to make a signing on the basis that it’ll improve the spine of our team for seasons to come, rather than how much potential cash it may make our shortsighted (current) owner in the not too distant future . 

Anyhow, don’t mean to put a negative spin on this but the quotes in that article are a bit gloomy IMO. As I say, an excellent signing. Delighted we’ve pulled it off.

20 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Or it could be deemed as a good bit of business by the club.

Yeah but if I’d just signed for a club I wouldn’t want to hear statements that the club would be “happy to sell” as soon as a good offer comes along. It reeks of the short terminism that’s held the club back for far too long and even though we’re all aware that signing Byrne also makes him an asset should he continue to improve, it doesn’t need to be spelled out so bluntly before the deal is even officially announced.

Between this, and the negative comments made about Byrne a few weeks back, and his outspoken nature to player performances, I’d like Wellens to probably think more about what he says in interviews.

I have said this before, and probably sound like Jack Byrne's carer, but Wellens has been really like a weird bird about Byrne. He slated him in the paper, dropped him, made out that he wasn't too fussed about keeping him, and has then gone all out to sign him after saying we would have won at Charlton if he was in the team. A bit bipolar...