Jack Byrne - Returning?

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have said this before, and probably sound like Jack Byrne's carer, but Wellens has been really like a weird bird about Byrne. He slated him in the paper, dropped him, made out that he wasn't too fussed about keeping him, and has then gone all out to sign him after saying we would have won at Charlton if he was in the team. A bit bipolar...

Treat 'em mean...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have said this before, and probably sound like Jack Byrne's carer, but Wellens has been really like a weird bird about Byrne. He slated him in the paper, dropped him, made out that he wasn't too fussed about keeping him, and has then gone all out to sign him after saying we would have won at Charlton if he was in the team. A bit bipolar...

maybe its Ritchies method of telling ALL the first team players that nobody is bigger than the team no matter how well they are playing and indispensable they are he knows Byrne is big enough and strong enough to handle it but others aren't and this in an indirect method of kicking them up the arse 

11 minutes ago, peanuts said:

maybe its Ritchies method of telling ALL the first team players that nobody is bigger than the team no matter how well they are playing and indispensable they are he knows Byrne is big enough and strong enough to handle it but others aren't and this in an indirect method of kicking them up the arse 

Byrne is only 21 with massive potential, he will frustrate at times, but I like players who excite and there's not many outside the Premiership who can do that.

Well done RW.

Edited by BP1960

6 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

the kicker will be he has a 95% sell on clause and he goes for a million

Unfortunately I think that’s the only way we can sign players of his calibre at the moment, like with Baxter. We pay them peanuts but don’t stand in their way once the first offer comes in from the big boys.

Alan Nixon is sceptical about Byrne and Bryan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko 4h4 hours ago

Replying to @MattyCrowe14

Bryan wants Championship. Doyle is ill and expensive.

2 replies 0 retweets 1 like

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko 4h4 hours ago  

Replying to @MattyCrowe14

Keen on Byrne. But that’s good money. Is there much about?

Edited by singe

4 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Just seen another tweet from him. He seems to base everything on the fact Corney has no money.

True and then simply ask a question back. Rarely comes out and says something straight.

Don't think he realised JB was at the game on Saturday, though of course that does not itself mean he is signing.

7 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

That link won't open for me but don't you mean Bryan? Byrne almost done isn't it?

Yeah, sometimes adding it like that gives the tweet, sometimes not,I  think it doesn't when it is protected. Have changed and copied the tweet.

Nixon has 91 other English clubs to cover, Scotland etc... He passes on info he gets told, which is usually spot on, and is probably the only journalist who consistently replies to our fans. The fact that people get angry at him is properly bizarre to me. Things change fast in football so when he's incorrect it's due to a change in circumstances, not because he's lying. AN and Mike Keegan give us more exclusives than the MEN and Oldham Times, who literally just reword things off the website. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

The oddest ones are those who ask him a question when they already know the answer.

Few on here are culprits for that...

Imagine being a person of such low self confidence.

Such losers should treat socialmedia in the same way they treat the outside world.