Posh Away

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for Ritchie, I really do. Working the last few weeks with the on off takeover saga has not been easy by any means and is far from ideal, however, blaming the strikers for our present predicament doesn’t wash with me!

Doyle was a top top player for us and would be badly missed by most teams in this division but you simply cannot put all your eggs in one basket.

Wellens wants a striker and rightly so, but what happens if he gets injured?.....we would be back to square one!!  For us to have a chance of survival in this league our spread of goals needs to come from all over the pitch and our defence needs to be able to maintain a few clean sheets.

The defence has been haemorrhaging goals for weeks on end and they haven’t shown any improvement whatsoever. 

Clarke has had a poor season and I wasn’t too sad to see him go, however, he should have been sold, letting him go on loan to a rival team at this stage of the season was madness and could just end up biting us on the arse!

We seem to have been collecting midfielders since Wellens came in.....how many more of the non scoring variety do we need!!

Yes, we do need Doyle, and maybe a n other too, but it’s going to be at least a month or so before he’s back to fitness. If this takeover fails to materialise before the end of this month and we don’t make some key signings I really can’t see us surviving this time around!

The takeover reason doesn't wash with me, he knew the situation when he applied and took on the role. None of us thought it would be plain sailing.

And there should be a Plan B in event of the takeover failing, which it still might (though less likely)!

And we'll always have the chance of being outbid for players, practically every team in the land will.

But what he has done, directly and indirectly, is said the current players are not good enough. Not sure that is a good idea , given the precarious finances even with a takeover, and the timing till the transfer window shuts.

If the takeover goes through Tuesday, and reasonable funds are available for RW, then it all becomes a temporary blip. But that is by no means certain yet.

In the meantime TP is needed, as I  fear that RW has used the Asst Magr funds for Bryan and Byrne. Be less of an issue if it is for Doyle.

Absolutely not a Wellens out post, but alarm bells are ringing loudly from several different directions.

19 minutes ago, singe said:

But what he has done, directly and indirectly, is said the current players are not good enough. Not sure that is a good idea , given the precarious finances even with a takeover, and the timing till the transfer window shuts.

But he's got rid of them since. 

Whose decision was it to bring this bloke from celtic in?

By all accounts hes a poor mans Gardner.

Fair enuf wanting to replace gardner but bringing in a poorer version is just plain dumb.

Our problems dont end there...AL has inherited an absolute shambles...of which 95% of the blame is firmly at the feet of the asset strippers...and thats EXACTLY what they are.

6 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Whose decision was it to bring this bloke from celtic in?

By all accounts hes a poor mans Gardner.

Bit much expecting instant success from him isn't it?  He's a kid, a gamble.

He didn't do much today but did make one very good run down the left only to look up when outnumbered to find there wasn't another orange shirt within 20 yards

Edited by Dave_Og

Defence is a major concern and has not been addressed.

Lack of goals from other areas other than other areas is alarming.

With the serious decline and are in a relegation dogfight, do we play a weakened team against Shrewsbury or play our strongest side and try and build some momentum? 

Once again, a second half of the season where we need to do the improbable. The take over has to go through asap, we need a fresh few players that are decent league worthy players that actually have experience of our league or at a push topend league 2. We need to stop pissing about trying to unearth a 'gem' just for now and sign;

1) A horrible bastard of a centre half, it's worked before to sure up the defence in the past.

2) A proper left footed left back. Doesn't have to be flashy just have a left foot and a steady cross.

3) Doyle as a long term investment and a possibly a short term striker as cover in the mean time.

Then do all the pissing about we want in summer. Survive now, ask questions later. 

4 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

Once again, a second half of the season where we need to do the improbable. The take over has to go through asap, we need a fresh few players that are decent league worthy players that actually have experience of our league or at a push topend league 2. We need to stop pissing about trying to unearth a 'gem' just for now and sign;

1) A horrible bastard of a centre half, it's worked before to sure up the defence in the past.

2) A proper left footed left back. Doesn't have to be flashy just have a left foot and a steady cross.

3) Doyle as a long term investment and a possibly a short term striker as cover in the mean time.

Then do all the pissing about we want in summer. Survive now, ask questions later. 

Agreed.

Unfortunately it seems the takeover is and has been dragged out by the greedy good for nothing asset strippers who clearly dont give a flying **** about the club.

As bad as moore these tw***..

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Bit much expecting instant success from him isn't it?  He's a kid, a gamble.

He didn't do much today but did make one very good run down the left only to look up when outnumbered to find there wasn't another orange shirt within 20 yards

Fair enuf maybe im being a bit harsh. :)

2 minutes ago, rigsby said:

While im angry..my venom is reserved for the 3 ***** who are interested in 1 thing and 1 thing only.

Fook em i wouldnt go anywhere near OEC ...

Unless AL takes over it.

I honestly worry for you once this takeover is done. Your life will be without purpose.