• Lang
    • Missilou
    • Maouche
    • Nepomuceno
    • Surridge
    • O'Grady

54 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Wondered when you would turn up.

Easy-cos he is a better player proved over the past 2 seasons-try looking at number of appearances under 3 different managers for a clue. Oh and don't try blaming relegation on one player.

Well. You are right, managers have selected him in preference.  

Now Maouche has his chance. We shall have to see how that pans out (so far very good I’m sure you will agree).

If he does well then I hope you are man enough to admit that.  If he crashes and burns I certainly will be happy to admit I was wrong. 

No idea what you are going on about with your last sentence. We were relegated due to an inept manager. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Because he is ten times the player Maouche will ever be!

On the basis of what can you say one player is 10 times better than another?......I await with interest how your logic works here.

So far I have seen 2 players in Missilou and Maouche who compliment each other to form an effective partnership for the first time in quite a while.

Edited by mikejh45

16 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Posted this last night.

Crewe game a great performance-not a fan of Maoche but he played well today. 

More than happy to give our players a chance-unlike some. Let's see how it pans out.

The only players some here won’t give a chance to are the #frenchlads.  The rest have had plenty of chances from fans, this forum and the management. 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Because he is ten times the player Maouche will ever be!

Stop talking absolute nonsense. What can you say against Maouche since he has come in? He came on scored and we’ve won the next two games? He keeps things simple and rarely looses the ball. Nice refreshing change. Really don’t see your gripe. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The only players some here won’t give a chance to are the #frenchlads.  The rest have had plenty of chances from fans, this forum and the management. 

You might like to revisit this-think O Grady has had a fair crack of the whip? Just scored a couple of goals and played well-don't hear you and others giving him a 'Maoche' boost. But 2 good games and he is a hero.

Like I say let's see.

48 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You might like to revisit this-think O Grady has had a fair crack of the whip? Just scored a couple of goals and played well-don't hear you and others giving him a 'Maoche' boost. But 2 good games and he is a hero.

Like I say let's see.

Bit different Maouche has been here 15 months and never been given a run of games. 

Edited by adamoafc

12 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Why?

Becauser for some reason he's been stuck behind gardner in the pecking order.... Ok so. Maouche may turn out to be average or poor... We cant say yet but we will be a better team without gardner in the side. 

The guy has hunger to have the ball but no ability to do much with it.

Maouche (so far) picks the ball up and looks forward... He doesnt drop as far back as the center halves to get a ball in acres of space which invites the opposition up thr pitch ten yards. He doesn't try extravagent balls when they're not on. You could argue our two most professional performances have come since gardner came out the side. Even lincoln with ten men we looked better without him. 

Edited by Fruitygoo

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Like I say let's see.

I‘ve seen something in him since the first time I saw him play. With a run I think he’ll prove it. Most condemned him whilst he was getting bit part appearances once every few months. I just don’t understand why people would do that. 

I don’t get why people are conflating the issue. 

He’s been here for 15 months, and hardly featured. Which I’ve said before it’s puzzling. 

However he’s now in the team, and starting to show a bit. Which is pleasing. 

Comparing him to others is a moot point. He wasn’t catching. Now he is. Let’s see if he can produce with a good run games, hopefully he does. 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I‘ve seen something in him since the first time I saw him play. With a run I think he’ll prove it. Most condemned him whilst he was getting bit part appearances once every few months. I just don’t understand why people would do that. 

Any player needs a run. An for whatever reason he hasn’t had one, but it’s naive to suggest that fickle football fans don’t make judgements on players. We’ve judged players before we’ve even seen them play- let alone 20 minutes here and there. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I don’t get why people are conflating the issue. 

He’s been here for 15 months, and hardly featured. Which I’ve said before it’s puzzling. 

However he’s now in the team, and starting to show a bit. Which is pleasing. 

Comparing him to others is a moot point. He wasn’t catching. Now he is. Let’s see if he can produce with a good run games, hopefully he does. 

Yes. Agreed. 

I just dont don’t understand how anyone can write him off and say he’s never going to a footballer when they haven’t seen him have a run. 

Yet when people offer an opinion on a player who has had a run that opinion is rubbished.  At least it is an opinion based on something. 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes. Agreed. 

I just dont don’t understand how anyone can write him off and say he’s never going to a footballer when they haven’t seen him have a run. 

Yet when people offer an opinion on a player who has had a run that opinion is rubbished.  At least it is an opinion based on something. 

Yeah, that’s fair. 

I think people are a bit blinded to fact he’s been invisible for so long. There’s a sense of  ‘we must be desperate if we’re playing him’ when in fact you look past that- he’s been decent to be honest 

As you, I and others have said, let’s see if he can produce with a good run. He won’t be first  to come in from the cold, and suddenly show people he’s a player. 

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Some people on here use Maoche and his alleged £4k salary as a stick to beat Lemsagam with, irrespective of his performances.

I’m a big fan of Maouche and think he can easily play top end league one. This is a player who had a full season in the 2nd tier in France. 

The big mystery is why he was never picked last season..? All he had was 10 mins against Charlton and only featured in the Checkatrade.

He can obviously play. I can only assume that he and Wellens didn’t get on for whatever reason that may be. His big wage wouldn’t have won him any friends in the changing room i suspect but the internal split that was there in the changing room last season has now obviously gone.

I think he can definitely step up and replace Gardner and probably produce even better performances. Whilst Gardner was bright on the ball and had a bit of pace, he some how always found a way to fuck it up with silly errors. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I’m a big fan of Maouche and think he can easily play top end league one. This is a player who had a full season in the 2nd tier in France. 

The big mystery is why he was never picked last season..? All he had was 10 mins against Charlton and only featured in the Checkatrade.

He can obviously play. I can only assume that he and Wellens didn’t get on for whatever reason that may be. His big wage wouldn’t have won him any friends in the changing room i suspect but the internal split that was there in the changing room last season has now obviously gone.

I think he can definitely step up and replace Gardner and probably produce even better performances. Whilst Gardner was bright on the ball and had a bit of pace, he some how always found a way to fuck it up with silly errors. 

We know you like him you've made no secret of that but he's done nothing previously to suggest he'd operate at high end League 1 level, I will give credit where it's due and he's had a couple of steady games against non league and bottom end League 2 teams but in the same way you shout those down who wrote him off you can't big him up to be something he clearly hasn't shown yet, it does take players time to adjust and he may well be just finding his feet but let's see how he gets on against an in form Bury next week who are particularly strong in the middle of the park, if he bosses that I think we've found a player but my guess is he will just go missing again.

For me he wasn’t comfortable last season probably wondered what the fuck he had let himself in for and was on the wrong side of the divide. When he did play he looked like one of them players with high technical ability but was too soft.

Now AL has managed to wipe out the divide, with some incorrect caualties imo,  when he did get on he seemed to have picked up more of an edge but had nerves and tried to hard.

Now, small sample size aside, he has got a fellow #frenchlad alongside him with both bite and ability, seems more vocal and is always one of the first over in goal celebrations. Then he wiped out his nerves with that goal (which may not have happened if people got on his back after he shot twice from corners) so l expect him to just get better each week now.

Plus I’m biased cos he has done the biz for me on fifa for two years now.

49 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We know you like him you've made no secret of that but he's done nothing previously to suggest he'd operate at high end League 1 level, I will give credit where it's due and he's had a couple of steady games against non league and bottom end League 2 teams but in the same way you shout those down who wrote him off you can't big him up to be something he clearly hasn't shown yet, it does take players time to adjust and he may well be just finding his feet but let's see how he gets on against an in form Bury next week who are particularly strong in the middle of the park, if he bosses that I think we've found a player but my guess is he will just go missing again.

Winning the midfield battle against Bury will be difficult. I hope he’s up to the test.