Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whereabouts in Edinburgh, Stevie?

Near Easter Road believe it or not! The quiet surburb of Hermitage Park.

Ah, I used to live in Leith, before moving out to the Borders.

K bud. Not sure if you've seen Leith in the last few years but it's certainly taken a good few steps in the right direction. Commercial street is now trendy bars, restaurants and town houses...changed days or wot!

Whereabouts in Edinburgh, Stevie?

Near Easter Road believe it or not! The quiet surburb of Hermitage Park.

Ah, I used to live in Leith, before moving out to the Borders.

K bud. Not sure if you've seen Leith in the last few years but it's certainly taken a good few steps in the right direction. Commercial street is now trendy bars, restaurants and town houses...changed days or wot!

I have indeed. It's certainly been spruced up a bit since I was living there. So how did you come to be in Edinburgh/supporting Latics?

So how did you come to be in Edinburgh/supporting Latics?

I remem the day very well.....I must have been 6 years old (1986) and sticking Panini stickers into the album. It was the days when each English Div 1 team got a double page, Scottish teams got a single page and the lower league teams got a team picture only.

I was sticking in the Latics team picture when my Grandad mentioned that Oldham were the team Andy Goram played for. I had previously been "Andy Goram" in a kick around with my Grandad in the back garden. From that day it was Hearts and Latics with me following their progress through the papers until I passed my driving test in 1999 when I was able to start going to some games.

I've managed to get a few mates (We've got 8 members who have been to games) along to BP and a few away games too - everyone of them has been at least once although the 3 regulars rarely change - Craig (Newse), Cammy and myself.

Afternoon folks! :D

Some of you'll recognise me from jkl. Couple of you I've met, probably a few more without knowing it.

I'm a ST holder in the Lookers Upper (it's still the Lookers to me...).

Started watching properly in 1989 (how lucky was that?!), ended up working away and losing touch through the grimmest years (didn't see a single game under Colin!), relocated back home and started watching again a few years ago - just before M**re took over, so you could say I've ridden the biggest highs and lows of the recent rollercoaster.

Currently working in London (only for a few more months), but home is Wilmslow in Cheshire, parents still live in Royton where I grew up and my heart remains in the NW. It's been a good chance to meet a couple of the exiles and get to some southern away games, so it's not all bad down here! :D

Still can't believe how things are going this season but I'm trying not to think too deeply about it - you have to enjoy the good times to the full so you have the memories to get you through the troughs.

Finally, a special mention for The Three Amigos. Not sure where we'd be without them right now, so I just want to thank them sincerely for the journey so far and hope that the good times we're enjoying now will inspire them to stick around for a while yet and see the Plan through... it may not seem like it sometimes, but there are a few thousand Latics who will be eternally and hugely grateful for what TTA have done for our club, whatever the future holds. 8)

Just to follow the "format" (now I've read a few threads in here...)

Name? garcon

Occupation? Disaster Recovery manager for a leading IT services company.

Location? Canary Wharf/City during the week at the moment, Wilmslow in Cheshire is home.

How Long Supporting the Tics? Since 1989, though I first went with my Dad over ten years earlier than that.

Favourite Game (not the obvious one!)? Depends which is the obvious one really doesn't it? There's several to choose from but I'll say the FA Cup semi (first match) at Maine Rd versus Utd in 1990.

All Time Greatest Player? Best quality - Graeme Sharp (controversial...). Biggest Ledge - Andy Ritchie.

Fave Current Member? Not sure... Liddell I reckon - he just oozes class.

Where will we finish? Too many "ifs". If the impossible happens and we stay completely injury free we'll win League One. But that's an awfully big "if".

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Even though I don't hate them with anything like the vitriol most Latics seem to (they've always been my favourite Prem team and I've been to more games than most of their "fans"), it has to be Man Utd. Seems laughable now, but we were rivals for a wee while and those matches stand in my memory probably more than any others. In terms of 'hatred', it's Leeds. Utterly despise them.

And Finally, You became a millionaire, Oldham were available to purchase, what would you do to make our club Secure for the future?

I'd do myself a favour and keep my money in my pocket. :wink:

A million would just disappear into a blackhole, so what's the point? You need at least £10M to make any difference - with that I'd do prettymuch what TTA are doing... I'd certainly have to turn a deaf ear to the fans, because I wouldn't be frittering it away on buying/paying expensive players. :?

Name? Paul Prendergast

Occupation? Full Time Mature Student

Location? Chaddy

How Long Supporting the Tics? 21 Seasons (First game 22/11/86 Beat Palace 1-0 at BP, Tommy Wright scored.

Favourite Game (not the obvious one!)? Swindon 1 Oldham 2 (24/4/2004)- Against the odds we had survived in more ways than one!

All Time Greatest Player? Tommy Wright

Favourite Current Member? Sean Gregan

Where will we finish? Top 2

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Tranmere, Blackpool

And Finally, You became a millionaire, Oldham were available to purchase, what would you do to make our club Secure for the future?

Build the new stadium asap and transfer ownership to the trust, but only after assembling a Trust Board consisting of a board more representitive of 'normal' Laticsfans (Daz, Dave and Derek excepted)