Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Name: Tony Castle

How long a supporter: Since 1974 when I moved to Saddleworth

Favourite Game: Hard to say, probably the 2-1 win at Ipswich in 91 or the 6-0 over West Ham in the Littlewoods cup the year before.

All time great: Again hard when you've followed the team for over 30 years. When I first went I liked Maurice Whittle and Ronnie Blair. But it has to be between Roger Palmer and Andy Ritchie. Probably Andy Ritchie.

Favourite Current: Paul Warne

Finish: Auto Promotion (I hope)

Biggest Rival: Bristol City

I think the most important thing to make the club secure is to improve the ground (I know this is supposed to be happening already). We've now got a good team, drawing in bigger crowds. To keep these coming in, bringing in the money, ground improvement is a must.

Couple of other things, reading some of the posts on the jklatics boards its good to see a few other grumpy old men making posts. I definitely beong to that club!

Finally, although I now live in Lincoln I try to get to a couple of games a month. If you know anyone who lives around here, or on my route, I'd like to get in touch. If I can cut down on cost I may be able to get to a few more games. I suppose I should put up a post myself asking for that info.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jet_dd34

Name: Deena Alessandra

How long a supporter: 10 years

Favourite Game: Spanking Huddersfield on their own turf

All time great: David Eyres

Favourite Current: Richie Wellens :pelvic_thrust2:

Finish: 2nd

Biggest Rival: Blackpool

Millionaire: Good youth team structure/facilities, no scouts allowed from other clubs :shoot3:

Hi Tony....

Im just down the road from you in Grantham, where abouts in Lincoln are you based. been doing a fair bit of travelling recently now Im single again I can get to the matches without earache.

You going to Scunthorpe on Saturday? Should be a good game.

Dave

D'oh, only just seen that you sent me this Beardy!

Name?

Tony

Occupation?

IT Security

Location?

Born in Oldham, live in Bury, work in Manchester

How Long Supporting the Tics?

About 25 years

Favourite Game (not the obvious one!)?

The one when Craig Dudley got a hattrick, it was the first time my mum came to BP, the family had been through a rough time and I knew it would cheer her up. it worked. Thanks Craig.

All Time Greatest Player?

Frank Bunn

Favourite Current Member?

Les........or Warne or Taylor or Haining and holding out for Chris Hall to turn in to the player that he is very capable of doing.

Where will we finish?

Don't want to answer this one, latics have broken my heart too many times.

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

The nearest teams in the division we are in at the time.

And Finally, You became a millionaire, Oldham were available to purchase, what would you do to make our club Secure for the future?

Reduce the entry price for adults to £15, quid for kids to 11, £5 to 16 - get the kids young then you got them for life.

Name?

Jacqueline

Occupation?

Environmental Business Advisor

Location?

Unfortunately live in Summerseat in Bury

How Long Supporting the Tics?

Um, I guess most of my life cos of my dad, except a 6 month red blip.

Favourite Game (not the obvious one!)?

Sorry, but I have to say the spanking of Forest. Sooooo happy after.

All Time Greatest Player?

My first fave player was Gunnar Halle!!

Favourite Current Member?

Without a doubt Poggy.

Where will we finish?

I don't do predictions cos I jinx things. But I know where!! :D

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

I don't like Tranmere.

And Finally, You became a millionaire, Oldham were available to purchase, what would you do to make our club Secure for the future?

Probably put someone in charge of all finances who knew what they were doing!!!

Hi There,

I'm in Bardney, a small village in between Lincoln and Horncastle. Yeah I am going Staurday, and Wolves next Tuesday night. Hoping to get to Bristol as well if the missus will wear it.

I travel to some matches with another Latics fan from Lincoln. I'm sure you'd be welcome to join us.

Granthams about an hour from here, and I maybe out of your way, but if you ever need a lift and we can meet somewhere on route we can maybe sort something out. Have you thought about Northampton? Although as we'll be playing in the next round of the cup who knows when that will be.

Cheers,

Tony

Name? Peter Wright

Occupation? Head of Design

Location? On chair in Edinburgh office

How Long Supporting the Tics? 23 years of ups and downs!

Favourite Game (not the obvious one!)? beating United 1-0 (I had the newspaper cutting over my wall for months!)

All Time Greatest Player? Andy Goram

Favourite Current Member? Pogs

Where will we finish? 2nd

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Forest

Would need more than a million I think. Similar to TTA actually, get the club doing the basics right, then steadily introuduce incentives, market the club via the correct medium and media and then ensure there is enough money left to purchase players who want to play for the club, not play for money! Simple!!

Welcome aboard Mr Wright.. :D

Id say your about 40 mins away looking at the map although like you say your on the wrong side of Lincoln to be honest.

I travel with my brother too so generally have 2 spare seats on this side. Im thinking about Northampton, its only about an hour away for me. Straight down the A1 so thats not a problem, not 100% sure I can make the date though, will have to get back to you on that one.

Thanks

Hey Rummy/Rick

lol, yeah a bit of a fetish for goalkeepers it seems. Not sure what it was about Goram to be honest, but my dad took me to watch Latics train a few times when I was a nipper and I spoke to Goram each time. Every time the ball went over the wall I legged it to retrieve it. He thanked me after and said I could take a few penalties against him, scoring all of them obviuosly (I was about 8 at the time). I think made him a bit of a hero for me.

I was goalie at St. Andrews Rick, well remembered. I think because I was tall rather than being any good. I see myself as a quality left winger myself ;)

Am hoping to get down for the Millwall game in Feb, and then Carlisle Away in March. I will speak to Inspiral as he mentioned he may be going from Edinburgh too. May be good to meet up Rick, (you may see my dad and bro at Scunny tomorrow - they definitely have the Latics bug at the moment) and anyone else for that matter... the vibe around this board and JKLatics at the moment is brilliant. Long may it continue... into the Championship!

Cheers

Pete

Andy goram was my fave,and i have never been a keeper,i even loved him (maybe love is to strong) after that cardiff game,i blamed all the defence for all seven not our gracious keeper

It's a tough world Rocky. A 12 year old lad like you has yet to learn that girls will tell you all sorts to get their evil way with you  :wink:

How many 12 year old's do you know at college Lees :lol:

She could have had her evil way with me. She was :pelvic_thrust2:

:wink:

I guess some people see it as posh. I see it as somewhere with a bus every hour that stops at tea time, full of nosy old people who want to know everyone elses business and judge people, smells of poo regularly and is an absolute arse to get out of!! Can't wait to move away.

How old are you Rocky? I've read before you knew some people from Woodhey. I left there in 99.

How old are you Rocky? I've read before you knew some people from Woodhey. I left there in 99.

Im 21. That cant have been me. I've never even heard of Woodhey.

I went that delightful college in Oldham around the time of the riots. 2001-2005 I was there. Such a fun place to be at the time :eek: :2gun: