Radio Manc tonight. 6pm. 9th April

10 hours ago, milnrow latics said:

Starting from the United league game at Old Trafford we played 8 League games to the end of the season and got 3 points. Relegated by 3 points! Tottenham beat us at Boundary Park in our penultimate game (played on Thursday night). If we had won that then Tottenham would have been relegated and we would have stayed up. Milligan was either sent off very early or they deliberately injured him. 

didnt the spurs game get postponed due to our beach being waterlogged they were dire and struggling for players due to injurys and there for the taking .by the time of the rearanged game all their stars were back typical of our luck 

10 hours ago, milnrow latics said:

Starting from the United league game at Old Trafford we played 8 League games to the end of the season and got 3 points. Relegated by 3 points! Tottenham beat us at Boundary Park in our penultimate game (played on Thursday night). If we had won that then Tottenham would have been relegated and we would have stayed up. Milligan was either sent off very early or they deliberately injured him. 

didnt the spurs game get postponed due to our beach being waterlogged they were dire and struggling for players due to injurys and there for the taking .by the time of the rearanged game all their stars were back typical of our luck 

14 hours ago, peanuts said:

Also two days earlier (I think - the days when teams played Tuesday and Thursday!) we couldn't beat Sheff Utd at home in a six-pointer. They were a bunch of thugs in those days under Dave Bassett and held us to a draw. Think we both got relegated in the end.

22 hours ago, peanuts said:

I thought the Spurs game was postponed because of our cup semi replay with United!!!

I do remember at the time of the original game Spurs were in the middle of the worst run in their history . When we did play it they had recovered and were on a much better run.

28 minutes ago, losesome said:

I thought the Spurs game was postponed because of our cup semi replay with United!!!

I do remember at the time of the original game Spurs were in the middle of the worst run in their history . When we did play it they had recovered and were on a much better run.

iirc its was first postponed due to our pitch resembling  Ainsdale beach after a winter storm  then again due to the manure semi 

6 minutes ago, peanuts said:

iirc its was first postponed due to our pitch resembling  Ainsdale beach after a winter storm  then again due to the manure semi 

I’m pretty sure it was rearranged and if we played Tuesday , Thursday , sat! One it must have been the reason and two, it’s ridiculous!

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Bury put up for sale by latest owner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48058322

Quite a strong similarity to the situation Marco says he took over. 

Eventually you have to believe the relevant regulator of football will stop this happening. I'm not holding my breath though. 

Well there was a meeting this week of EFL championship clubs were they threw out a resolution that club finances should be independently audited. Gibson, chairman of Middlesborough thinks at least 3 championship clubs are cooking the books over the amount of losses they can incur over 3 years. He refused to attend I believe.

It doesn't look good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48042278

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Quite a strong similarity to the situation Marco says he took over. 

Eventually you have to believe the relevant regulator of football will stop this happening. I'm not holding my breath though. 

I’d like to think as bad as Marco may have been and corney our debts are no where near there level

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I’d like to think as bad as Marco may have been and corney our debts are no where near there level

Its not the size of the debt necessarily, it’s the cash flow to service it. Their wage bill is mind boggling. He can bitch about due diligence all he wants, but looking at the monthly payroll  doesn’t need Sherlock Holmes.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Just as (more) importantly.... worth about £200m and well connected. 

Maybe personal [earned] wealth is an indication of someone's likely [not guaranteed of course] competence.

This is not to say a football club owner who isn't wealthy can't be competent, but an individual taking on a club without [earned] wealth should be treated cautiously and their motives/Plan/intentions scrutinsed. Especially one without an emotional connection to club or the area.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Maybe personal [earned] wealth is an indication of someone's likely [not guaranteed of course] competence.

This is not to say a football club owner who isn't wealthy can't be competent, but an individual taking on a club without [earned] wealth should be treated cautiously and their motives/Plan/intentions scrutinsed. Especially one without an emotional connection to club or the area.

Absolutely.  

56 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I have bad news for you. as of June 2017, we owed £11.5m.

Bury accounts are a mess, but as of May 2017 Bury had debts of £6.8m.

Things may have worsened significantly since then, for us and Bury.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

I have bad news for you. as of June 2017, we owed £11.5m.

Bury accounts are a mess, but as of May 2017 Bury had debts of £6.8m.

Things may have worsened significantly since then, for us and Bury.

That's nearly 2 years ago, if Marco is true to his word we should only owe a fraction of that. 

Being realistic I think Marco may have significantly reduced our debt, but it will still be 7 figures, but that is better than 8.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Just as (more) importantly.... worth about £200m and well connected. 

I didn't think he was worth half that. But that was when I last checked a few years ago. 

He is an excellent Chairman though, when I visited their training ground 10 years ago the staff I met were all really genuine about their praise of him. 

Their training facilities will compare very favourable with a lot of top PL clubs. 

Edited by rudemedic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

That's nearly 2 years ago, if Marco is true to his word we should only owe a fraction of that. 

Being realistic I think Marco may have significantly reduced our debt, but it will still be 7 figures, but that is better than 8.

Didn't AL, recently, use the phrase 'almost debt free' about the club?

9 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

We were operating at a loss each month.

My guess is he has stopped the weekly/monthly operating loss, but that the £11.5m to the creditors still remain.

Basically that £11.5m was to Simon Blitz/Gazal & Brass Bank. As we know, they are in negotitations to sell so if Lemsagem had paid off the debt he woul own the land and North Stand. as we know he doesn't and his offer was knocked back.

Furthger, we don't know the circumstances of his takeover, and his "gifts", but reportedly pumped £5m in. So he could have converted that to debt too.

It is entirely feasble he has added to the long term debt since then.

• Like 2