OWTB Vs. OASIS

Guest sheridans_world

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Chill dude. We've got 8 confirmed so far, or 9 if Dave's brother is playing. Still to confirm a few others.

Thats all i wanted!

Ta!!

Because my 'friend', when instructed to book me an appointment for my bridesmaid dress fitting first thing that day, has booked it for 11.30.

It's in Newcastle.

i thought you was getting wed though not the bridesmaid?? thats why me and richie have bought new hats!

:getmecoat:

and I thought my excuse going to watch te egg chasing was bad!!!!! this beats me all hands up

Hands down, surely, Mark :grin:.

The difference is that mine is not an excuse! The wedding's on a Saturday too :(. Goddam women! :wink:.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride and all that!

• 2 weeks later...

So then... week on sat... can I confirm this royal rumble is still happening???

1pm at clayton???

Some of us have travel plans to make! Also - we need squads max of 15 (to stop you northern beggars changing every 5 mins...) Team lists by next wednesday????

Guest sheridans_world
Seeing I see that the "official" organiser is back in the land of the latics (S_W!!!)...

Can you tell us what is going on please... its a week away now (pretty much...)

You northerners bottled it yet???

Just got back in to work after holidays... very busy... will email Mr Hardy at some point today.

Will let everyone know as soon as i can.

S_W

Im still in, pretty sure my Brother is too. OASIS will kick some serious ar$e.

You will soon rearrange those words when the young OWTB's Whippets are running rings around you exiles. Heck. We could even have half the owtb's team in the pub and still win with the kids making you lot look silly.

:grin::wink:

You will soon rearrange those words when the young OWTB's Whippets are running rings around you exiles. Heck. We could even have half the owtb's team in the pub and still win with the kids making you lot look silly.

:grin::wink:

You cant run rings around us if you are injured... :bat:

Only jokin! well... sort of... so team captains... (S_W & LL???) ... do we have finalised line ups...? And what Kits are we wearing??? OWTB - any latics home... OASIS - any latics away kit???

BRING IT ON!

You cant run rings around us if you are injured... :bat:

Only jokin! well... sort of... so team captains... (S_W & LL???) ... do we have finalised line ups...? And what Kits are we wearing??? OWTB - any latics home... OASIS - any latics away kit???

BRING IT ON!

I'll try and finalise a line-up tomorrow, if the Fat Controller stops giving me urgent work to do for tomorrow that he could have given me any time in the last month :angry: Agree with the kit idea though, we'll take away colours. That attractive yellow number hasn't been given an airing for a while :ohno:

Guest sheridans_world

Now just to confirm this is definatley on.

If you want to come, turn up, bring your stuff and you will get a game. If there are that many people there i am not adverse to having two games going, there is a five aside pitch as well as an eleven aside pitch. Lets not count chickens until everyone gets there though.

Please make it to the playing fields for around about 12:45 so we can sort teams out and get playing. We will be meeting next to the football pitches we have played on before (for you OASIS lot that is down in the far corner, the two nearest to Elk Mill. I should be there from around 12:30.

The club are kindly providing us with changing facilities in the Clayton Arms changing rooms, these will be available after the match only. There will be showers available.

Please note that there will not be any ref's (unless someone wants to come forwards, and you'll have to provide your own whistle!). Also i am not too sure whether the goal posts are up yet, will have a look on my way home from work. If anyone has any nets, please bring along, not critical just useful :). If anyone can be a ref or has nets they could bring along please send me a PM by clicking >>Here<<

Ok so thats it, the big game looms.

Please note that post match entertainment will be taking place in the Boundary Park stadium where Oldham Athletic take on Bristol Rovers in a Football League One fixture.

Any questions, any problems, please send me a PM.

Cheers

S_W
Edited by sheridans_world

Please note that post match entertainment will be taking place in the Boundary Park stadium where Oldham Athletic take on Bristol Rovers in a Football League One fixture.

Any questions, any problems, please send me a PM.

Cheers

S_W

[/size]

I hope the players will be watching us - you know, for some tips... I can see total football being played on the Clayton - from the OASIS boys at least...

The big question is... will there be enough time for a pre-match pint??? Quick un in the clayton green??? Losers get em in???? Or how about we all chip in for a crate or two and have a post game beer!

This is good news though - perfect conditions! Weather oopt norf