19/20 League 2 Relegation places - 1 or 2?

As things currently stand:

BBC league 2 table suggests 1 team relegated.

SKY league 2 table suggests 2 teams relegated.

My understanding is that an EFL September meeting with league 2 representatives will make a final decision, so SKY table is correct, for now.

does it matter can you see another club in this league that  is and will stay as poor as ourselves come january the clubs around us will change mangemeny teams and strengthen we will continue slowly slowly with a model that is clearly not working 

Bury MP and Andy Burnham meeting as a Bury "Rescue Board" with a view to smoothing a takeover and re entry back into the League with a different takeover gaining momentum (not the Brazilian pastor) 

Obviously no idea if it will succeed. 

15 minutes ago, singe said:

Bury MP and Andy Burnham meeting as a Bury "Rescue Board" with a view to smoothing a takeover and re entry back into the League with a different takeover gaining momentum (not the Brazilian pastor) 

Obviously no idea if it will succeed. 

It shouldn’t. 

Is he negotiating to get the hundreds of thousands of pounds of council council tax payers money back too as part of the deal? 

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It shouldn’t. 

Is he negotiating to get the hundreds of thousands of pounds of council council tax payers money back too as part of the deal? 

No idea, you best ask them. 

Not sure we are in the strongest position to pass judgement on those grounds. 

2 hours ago, singe said:

No idea, you best ask them. 

Not sure we are in the strongest position to pass judgement on those grounds. 

I don't think we have (yet) agreed to pay only 25% of what we owe to dozens of local businesses and kids charities (!!) that are massively out of pocket, not forgetting the council tax payers who will have to make up the shortfall or see services reduced first...

...then again... it is a marginal and swinging seat. 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Bury have been removed, they should start again from the bottom if they continue to exist as a club...which I hope they do.
If they are let back in the League, then football can go f**k itself, as far as I am concerned.

Agreed.

Let a club fuck with the rules and borrow crazy amounts.  Get their debts written off if it goes wrong.  Bleat... attract the virtuous to support you and simply hop back in to the league?

That would be dangerous, idiotic and unfair in the extreme.

58 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I don't think we have (yet) agreed to pay only 25% of what we owe to dozens of local businesses and kids charities (!!) that are massively out of pocket, not forgetting the council tax payers who will have to make up the shortfall or see services reduced first...

...then again... it is a marginal and swinging seat. 

And what percentage did we repay when we went into Admin...? To plenty of of local businesses.
It's hypocritical to pretend we were wildly different.

18 minutes ago, singe said:

And what percentage did we repay when we went into Admin...? To plenty of of local businesses.
It's hypocritical to pretend we were wildly different.

Think we paid the taxman 50%. Which was the most out of all the clubs that had gone into administration for a few years either side. 

I don't know what we paid back to local businesses but I'd guess it was fairly similar. 

50 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

1. We paid more. 

2. The rules were changed. 

Even if it is 50% (and I think the Taxman and Football debts got a higher % age)  is nothing to be proud of. Nor wildly different, local businesses still lost a significant amount of money.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Even if it is 50% (and I think the Taxman and Football debts got a higher % age)  is nothing to be proud of. Nor wildly different, local businesses still lost a significant amount of money.

Whose proud of it? What are you going on about? 

What has this to do with my post about Bury's MP currying favour in a misguided fashion? 

Just now, Hands on said:

If Bury are allowed back in there would be a fair amount of litigation particularly by the club finishing second from bottom 

Rightly so. I hope the EFL get sued big time for the league 1 shambles. Bolton playing those games with the team they had was a joke. I’d love it if one of the clubs that played them then stays up on goal difference and another team take a pop at them. 

The EFL won't let them back in now it's too late.

As for relegation, I'm sure the EFL stated that 3 teams would be relegated from L1 with 4 promoted from L2, and 1 relegated from L2 with 2 promoted from the Conference.

The EFL is a members club, just like the Premier League. It is perfectly understandable for it to minimise the number of existing members leaving, hence only one relegated from Lg2. The National League clubs aren’t adversely affected either. 

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

Bury have been removed, they should start again from the bottom if they continue to exist as a club...which I hope they do.
If they are let back in the League, then football can go f**k itself, as far as I am concerned.

To continue your line of thought......football has already f**%#ed itself....although they outsourced the actual f**%#ing to Sky and the Premier League

Archived