New pitch at BP?

The mayor of Oldham, Ginny Alexander, says in this video she is working with Latics, Oldham Council and Oldham RLFC at getting Roughyeds playing back at Boundary Park with a new pitch laid.

https://m.facebook.com/themayorofoldham/videos/344817770011086/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fthemayorofoldham%2F&_rdr

It may be very difficult working in amongst the current shite-storm between the stadium landlord and the club, but I’d be over the moon if it came off.

9 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

The mayor of Oldham, Ginny Alexander, says in this video she is working with Latics, Oldham Council and Oldham RLFC at getting Roughyeds playing back at Boundary Park with a new pitch laid.

https://m.facebook.com/themayorofoldham/videos/344817770011086/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fthemayorofoldham%2F&_rdr

It may be very difficult working in amongst the current shite-storm between the stadium landlord and the club, but I’d be over the moon if it came off.

It’ll be laid just as soon as those porta cabins on the training pitch have been finished 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It was under the previous Latics regime, but didn't Roughyeds owe us a lot of money from when they previously used BP, which led Corney to say he would never let them use the ground again...?

seem to remember it was not just us but Ashton Utd as well  hence tem ending up at stalyridge 

Think it's important in these strange times for the 2 clubs to work together for mutual benefit.

Roughyeds play in Oldham and benefit from lower ground rent fees

Latics gain some much needed extra revenue from Roughyeds 

Seems logical to me...

21 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Think it's important in these strange times for the 2 clubs to work together for mutual benefit.

Seems logical to me...

Will we???????

Don't think Roughyeds are playing at all in professional rugby in 2020/21. 

I do believe that Roughyeds should play in the Town that bears their name however having spent some time watching them as my RL team, I discovered the majority of Roughyeds supporters actively disliked Latics and, in many cases, blamed OAFC for anything that aversely affected their club. 

Have no time for Roughyeds now, do not wish them ill but feel nothing at all for them after my time watching them     

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Seems logical to me...

Not when that revenue is wasted as it has to be spent on the pitch. 

52 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I discovered the majority of Roughyeds supporters actively disliked Latics and, in many cases, blamed OAFC for anything that aversely affected their club. 

Interesting as that’s not my experience at all. Some may not have a good opinion of the football club, but you also see many folk who support both clubs and attend games at both. It’s certainly not like Wigan, who have a more definite split between fans.

I knew a lot of Latics fans who went to the Rugby but they were primarily Latics like me. Of those i didn't know but spoke to about rugby, they were virtually all very anti-Latics. My experience was that Oldhamers from the Watersheddings side of town were rugby first and then United or Leeds if it came to their football preference.

I am Latics from outside Oldham but my home town has no professional football or RL team so I can't be sure whether my own experience is an accurate reflection of how it actually is but i can only speak as I found. 

Fair enough Unsworth Blue.

I think most people just want to see the town better represented in sporting terms, especially given how poor it’s been for the majority of the last 20 years or so.

Ironically the rugby club probably has a lot better reputation for paying bills than Latics has recently.

37 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Fair enough Unsworth Blue.

I think most people just want to see the town better represented in sporting terms, especially given how poor it’s been for the majority of the last 20 years or so.

Ironically the rugby club probably has a lot better reputation for paying bills than Latics has recently.

I would have loved them to get to Wembley same weekend as Latics did back in 1990 but they got done by a late try. Went to watch them lose to Cas at Wigan in semi finals of Challenge Cup mid 80s and saw a couple of great games at Sheddings when they beat Wigan in Challenge Cup and lost to Saints. Watched them at about 8-10 RLFC grounds in 80s.    

Don't feel same about them now but don't wish them any ills   

19 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Exactly. Any revenue would go to Brassbank wouldn't it? Unless the club were allowed to sublet it. I may be wrong as it's a minefield.

Even if the money was to go to Brassbank then they would have been playing on Boundary Park for years as Blitz would have happily taken the money.

Id say the money from rent or anything on the gate is probably less than the extra maintenance on the stadium and the pitch. 

The only way you would ever see the Roughyeds play at Boundary Park is if they made it to super league then they could probably get the crowds to justify it.

Archived