Where's Your Money?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, al_bro said:

We are 40/1 on several sites to win the league.

SBK (whoever they are) are offering 10/1 for promotion. Betvictor offering 8/1.  Most others are 13/2.

Betvictor are offering 12/1 for a top 3 finish. Others offering 9,10 and 11/1.

Betvictor are offering 7/1 to finish in the playoffs. Others are 5 and 6/1.

Betfred are offering 4/1 for a top 7 place. With most others offering 7/2.

Befred are offering 6/4 for a top half finish.

Most are offering 6/1 for relegation.

Place your bets. I'm not bothering again this season, anything can happen. We could get a points deduction for going into administration. Too many possibilities for me. From those odds, the bookies think that their is more chance of us finishing in the playoffs than being relegated.

SBK, otherwise known as SMarkets are the best price on just about everything. They essentially screen scrape Betfair prices and don't charge a commission. Don't go anywhere else. 

On 8/5/2021 at 8:37 AM, Monty Burns said:

l couldn't do that unless it was a crunch match. Lost money on turkey v England didnt care, won on QPR v us was devoed, won on croatia v us in the WC also cashed out all my england euro 2020 bets on the morning of the final and put the money on italy and l'm still upset now.

£100 double city for league amd champs league. Really, really, really hope l lose. 🥺.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:55 PM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We should be aiming for promotion...

On 7/22/2021 at 10:02 PM, League one forever said:

Here he is. 😂

Lee Sinnott is absolutely correct. What is the point of it all, if you don't aim for promotion??

Can you imagine the outcry if it was announced, "Ok everyone, thanks for carrying on supporting us and not listening to the likes of PTB regarding a boycott. As a thank you we are going to aim high this season - we want to ensure we finish between 14th and 18th in the old 4th division. We look forward to your continuing blind stupidity."

32 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Lee Sinnott is absolutely correct. What is the point of it all, if you don't aim for promotion??

Can you imagine the outcry if it was announced, "Ok everyone, thanks for carrying on supporting us and not listening to the likes of PTB regarding a boycott. As a thank you we are going to aim high this season - we want to ensure we finish between 14th and 18th in the old 4th division. We look forward to your continuing blind stupidity."

Sinnot is on the wind up, he always contradicts himself. One minute we should be champions, the next he’s rightly ripping through our shit squad.

As for your second point- I’m not sure what you’re  talking about. No club in the history of football would make a statement like you’ve given.  That doesn’t hide the fact that any sensible fair minded person knows we are nowhere near a promotion side.  If people want to delude themselves or come here on the wind up- then go nuts. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

No club in the history of football would make a statement like you’ve given.  That doesn’t hide the fact that any sensible fair minded person knows we are nowhere near a promotion side.  If people want to delude themselves or come here on the wind up- then go nuts. 

Barry pretty much did didn't he? 😂 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Sinnot is on the wind up, he always contradicts himself. One minute we should be champions, the next he’s rightly ripping through our shit squad.

As for your second point- I’m not sure what you’re  talking about. No club in the history of football would make a statement like you’ve given.  That doesn’t hide the fact that any sensible fair minded person knows we are nowhere near a promotion side.  If people want to delude themselves or come here on the wind up- then go nuts. 

There are at least 6 Premier League teams who every year aim for nothing more than finishing 4th from the bottom and make no secret of it and deem it a success if achieved . . Different scenarios yes but certainly on the same continuum of limited ambition and expectation 

On 8/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, League one forever said:

I'm deadly serious. I think we should go up; not cos we are any good but cos the division is crap...

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm deadly serious. I think we should go up; not cos we are any good but cos the division is crap...

I know, genuinely thought you were having a laugh and then listened to you on the pod today.  Didn’t really think you had anything to back up your argument. Other than you confessed to being a bit of a football snob- which I took mean you can’t get your head around how shit we have to be to not be able to compete in this division. But that is the reality. We really are that shit. You then said you were worried about Curle, and his use of the word comfortably lower end when talking about the budget- so you expect a circa bottom six budget to go up automatically? How does that work? You then mentioned needing a good spine- agreed. We have keeper no one has seen since he signed. Two very injury prone defenders- and pidge. We follow that up with a kid from Tottenham and a 1 in 4 man up top. What part of that spine says- automatic promotion? It seems that you acknowledge and agree with those points, and yet the argument is still - we should piss it because everyone else is shitter. I think after 46 games you finish where you deserve. 

One thing I definitely agreed with you on, (and I know we banter about) is curle. He wasn’t brought in to finish 17/18th, and when we inevitably sit there in Jan he’ll get the sack. But what chance is he being given with the signings so far? The owners delusion never ceases to amaze me. 

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

You then said you were worried about Curle, and his use of the word comfortably lower end when talking about the budget- so you expect a circa bottom six budget to go up automatically? How does that work? - Morecambe and Cambridge had a low budget last season. Whilst it's difficult, it is possible to overachieve with a low budget. There will be plenty of times this season that do it, so why not us?

You then mentioned needing a good spine- agreed. We have keeper no one has seen since he signed. Two very injury prone defenders- and pidge. We follow that up with a kid from Tottenham and a 1 in 4 man up top. What part of that spine says- automatic promotion? - 100%. Like I said to Matt, we need a couple of players to have their best ever season, but Mullin did it for Cambridge last season so what is to say Hope can't have his best goalscoring season this year? We know how good Bahamboula can be on his day and we need the Spurs lad to fill the void left by McCalmont. If Cisse can add some bite to the midfield, then already it looks better than last season. At the back, we need to get games out of Clarke and McGahey and need them to hit the ground running; Saturday wasn't the best of starts with one being injured and then one going off injured but it is early days.

It seems that you acknowledge and agree with those points, and yet the argument is still - we should piss it because everyone else is shitter. I think after 46 games you finish where you deserve. - Don't think we should walk it. I think Salford and Bristol will run away with it but I don't see why we can't push for that 3rd promotion place.

One thing I definitely agreed with you on, (and I know we banter about) is curle. He wasn’t brought in to finish 17/18th, and when we inevitably sit there in Jan he’ll get the sack. But what chance is he being given with the signings so far? The owners delusion never ceases to amaze me. - He knew what he was getting himself into and, from what he was saying last Tuesday, he is happy with where we are at. Me or you could manage this club this season and finish 18th. Curle is here to take us higher than that and he knows it...

Replies in the quote box...

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Replies in the quote box...

You’ve got a lot of if’s in there, it would need a combination of injury prone players to stay fit, a loan gamble to pay off and Hope to find a season he has never had in his career. 

Is it possible- of course. 

Is it likely- not for me. 

As in often the case, the truth is somewhere in between. The two centre half’s will be in and out. Bowden will do better as the season goes on, and Hope will get 10 goals. 

36 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You’ve got a lot of if’s in there, it would need a combination of injury prone players to stay fit, a loan gamble to pay off and Hope to find a season he has never had in his career. 

Is it possible- of course. 

Is it likely- not for me. 

As in often the case, the truth is somewhere in between. The two centre half’s will be in and out. Bowden will do better as the season goes on, and Hope will get 10 goals. 

Its very obvious that there is an eclectic mix of views and ideas of where we are as a club and where we are going.

I think on the whole most of us respect each others views and the reasons behind them.

Ive said before a team doesn't need a 20 goal forward if the team chips in with goals and the goals against is very stingy.

I have heard good things about Hope regarding his general play and his attitude, and this is from someone who knows what its like to play top level football.

We know what Bahamboula can bring to the team and DKD can be a threat although he was very poor on Saturday. 

I am pretty sure the lad from Spurs will turn out decent as well as Cisse.

The defence may chop and change a bit due to injuries but if fit, will be better than last season.

I disagree quite alot about Pidge, I thought he was one of the better players on Saturday aswell as being the biggest goal threat. We forget he is a league 2 defender, if he was perfect he wouldn't be here.

I take it "paddy" from the podcast is Lee Sinnott on here, he is quite adament that Pidge is not worthy of a place in the team, I strongly disagree.

I agree with his comment about snobbery tho.

I expect us to get out of this league because only us and Bradford could say we shouldn't be in league two.

This may be based on growing up in the 70s,80s and 90s watching championship & premier league football at BP. I know we are not that team anymore but we still that club and should have owners who understand this and the potential this club has got. We may not get good crowds because the majority of our fans fell out of love years ago and could not stand to see the demise.

A successful team could definately generate a better environment in BP and the crowds would get bigger.

So is that snobbery, it probably is, is it realistic, probably should be.

Is it achievable, unlikely without a change in mentality by those who steer the ship.

Archived