Where's Your Money?

55 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Ignoring the circus who runs the club, Curle has done nothing to prove he is an improvement on HK.

In fact I'd go as far as saying we are just as shit but just less entertaining.   

Perhaps if 2 different managers have delivered the same kind of results then the manager might not be the problem?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's actually what the club should be aiming at in L2. But this squad won't be good enough even with 3-4 additions.

If we'd been aiming for it in L1 we wouldn't even be in L2 now, but the board were always happy to finish 17th. We should be aiming for automatic every season in the lower leagues, but the club has absolutely no ambition and hasn't for a long time. I'd say there's much more chance of us going down rather than up at this point. 

34 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

If we'd been aiming for it in L1 we wouldn't even be in L2 now, but the board were always happy to finish 17th. We should be aiming for automatic every season in the lower leagues, but the club has absolutely no ambition and hasn't for a long time. I'd say there's much more chance of us going down rather than up at this point. 

No it's not as simple as that. Our Owner has been saying that we have been aiming for promotion for the last 3 seasons and I genuinely think he was thick enough to believe it was a serious possibility. You can go an say you have ambition and that you want to be here there or wherever in 5 years. If you don't have a strategy to back it up then failure is inevitable.

The problem in L1 wasn't necessarily the lack of ambition but more the point that Blitz Gazal and Corney held onto the club between 2010-2018 when they had clearly lost interest and should have found a proper buyer and should have accepted that they had to make compromises for that to happen and cut their losses earlier. Instead by holding onto the ground the way they have done its cost them alot of time and effort which they could have directed elsewhere to things that would actually make them money.

23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Like the 10 managers before them? Perhaps their is a reason we can only attract "shite" mangers.

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Or they could just both be shite managers?

I thought Curle has been in full control of the signings? 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, latics22 said:

I don’t think Sinnott is saying it’s nailed on or it will happen. He is saying that a club with a history of being a lot higher over the last 30 years should be at the very minimum, expecting a top 5 finish. I doubt for one second he believes we will be.

It should happen. Anything lower than top 5 and Curle has failed...

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Its a good point - you could finish 5th and not get promoted or 7th and still win the playoffs - would @Lee Sinnott sack Curle for the latter and keep him for the former? 🤣

Would probably keep him in the post if we drop to 6th or 7th but would give him a pay cut...

First season ever where I reckon we'll get relegated. Didn't even think that when we had Iacovitti at the back or Segbe up front. More than happy to be proven wrong.

We could have Klopp or Pep as manager and it still wouldn't make a difference. The level of player we're attracting - or, rather, not able to attract - is so poor. Looking in league activity thread, there are so many great potential signings going elsewhere - even to the National League. I think people overthink the League Two standard far too much.

The club mindset doesn't seem great going off what Davies and Wheater have alluded to. Again, we could have a great team and with that still struggle. 

Just draining knowing yet another poor season is waiting for us. Can't see at what point it's supposed to improve and, as we've all learned, anything can happen between now and Christmas. As if we were told we were aiming for the Championship in 5 years...

56 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

First season ever where I reckon we'll get relegated. Didn't even think that when we had Iacovitti at the back or Segbe up front. More than happy to be proven wrong.

We could have Klopp or Pep as manager and it still wouldn't make a difference. The level of player we're attracting - or, rather, not able to attract - is so poor. Looking in league activity thread, there are so many great potential signings going elsewhere - even to the National League. I think people overthink the League Two standard far too much.

The club mindset doesn't seem great going off what Davies and Wheater have alluded to. Again, we could have a great team and with that still struggle. 

Just draining knowing yet another poor season is waiting for us. Can't see at what point it's supposed to improve and, as we've all learned, anything can happen between now and Christmas. As if we were told we were aiming for the Championship in 5 years...

And if AL decides to throw his toys out of the pram and walk away, we will have a points deduction for going into admin. 

57 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Don't know what you're basing your pessimism on, I've been reasonably happy the way the team's shaping although we obviously need 3 or 4 more players. 

54 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l was gona put £230 on us going up but l could only get 10/3 so lve bought a ST instead. Typing this lve just realised that ST's are the same price as my minimum day rate. Voodoo. Stick a days wage on us if we lose on saturday 🙄.

Mo idea where you looking but 13/2 with SkyBet

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

bet365 and yes its 13/2 🙄

absolutely no idea what lve done there!!!

Least lve got a season ticket. Just put £50 on us to go up..

You may have been wiser to put the 50 on Newport on Saturday (may have been 19/10 I saw on here) then us half of it to back the draw at Bradford, we'll that's where I'm going anyway, but with a smaller initial outlay. 

11 hours ago, disjointed said:

You may have been wiser to put the 50 on Newport on Saturday (may have been 19/10 I saw on here) then us half of it to back the draw at Bradford, we'll that's where I'm going anyway, but with a smaller initial outlay. 

l couldn't do that unless it was a crunch match. Lost money on turkey v England didnt care, won on QPR v us was devoed, won on croatia v us in the WC also cashed out all my england euro 2020 bets on the morning of the final and put the money on italy and l'm still upset now.

We are 40/1 on several sites to win the league.

SBK (whoever they are) are offering 10/1 for promotion. Betvictor offering 8/1.  Most others are 13/2.

Betvictor are offering 12/1 for a top 3 finish. Others offering 9,10 and 11/1.

Betvictor are offering 7/1 to finish in the playoffs. Others are 5 and 6/1.

Betfred are offering 4/1 for a top 7 place. With most others offering 7/2.

Befred are offering 6/4 for a top half finish.

Most are offering 6/1 for relegation.

Place your bets. I'm not bothering again this season, anything can happen. We could get a points deduction for going into administration. Too many possibilities for me. From those odds, the bookies think that their is more chance of us finishing in the playoffs than being relegated.

Archived