BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 11th Oct '21 Episode 53: If you sleep with dogs, you get fleas!

11 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I don't necessarily think you should be straying into club decisions territory, 

That's just bizarre.  The whole problem is that the club (aka the owner) has made a whole series of shockingly bad decisions

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That's just bizarre.  The whole problem is that the club (aka the owner) has made a whole series of shockingly bad decisions

Each to their own I suppose but I agree Dave I was slightly surprised by that from Rob. 

17 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Each to their own I suppose but I agree Dave I was slightly surprised by that from Rob. 

I think I struggled a bit with the logic as well. 

Your owner is not a pantomime villain in the style of Owen Oyston, as far as I can see. Aspects of his conduct might worry you, but it is his performance in and aptitude for his role that is mainly at issue. The EFL is an unforgiving environment for people who don't get the basics right. And to me, a failure to retain key personnel OFF the field and poor recruitment of personnel ON it are areas where you can legitimately have a view and try to exercise influence.

There is a not dissimilar scenario playing out at Southend at the moment, albeit there is a huge potential housing development in play there as well. . They got rid of almost all their managerial team this week. But the owner remains, which is why they remain in very big trouble.  This is partly because he too appears to have no strategy other than one that furthers HIS business interests,  and keeps bringing in people who aren't up to the job. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It is their club and they will ultimately make whatever decisions they want to make, especially as the relationship between the two parties has broken down, why waste time and effort trying to influence something you have no hope of influencing.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It is their club and they will ultimately make whatever decisions they want to make, especially as the relationship between the two parties has broken down, why waste time and effort trying to influence something you have no hope of influencing.

So do you sit back and watch it disappear? 

what would you do next Rob? 

10 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

So do you sit back and watch it disappear? 

what would you do next Rob? 

I'm not involved with it Adam so irrelevant what I would or wouldn't do and to be honest any sort of constructive criticism just gets slapped down anyway so I'm not going to comment anymore and will instead just wish you lads well with it all.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm not involved with it Adam so irrelevant what I would or wouldn't do and to be honest any sort of constructive criticism just gets slapped down anyway so I'm not going to comment anymore and will instead just wish you lads well with it all.

Constructive criticism also comes with suggestions/ ideas of what to do instead, all I was asking for is what you would suggest? 

36 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Game over then

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Quite frankly, as one who is boycotting, I find that offensive. It was anything but easy not to buy a season ticket for the first time in decades. I'd say the fans inside the ground who don't give the owner any shit are the ones 'waiting for others to make a difference'. Driving up from Stockport to protest but then refusing to pay into the ground demonstrates plenty of fire in my belly. 

Sorry if that offended you, no intention of doing that.

We all want to go to the same destination but quite alot of us seem to disagree on the route.

Until most uf us can agree on a way to make a bigger noise or boycott  then we are poles apart as a group of fans, I include you and I in that as we disagree, there are others who couldnt care less which is sad.

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Quite frankly, as one who is boycotting, I find that offensive. It was anything but easy not to buy a season ticket for the first time in decades. I'd say the fans inside the ground who don't give the owner any shit are the ones 'waiting for others to make a difference'. Driving up from Stockport to protest but then refusing to pay into the ground demonstrates plenty of fire in my 

N/A

3 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Sorry if that offended you, no intention of doing that.

We all want to go to the same destination but quite alot of us seem to disagree on the route.

Until most uf us can agree on a way to make a bigger noise or boycott  then we are poles apart as a group of fans, I include you and I in that as we disagree, there are others who couldnt care less which is sad.

I guess I'm different in that I like also to watch how the opposition players perform, so a season ticket for me was natural.

Think I got that from when I enjoyed the magical Alan Groves against us at  Bournemouth, never thinking for one moment he'd ever play for us. 

Same with Sam Surridge when he looked such a good prospect against us in their your team. 

The next on my wish list is centre forward Luke Armstrong of Harrogate, if we ever get out of this mess.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I guess I'm different in that I like also to watch how the opposition players perform, so a season ticket for me was natural.

Think I got that from when I enjoyed the magical Alan Groves against us at  Bournemouth, never thinking for one moment he'd ever play for us. 

Same with Sam Surridge when he looked such a good prospect against us in their your team. 

The next on my wish list is centre forward Luke Armstrong of Harrogate, if we ever get out of this mess.

Armstrong did look like the player we need.

But you get what you pay for.

The problem we have is one of belief.  Beliefs are dangerous because they make people behave irrationally.  Marco & Mo appear to believe that they can be successful owners of Oldham Athletic.  This belief like many is pure delusion.  I have great respect for those of you trying to do something, anything but you are up against irrational belief.

If there is someone out there willing to buy them out so that they turn a profit and to buy Blitz out, again at a profit, Oldham might just survive.

I still buy a season ticket.  I still support the club.  If everyone stops supporting home games there is in my view only one outcome and that is the oblivion of relegation.  I hope Curle can turn it round but I seriously doubt it.  I hope Marco & Mo will come to their senses and get out but I seriously doubt that as well.

I supported the club when we made it to the top and will still be supporting the club when relegation forces Marco & Mo to go.  

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived