Mansfield v Stevenage

It absolutely stinks of a con by Stevenage. Every football fan can see that. Let's hope the EFL find some evidence. It would be sweet after what happened to Macc, although I wouldn't back them to find their own arse with both hands. 

They are definitely trying to pull the wool with this one. Get some bollox EFL.

And while you are at it get the standard of refereeing sorted. I've seen better at a pub team game on a Sunday morning

2 minutes ago, Mercater said:

They are definitely trying to pull the wool with this one. Get some bollox EFL.

And while you are at it get the standard of refereeing sorted. I've seen better at a pub team game on a Sunday morning

You do realise today's ref was Sebastian Stocksbridge, possibly one of the worst refs I have ever seen. How he stills makes the EFL list for referees is beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

You do realise today's ref was Sebastian Stocksbridge, possibly one of the worst refs I have ever seen. How he stills makes the EFL list for referees is beyond me. 

Probably because he is called Sebastian and they are tring to level up.

On 3/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, disjointed said:

He was such a bad referee that he gave us a penalty and sent an Exeter player off and we STILL couldn’t score. We need bad refs like that if we’ve any chance of staying up.

3 hours ago, The Greek said:

He was such a bad referee that he gave us a penalty and sent an Exeter player off and we STILL couldn’t score. We need bad refs like that if we’ve any chance of staying up.

He did us no favours at all. The penalty was a penalty and arguably a red card for dangerous play. The red card was as blatant as they come. He missed a few clear hand balls and his booking of Hart will cost us dear. I never want to see him darken our door again. 

34 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

He did us no favours at all. The penalty was a penalty and arguably a red card for dangerous play. The red card was as blatant as they come. He missed a few clear hand balls and his booking of Hart will cost us dear. I never want to see him darken our door again. 

I have said it before and I’ll say it once more… there are NO decent referees at our level.

Saturday’s officials were up there with the worst we have had at BP. He had a shocking first half and a not much better second. He simply missed too much on the pitch and deserved the criticism he received.

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I have said it before and I’ll say it once more… there are NO decent referees at our level.

Saturday’s officials were up there with the worst we have had at BP. He had a shocking first half and a not much better second. He simply missed too much on the pitch and deserved the criticism he received.

I agree that there are no decent refs at our level, but Stocksbridge is incompetent. 

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

A question:

Are referees at League 2 level full-time or do they have day jobs as well?

I think all EFL 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Yellow was right for the penalty . It’s the “double jeopardy “ factor that was introduced a few years ago. If the defender can reasonably be said to have committed the foul whilst attempting to play the ball then the penalty and a yellow is deemed sufficient.

I don’t think the defender on Saturday set out to foul, so no red.

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

I think all EFL 

Yellow was right for the penalty . It’s the “double jeopardy “ factor that was introduced a few years ago. If the defender can reasonably be said to have committed the foul whilst attempting to play the ball then the penalty and a yellow is deemed sufficient.

I don’t think the defender on Saturday set out to foul, so no red.

I think your referring to the denial of a goalscoring opportunity rather than the endangering an opponent/serious foul play 

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

A question:

Are referees at League 2 level full-time or do they have day jobs as well?

They usually have day jobs in leagues 1 & 2. I think a certain Mr Ben Toner is a teacher, and Darren Drysdale is an RAF sergeant. 

The guy at Swindon has to be one of the worst to give that many yellow cards he was so for the home side it was embarrassing.We have lost so many points this season with poor officials Tranmere corner that did not count and the goal at Carlisle to name but a few.

Steve Evans’ interview on Thursday was talking about how tough his first week has been with the covid situation - not being able to train with the full squad and how they’ll probably have players missing v Exeter. Just looked at their starting line up, and can’t see anyone who’s missing. In fact, they actually have players back who weren’t involved in their last match 

🧐

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Steve Evans’ interview on Thursday was talking about how tough his first week has been with the covid situation - not being able to train with the full squad and how they’ll probably have players missing v Exeter. Just looked at their starting line up, and can’t see anyone who’s missing. In fact, they actually have players back who weren’t involved in their last match 

🧐

What a surprise that is hope the fa do them but bet they will not.

7 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

What a surprise that is hope the fa do them but bet they will not.

Annoyingly, it’s Exeter who are weaker through injury and suspension - including the lad on a 3 match ban for getting sent off in the 92nd min v us. Would’ve been better if the ref hadn’t given him the red from our point of view!!

Archived