Loan Market

Expecting there to be a few loan signings coming in shortly. 

In league 1 we were always looking at local prem or championship youngsters. League 2 felt like we were looking at teams like Wigan for players. 

What clubs send players out to the National League? What clubs would we be looking towards? Blackpool, Rochdale, lower? 

Also any rumours of loan players coming in? 

23 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Expecting there to be a few loan signings coming in shortly. 

In league 1 we were always looking at local prem or championship youngsters. League 2 felt like we were looking at teams like Wigan for players. 

What clubs send players out to the National League? What clubs would we be looking towards? Blackpool, Rochdale, lower? 

Also any rumours of loan players coming in? 

When we were in league one, we’d send our loans to the national league and national league north- sometimes even lower. I’d expect we’ll be asking similar type clubs. Lower league one league two clubs. Going to be tough to find the 3 or 4 gems we’re after. 

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Please please please don't let our season saving loans be from bloody Rochdale. 

If they help the club back into the league, then I guess it doesn't really matter where they come from. It has to sink in, the club is where it is and Sheridan is probably looking at League One and Two for loans. Personally, I think any player coming to non-league from anything above League One will most probably not be arsed giving it his best to impress. Just my opinion.

32 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

Nice little job for starters for Joe to contact his chums at City and Everton and arrange for some young, fit, pacy international talent to unleash themselves upon our opponents….  

It's a nice thought but I can't see it materialising, even with his connections.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

If they help the club back into the league, then I guess it doesn't really matter where they come from. It has to sink in, the club is where it is and Sheridan is probably looking at League One and Two for loans. Personally, I think any player coming to non-league from anything above League One will most probably not be arsed giving it his best to impress. Just my opinion.

I think at least a couple of Championship players were loaned to non league clubs and eventually finished up in the current England squad.

1 hour ago, hollandspies said:

Nice little job for starters for Joe to contact his chums at City and Everton and arrange for some young, fit, pacy international talent to unleash themselves upon our opponents….  

City aren't sending anyone to this level though surely? Everton should also be looking at loaning players out league one at the very lowest. 

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

Agreed Wardie. 

When we were in league one the vast majority of players we sent to non league were always youths, or young players with limited first team appearances. I can’t see shezs going for these players given his reluctance to rely on Vaughan Couto and Sutton. 

I suppose we’re after the Giles coke situation, outcast- not a chance of playing. He turned it round at Grimsby to be fair to him. 

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but do you have examples...?

I can think of a few that played in non-league that are around the squad (or have been in recent years) but no one that was loaned there. 

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Good one, Simon. Three points...

No problem Patrick.

Going back to BP's post I think several went from Prem or Championship to League 2 but not actually that many to The National League, still think we wouldn't be too bad an option given our history even though we've dropped out of the EFL, I'm expecting our loans to come from the likes of Wigan, Bolton - even Morecambe and Accrington would have fringe players who'd improve our squad as sad as it seems.

Archived