MATCH: vs Bromley (A) 24/09/22

John's record, in general, has been poor for a while. I love the bloke, but we needed a change at the end of the season. We didn't get any stellar signings. He signed a load of largely journeymen for the lower leagues or crocks, or both. He might have had little choice. The question is, at what point did we know for certain there would be a take-over? At that point, the bar should've been set higher.

That said, there's still no denying his record has been rubbish for years.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, nzlatic said:

We already have haven’t we? B team, create a proper path from academy to 1st team, improve the sports science side of things to improve fitness and injury situation etc. He’s also talked about how he wants his team to play. What more do we need to hear?

Yes, you're absolutely right, and all of those things are solid, long-term and forward-planning ideas which I am definitely happy about, given the dire straits the club was in recently. I am more concerned about the 'now' because despite how Unsworth wants his team to play, the players are clearly not going to be up to it.

I probably worded my post incorrectly, it's my frustration with the legacy Sheridan left the club in terms of players both crocked and crap. I'm wondering if the club is going to invest in the playing side to keep the club in the NL and prevent what would be an even more disastrous slide.

Perhaps I am being impatient and asking too much, too soon.

47 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Still feel absolutely deflated this morning after that trip. Was going to drive Maidenhead (due to the strikes), no chance now. 

Same here.

Just been on Bromleys site and they all saying we were the worst  team they have  seen for ages. Sums it up!!

53 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Still feel absolutely deflated this morning after that trip. Was going to drive Maidenhead (due to the strikes), no chance now. 

I was driving home and said to my lads that will be the worst it's ever been and in a few years we'll laugh at the time we went to Bromley and lost 0-3.

All aboard for Maidenhead...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was driving home and said to my lads that will be the worst it's ever been and in a few years we'll laugh at the time we went to Bromley and lost 0-3.

All aboard for Maidenhead...

Next game is Scunthorpe home for me, win that and I’m sure I’ll be driving down to Maidenhead 😂 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We have to address the away form big time…2 points from a possible 15 and only 1 goal is dreadful. When was the last time we had a + goal difference?Lose the next two home games and we’ll be right in the shit!!

As someone said, we have a hard game in Wrexham then the following 5 fixtures are all teams below us. 

21 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Blimey, that's a lot of hate.

I'll take Unsworth's "we all owe him a great debt" opinion instead and move on.

Sorry if it comes across as hate-that is far too strong a word-it is only football after all.

Just ticks me off that he is presented as God's gift to football and Latics. Enough on the subject.

35 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Sorry if it comes across as hate-that is far too strong a word-it is only football after all.

Just ticks me off that he is presented as God's gift to football and Latics. Enough on the subject.

I never would but I dare you to mention the fact he played a part in our last two relegations...

On 9/25/2022 at 4:04 PM, wiseowl said:

In my view, we should have allowed Sheridan to do that (I know others disagree and that's fine).

On 9/25/2022 at 8:16 PM, whittles left foot said:

Never thought I would see the day when i agreed with @wiseowl and that day has still not arrived.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived