MATCH: vs Bromley (A) 24/09/22

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bromley have made a good start to the season and currently sit seventh in the table. They have a 4G home pitch - that has to give them an advantage. 
We have had an average start and lie in fourteenth place. Balanced against that is the potential ‘new manager’ effect. 

However, the new boss has had four days to work with the current squad. We are still missing several key players through injury - namely Hogan, Angol, Sutton, Hope. Porter and Maynard also.

Add to that the two youngsters in Vaughan and Okagbue away on International duty 

Unsworth spoke of tweaking one or two things and demanding a greater work ethic from the players.

I am intrigued to see his first starting eleven but I still expect a tough game. 😮

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Bromley have made a good start to the season and currently sit seventh in the table. They have a 4G home pitch - that has to give them an advantage. 
We have had an average start and lie in fourteenth place. Balanced against that is the potential ‘new manager’ effect. 

However, the new boss has had four days to work with the current squad. We are still missing several key players through injury - namely Hogan, Angol, Sutton, Hope. Porter and Maynard also.

Add to that the two youngsters in Vaughan and Okagbue away on International duty 

Unsworth spoke of tweaking one or two things and demanding a greater work ethic from the players.

I am intrigued to see his first starting eleven but I still expect a tough game. 😮

I'm being picky (I know it will surprise you) but he's only had three days. Queen's funeral Monday and travelling today...

I'm not really expecting anything at Bromley, with the cast of injured and missing players. Unsworth would have to be a bloody miracle worker to change this set of players with just a few days training and I believe it will be a few games yet before we witness any kind of adaptation, plus the pure speculation there are some new players incoming. I'm guessing he will put Leutwiler between the sticks. Reserved as I sound, I am happy with what may be a new beginning to the playing side and yet another cog into the building of the club/team infrastructure.

Wishing the lads and travelling fans a happy and successful day.

59 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I expect a galvanised display, and probably a draw. 

It’s a lot to ask to make the required impact in only 3 days with an unfamiliar squad.

What we should definitely expect however is 100% commitment from each and every one of them, I’ve no idea whether that will be enough to get some sort of a result.

We shall find out soon enough!!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What we should definitely expect however is 100% commitment from each and every one of them,

Which is more than we’ve had in a lot of games. I’m not overly fussed about the result, but I do want a competitive performance- one where the oppo don’t look like scoring every time they have the ball would be a start. 

Not expecting much here. Same goes for the Wrexham game. It's going to take a little time for Unsworth to see what our players are all about, if they fit into his plans, and if they're not good enough. I've got patience, as there seems to be some form of direction now. Keep the faith. 💙🦉👍🏻

6 hours ago, Wardie said:

I'm not really expecting anything at Bromley, with the cast of injured and missing players. Unsworth would have to be a bloody miracle worker to change this set of players with just a few days training and I believe it will be a few games yet before we witness any kind of adaptation, plus the pure speculation there are some new players incoming. I'm guessing he will put Leutwiler between the sticks. Reserved as I sound, I am happy with what may be a new beginning to the playing side and yet another cog into the building of the club/team infrastructure.

Wishing the lads and travelling fans a happy and successful day.

Hope they do well since I don't want another long trek back like Southend and at least make a game of it .Same with Woking.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I just hope we never play that dreadful 3-4-3 ever again. Watching England playing it (again) and it's abysmal.

We surely can’t be as bad as England!

Having seen us at Woking I am expecting a comfortable defeat, this squad is garbage and Unsworth is a coach, not a wizard

Archived