Signing & Player Rumours

8 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Liquidating the club would actually have helped Blitz to finish off the asset stripping. It wasn't in their interest to see the club go under and we had sold more than 1k season tickets so that's not true either. Remember they kept the club going through Covid with no gates at all and i know there was some grants but it wasn't much, think it totalled about £500k

I agree with some things you say, and even though I don’t agree with some of what you say I don’t take offence to your contribution. 

But why do you persistently try and defend the previous ownership ?

They literally tried to kill our club, slowly but surely. We suffered 2 relegations in 4 years. People gave them time and they failed every single opportunity they were given. Baffles me. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I agree with some things you say, and even though I don’t agree with some of what you say I don’t take offence to your contribution. 

But why do you persistently try and defend the previous ownership ?

They literally tried to kill our club, slowly but surely. We suffered 2 relegations in 4 years. People gave them time and they failed every single opportunity they were given. Baffles me. 

They didn't try to kill the club, and i'm only defending the nonesense that we were days from going under. It's bollox that.

18 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Liquidating the club would actually have helped Blitz to finish off the asset stripping. It wasn't in their interest to see the club go under and we had sold more than 1k season tickets so that's not true either. Remember they kept the club going through Covid with no gates at all and i know there was some grants but it wasn't much, think it totalled about £500k

Steady on Mike. They made the club a laughing stock during the covid pandemic by starting a war with 8 or 9 senior professionals...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Steady on Mike. They made the club a laughing stock during the covid pandemic by starting a war with 8 or 9 senior professionals...

I know that but one person still had to fund playing the whole season behind closed doors and 4 months of the previous season with little funding. Plus, we actually had a pretty decent strikeforce that wasn't the cheapest albeit we did have the worst defence ever (until this season that is)

18 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I know that but one person still had to fund playing the whole season behind closed doors and 4 months of the previous season with little funding. Plus, we actually had a pretty decent strikeforce that wasn't the cheapest albeit we did have the worst defence ever (until this season that is)

Speaking of which, how did they pay for Danny Rowe...?

16 minutes ago, PeteG said:

How many football clubs went under due to Covid? Every other owner managed to keep their clubs going but they did so without pissing off a load of players and fans.  Not many other owners took on the EFL loans, nor didn't pay them off thus hamstringing their managers by not enabling them to build relegation-saving squads.

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Is he still organising the clubs travel and if so do they know he's slagging off the current regime on this message board.

34 minutes ago, PeteG said:

They didn't try to kill the club, and i'm only defending the nonesense that we were days from going under. It's bollox that.

Did they not ? When they made the statement they wanted to sell, they said they would invest to keep us up in the short term. Did they invest ? They fractured the whole fan base within 4 years. The game against Salford got stopped after 70mins. Previous players had nothing but bad words to say about them. Other clubs were hesitant to do business with us. They made us into the joke of a football club and ruined our reputation. That is classed as killing it to me. You are delusional Barry 

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

The major problem to me was Mo and the way AL stuck by him when he wasn't up to the job 

Managers came and went and took the flak, but he always remained.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

They might not have intentionally tried to kill the club but they were doing a bloody good job of slowly squeezing the life out of it. Although I do agree that the narrative of being days from liquidation is nonsense...

AL's & co may have came to the club with good intentions, what they achieved was an absolute train wreck that ruined everything we were as a club.

The clubs reputation was in tatters, the club fell out of the league, we went through upteen managers, treated some players and managers very badly, had Mo running the shit show and finally lost faith of the majority of fans who had an ounce of sense.

How anyone can possibly offer any defence to these people baffles me still.

I read so many people slating the current regime, people trying to pick holes in anything good that they are trying to do, and why, probs because some are that deluded to think we should be up top of the league so soon into our new ownership and all the best players should be signed up asap.

Very rarely happens so quickly so why on earth will it happen here.

To me this money from the prem added to the EFL money, any tv monies, sponsorship etc kept us going in covid. Plus the EFL loan. I don't buy any idea that the owners put more than a few quid in once we went down to league two. I can fully imagine we were close to death given the drop in income. No way those helmets were going to shell outScreenshot_20221001-111602_Drive.jpg.cf16fb9c70aee28359d10a1ca786fd70.jpg

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

You are forgetting furlough. 

I remember talking to the CEO at the time and being told the club finances were better after the Covid spell then they had been before, because of furloughing.  

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You are forgetting furlough. 

I remember talking to the CEO at the time and being told the club finances were better after the Covid spell then they had been before, because of furloughing.  

I nearly typed this but couldn't find any evidence to back it up. I'm sure I remember her saying it though...

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

So Pete, are you arguing that with the small home gates the club was showing prior to Shez, and without any finance from AL that the books were being balanced?  I would suggests THAT is bollox.  Lots of clubs are loss making, but the owners will make up the difference. The club were hence within a short time of going under. One more decision from AL to refuse the pay up.

Archived