No point being cryptic. The names I heard were:

- Cooper

- Stobbs

- Vaughan

- Luamba

- Windass

- Leutwiler

Might be wrong but seems legitimate...

I'd be slightly disappointed about Luamba. Not because I've seen much to suggest he'd be decent, just hoped he would. Would wish him well.

Vaughan... Still think he'll play league football. Hope he'd go out on loan and get game time.

The rest can get fucked.

I'm surprised Burgess and Angol aren't on that list, expected to see them both feature in the B team game. I suppose they might have been carrying knocks.

Seems clear that Cooper and Stobbs have fallen out of favour. Stobbs has hardly featured under Unsworth and Cooper seems to have fallen out of favour.

Also noticable that Luamba hasn't been on the bench in recent games despite a dearth of attacking options.

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

No point being cryptic. The names I heard were:

- Cooper

- Stobbs

- Vaughan

- Luamba

- Windass

- Leutwiler

Might be wrong but seems legitimate...

I'd move quite a few on to make room for James Berry of Macclesfield.

27 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm surprised Burgess and Angol aren't on that list, expected to see them both feature in the B team game. I suppose they might have been carrying knocks.

Seems clear that Cooper and Stobbs have fallen out of favour. Stobbs has hardly featured under Unsworth and Cooper seems to have fallen out of favour.

Also noticable that Luamba hasn't been on the bench in recent games despite a dearth of attacking options.

Yes I've seen Burgess and Angol in the gym with Rathbone so both been injured.

Luamba is still only 19 and is very quick but seems leaner than when he first featured and needs to fill out a bit. Would benefit from games out on loan and some gym work ala Edmundson as well as working with Jeffers 1 to 1.

Let’s face it - we have far too many in the squad who will not get much, if any, game time going forward.

Many of the loanees (SIX) should go/have gone back to their parent clubs - I believe that Roberts, Carragher and now Threlkeld are injured plus Carty, McGlynn and Wellens who have already gone. 

Notable exceptions are Clarke, Peck, Chapman and Abraham and possibly Okagbue. I would have Carragher back if he recovers sufficiently from his injury.

Players to go out on loan etc (SIX) are:

Cooper, Stobbs, Vaughan, Luamba, Windass & Leutwiler.

Players to move on are Clark and Angol.

Then there’s the injury prone Porter, McGahey and Fondop (yes Fondop) - that’s FIVE.

So… 6+6+5 = 17.

Then get to work on getting the best out of Burgess and Rooney… oh and try winning a game or two 👍

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Different type of centre back.

Agreed. Tarky had far more passing ability than Sutton who is more of a "stopper" centre half but was pretty slow on the turn and pace wise but has made up for that as his career has progressed.

A lot of the times when he brought the ball out of defence, he mis-controlled and ended up fouling to avoid having to turn and chase back.

Sutton has a lot less natural talent than James had but could develop into a decent lower league stopper.

18 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Carragher and Carty have already gone I would imagine Roberts has gone too. I wonder what we will do about McGahey and Sutton we are well stocked for centre backs.

Sutton we will love and cherish or we might aswell fold the fuckin club. his second stint at the first team was highly promising..

9 hours ago, Lags said:

I'll stick my neck on the line,  he'll not make it above non league.  Which of course we are

We shall see, in my opinion in a few years time he will command a substantial transfer fee.

9 hours ago, Lags said:

I'll stick my neck on the line,  he'll not make it above non league.  Which of course we are

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We shall see, in my opinion in a few years time he will command a substantial transfer fee.

fwiw -  I reckon he could make it at league 2 but not convinced he will go any higher. 

Archived