Signing & Player Rumours

4 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

He’s obsessed with 4-3-3 so throwing 3 strikers together to see which can gel immediately.  Everyone knows it’s not the strikers but midfield.

OK he could be lining up midfielders in January but we need a stopgap now. Some big bastard who can break up play and at least string a pass.  Maynard can do neither - he’s a lower league centre half.  When he come on he just kicked the ball forward, anywhere and mostly to their players so we were on the back foot again.  Lost count the amount of time he had the ball and didn’t even look - just hoofed it away or quick pass to anyone.

'Maynard is shit he just sometimes wins the ball and then boots it straight up in the air' is the most accurate heads up of an unknown player l have ever seen on here.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost like this rumour on the 2 strikers being close to signing was leaked to the Oldham Times within hours of yesterdays defeat was a smokescreen for DU inept record. Also, Nuttall turned down "an amazing offer" only weeks ago and big Dave only wants players who really want to come here and play for the badge, not money. It's like someone has hit the panic button.

35 minutes ago, south east latic said:

It’s an approach you might expect from non football people. With the Royle’s in charge, it’s really bizarre.

I don't really know anything about Darren, certainly not his CV but where is the evidence he's a footballing man? Other than Wigan which other professional football clubs has he worked for and in what capacity, i genuinely don't know. The roles at both Wigan and Oldham seemed to have been secured on the back of bringing the new owners to the table in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

age, calibre, price, attitude and goal return probably

Ive just looked and it’s 9 in 16, better than I thought. I think the fact hes playing for the only club lower than us in the league has clouded my opinion of him and there likely won’t be any winning mentality from him at present. Apparently we are “confident” of both him and Willoughby from Chester 

29 minutes ago, PeteG said:

It's almost like this rumour on the 2 strikers being close to signing was leaked to the Oldham Times within hours of yesterdays defeat was a smokescreen for DU inept record. Also, Nuttall turned down "an amazing offer" only weeks ago and big Dave only wants players who really want to come here and play for the badge, not money. It's like someone has hit the panic button.

To be honest, if I were looking to bury bad news I'd be coming with higher profile names than those two...

19 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Ive just looked and it’s 9 in 16, better than I thought. I think the fact hes playing for the only club lower than us in the league has clouded my opinion of him and there likely won’t be any winning mentality from him at present. Apparently we are “confident” of both him and Willoughby from Chester 

think Willoughby has been knocked back. chester seem quite forward thinking and probably intend to try and hold onto him, especially given their current league position.

are scunthorpe still in financial difficulty do you (or anybody) know?

Just now, Monty Burns said:

think Willoughby has been knocked back. chester seem quite forward thinking and probably intend to try and hold onto him, especially given their current league position.

are scunthorpe still in financial difficulty do you (or anybody) know?

They're being taken over aren't they...?

I think there’s a takeover in the offing with Scunthorpe. 
Just with the Oldham Times saying Latics are confident of landing both of them but I’d be very surprised if we did. In any case he’d still probably only play one up front 

47 minutes ago, True Tic said:

What’s the obsession with Joe Nuttall I wonder, just seen Suzanne Geldard report about us being hopeful of signing him again 

43 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

age, calibre, price, attitude and goal return probably

yeah… but apart from those five things, what’s the obsession?

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

yeah… but apart from those five things, what’s the obsession?

😂, I looked at his goals tally after posting , it’s very good. But his current confidence and frame of mind playing for the only club below us? Who knows. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

'Maynard is shit he just sometimes wins the ball and then boots it straight up in the air' is the most accurate heads up of an unknown player l have ever seen on here.

That was me. Watched him when he was playing for Salford a few times in this league. Me and my mate always use to laugh at how bad he was. 

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

That was me. Watched him when he was playing for Salford a few times in this league. Me and my mate always use to laugh at how bad he was. 

Another one of Shez’s selections I believe?

We've a squad littered with shite players and lads who physically cannot play anymore. Why are we moaning/shocked that the Royles and the manager have seen this and want to get better players? Quality strikers are a must and in a week we may have more than one. Fondop, Luamba and Porter are not the answer for different reasons unfortunately. 

We are falling in to one of the age old reasons for our failures, buying 8 players to do one mans job, probably spending 10k+ a week on strikers when we could have two very decent ones with a back up, it's all irrelevant in any case because we could have Haaland up front and Unsworth would play him as a CDM and isolated up front, we sit so deep with nobody to link up play it's gone past embarrassing, didn't go yesterday but second half I honestly had to look who we had in midfield because Chapman was never mentioned and Peck occasionally, you honestly wouldn't of known they were playing, now that can't be right?.

We dont have any strikers othe than Reid that have scored anywhere near 20 goals a season . With the exception of Porter who is out  and more than likely will never play for us again. Abrahams is on loan, Luamba needs to go on loan. And it appears Fondop as big and strong  as he is cant handle two games a week . Or stay fit for one game and has never been prolific . 

So I can see why signing further forward additions is part of the rebuilding plan .  Yes the squad is bloated with players who should not be here , I expect quite a few to be gone by whatever means in January .Hopefully Rooney scoring yesterday will kick start him and we can play him in his best position . We still have work to do in midfield and need another quality addition or two depending on what is happening with the the loan players in that area. 

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

Rooney didn't even score yesterday. It was clearly Clarke.

You better get on the phone to the National League then as they have officially marked it down to Rooney. 

5 hours ago, PeteG said:

I don't really know anything about Darren, certainly not his CV but where is the evidence he's a footballing man? Other than Wigan which other professional football clubs has he worked for and in what capacity, i genuinely don't know. The roles at both Wigan and Oldham seemed to have been secured on the back of bringing the new owners to the table in the first place.

You again...

Archived