Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Thinking Reid and Nuttall could be a good partnership , Nuttall is a nasty no 9 with an eye for goal .Both players are capable of scoring 20 goals a season lets hope they click.

Unsworth has to play them up front together, something which seems an alien concept to him, so far.

33 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Unsworth has to play them up front together, something which seems an alien concept to him, so far.

Definitely, if he doesn’t we will just have another fondop type player left alone upfront feeding off scraps. We also still need a midfielder 

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Why are people obsessed with Osmane Fane. The lad can’t pass a football, he’s shit. 

I’ll say it again for those that didn’t go under Wellens. Wellens reinstated Fane in the team and we then went on to play some of our best football in years (all be it short lived) because he was fantastic at winning the ball back and giving it to far better footballers like Jack Byrne. He’s a limited footballer but to suggest he’s shit tells me you didn’t see that spell or don’t know anything about football.

Or both.

9 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Why are people obsessed with Osmane Fane. The lad can’t pass a football, he’s shit. 

I presume you haven’t seen him play since his spell here? 
Incidentally a spell where he could carry the ball the length of the pitch, no-one in this team can do that. 
His touch and ability on the ball have greatly improved. 

He would never come back here anyway but his style of play allowed Byrne and a younger fit Gardner to concentrate on their attacking game.

Something that would get the best out of the likes of John Rooney and Harry Vaughan

the extent of my available CDM knowlege is somewhere around zero, so lm trusting Unsworth has some january plan. l also dont like backward lookin but for surely for less than £2500pw we could have had two of Lyden, Fane and Missile tiding us over until secret super midfielder announcement day.

even after that Fane or Missile would be available every week and running thru people for you.

10 hours ago, welshgaz said:

I’ll say it again for those that didn’t go under Wellens. Wellens reinstated Fane in the team and we then went on to play some of our best football in years (all be it short lived) because he was fantastic at winning the ball back and giving it to far better footballers like Jack Byrne. He’s a limited footballer but to suggest he’s shit tells me you didn’t see that spell or don’t know anything about football.

Or both.

2 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I presume you haven’t seen him play since his spell here? 
Incidentally a spell where he could carry the ball the length of the pitch, no-one in this team can do that. 
His touch and ability on the ball have greatly improved. 

He would never come back here anyway but his style of play allowed Byrne and a younger fit Gardner to concentrate on their attacking game.

Something that would get the best out of the likes of John Rooney and Harry Vaughan

Opinions I suppose, yes I did watch him. He’s one of them players that fans cheers because he wins the ball back as a result of either being unable to control a football or a wayward pass. I’ve watched a lot of football, I’ve watched Fane play a lot. I just like my midfield players to be able to control a football. Think McCann for example, he’s not known for running around a lot, but he controls the midfield. He doesn’t need to run around a lot because he’s intelligent and can play. 
Fane might have improved, but I can only judge from when he was here and he’s not what we need right now. We need to be controlling games, Fane in midfield is accepting we won’t have the ball. 

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Opinions I suppose, yes I did watch him. He’s one of them players that fans cheers because he wins the ball back as a result of either being unable to control a football or a wayward pass. I’ve watched a lot of football, I’ve watched Fane play a lot. I just like my midfield players to be able to control a football. Think McCann for example, he’s not known for running around a lot, but he controls the midfield. He doesn’t need to run around a lot because he’s intelligent and can play. 
Fane might have improved, but I can only judge from when he was here and he’s not what we need right now. We need to be controlling games, Fane in midfield is accepting we won’t have the ball. 

yes McCann is also available think he is about the combined age of Clarke and Hogan but l'll run over a telegram myself if we cant make contact with him by any of the normal means..

27 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yes McCann is also available think he is about the combined age of Clarke and Hogan but l'll run over a telegram myself if we cant make contact with him by any of the normal means..

Haha I don’t want McCann back, just using him as an alternative type of player to Fane. Which is my preference in the CDM role. 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I appreciate what you’re saying.

Also, don’t get me wrong I’d rather have two Liam Kelly and Korey Smith type players in there but that’s never going to happen.

At Chester away we had 3 players (whose strengths lie in being on the ball) Gardner, Cooper and Rooney in the middle against Chester’s midfield two which consisted of Declan Weeks who is 5ft 5 (and actually a decent player) and Kevin Roberts who is 33 and fairly immobile and we couldn’t control the game nor retain possession 

This squad needs a Fane type more than it does a McCann in my opinion because of the failings elsewhere. We need dynamism and aggression and that type of player brings it. 

Archived