MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (H) 04/10/22

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Who does he bring in though? 

This is a vicious circle at the moment of increasing training hours, which will have an affect until fitness levels increase, waiting for injured players to return which reduce the playing options and the players not fucking listening to the coach, which reduces the prospect of a positive outcome.

I like Unsworth, I think he will be a good long-term manager and the coaching set-up appears to be pretty good for this level of football. All we need now are the players to go with it. Sadly, we have an overshadowing legacy of the previous owners, manager and player morale which going to take a lot of effort and time to shift. Oh, and probably some money, too.

There's a young lad called Harry Vaughan, similar player in stature and style of play to Scunthorpe's  Rob Asper who caused us no end of problems. Does anyone know why managers are reluctant to play him?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Stobbs should never ever play for us again now. That pass for the second goal is beyond a joke. Should be dropped for life and be a brick layer or whatever he wants to do outside of football. 

I'm probably in a minority but I thought the Stoke defender was more culpable for that goal than Stobbs. And don't even get me started on that pissing goalkeeper...

33 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm probably in a minority but I thought the Stoke defender was more culpable for that goal than Stobbs. And don't even get me started on that pissing goalkeeper...

Getting beyond a joke now with him, there's a perfectly competent goalkeeper sat on the bench, either use him or come to an agreement and release.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Minority of one 🤣. Agree about the keeper though.

Make that two @yarddog73 agrees!

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Getting beyond a joke now with him, there's a perfectly competent goalkeeper sat on the bench, either use him or come to an agreement and release.

He was shit when he played for us Rob, has he suddenly improved for the change of manager?, granted they are both pretty poor but I'm not having it that the keeper was at fault for anything last night, Sheron the first - Okagbue the second, saying that I suspect you probably didn't even attend.

I know it's something yourself and Patrick have been pushing for sometime but our problems really don't start or end with the goalkeeper even though both will likely be gone come the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He was shit when he played for us Rob, has he suddenly improved for the change of manager?, granted they are both pretty poor but I'm not having it that the keeper was at fault for anything last night, Sheron the first - Okagbue the second, saying that I suspect you probably didn't even attend.

I know it's something yourself and Patrick have been pushing for sometime but our problems really don't start or end with the goalkeeper even though both will likely be gone come the end of the season.

It's a law amongst our fan base that players become better the longer they don't play 

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

People say that the keeper issue isn't our biggest problem but I completely disagree. We are letting soft goals in every single game and quite a lot of them should be saved by the goalkeeper...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not for me. It's just that Magnus Norman becomes worse every time he does play...

He's better than the other fella.  Certainly not our biggest problem. 

The second goal last night was pure comedy gold

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

My fag paper maths tell me we've kept 3 clean sheets in the last 30 games or so, Looters kept 8/9 over a similar timeframe...

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

The second goal last night was pure comedy gold

Started by a shite pass from Jacko.

The first, the ball bobbled up over Sheron's foot. Maybe he was being a bit lazy/distracted ?

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

People say that the keeper issue isn't our biggest problem but I completely disagree. We are letting soft goals in every single game and quite a lot of them should be saved by the goalkeeper...

Nah we give the ball away in key areas, Leutwiler saves neither of those last night it is basic defensive errors killing us seasoned players like Clarke and dare I say it Gardner have been at it all season, mistakes happen but ours are schoolboy, we don't just give the ball away we provide gifts which are invariably put away, if you actually analysed our goals conceded how many of them were keeper errors? I'm happy for you to point me towards them, this notion that changing the man between the sticks will suddenly see the defence improve is almost laughable, you can't legislate for errors like those last night they were embarrassing, if we'd of had Pickford in goal he couldn't of kept them out with what he'd have in front of him. 

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

My fag paper maths tell me we've kept 3 clean sheets in the last 30 games or so, Looters kept 8/9 over a similar timeframe...

And let 54 goals in in 28 games.... or 54 in 20 if you take away the clean sheets.

Statistics eh.

Nearly 2 a game and he's the answer?, think you've forgotten just how shit he was for us.

Now I'm not claiming Norman is the answer but personally I feel he is more solid particularly dealing with crosees and throw ins which seem to be the preferred tactic of National League teams, Norman for me doesn't deserve singling out but that's just my opinion, there would be at least half a dozen I'd be more interested in replacing before him from last night, it's easy to blame the keeper when a teams not performing I honestly don't think he is anywhere near our biggest problem and actually feel won us some points earlier in the season.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And let 54 goals in in 28 games.... or 54 in 20 if you take away the clean sheets.

Statistics eh.

Nearly 2 a game and he's the answer?, think you've forgotten just how shit he was for us.

Now I'm not claiming Norman is the answer but personally I feel he is more solid particularly dealing with crosees and throw ins which seem to be the preferred tactic of National League teams, Norman for me doesn't deserve singling out but that's just my opinion, there would be at least half a dozen I'd be more interested in replacing before him from last night, it's easy to blame the keeper when a teams not performing I honestly don't think he is anywhere near our biggest problem and actually feel won us some points earlier in the season.

And if you take out a couple of freak scorelines then his record looks different again.

Unpopular opinion but we might even have stayed up if he'd played instead of dud Rogers...

31 minutes ago, redlion said:

The first, the ball bobbled up over Sheron's foot. Maybe he was being a bit lazy/distracted ?

That's exactly how I saw it as well.

Both daft goals to give away which is getting a habit and that's why I feel opponent's  forwards are up front waiting to pounce knowing the poor passing is bound to pay dividends 

1 hour ago, redlion said:

I saw the same with the first, I thought Sheron was pretty unlucky with it.

Their 2nd goal was calamitous defending.

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

That's bollocks - Benacheur would have just relegated us sooner

That's just nonsense, Benachour with the backing of the Lemsagams would have us at the top of League Two (maybe even League One) if Sheridan didn't single-handedly take us down.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That's just nonsense, Benachour with the backing of the Lemsagams would have us at the top of League Two (maybe even League One) if Sheridan didn't single-handedly take us down.

I very, very nearly bit there

Fair play my friend 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

FTFY Robert...

Weirdly I think you have a point but I’m also of the view that if we’d appointed Sheridan earlier we would have had a better chance of staying up.

A Shez team doesn’t get thumped at Harrogate and doesn’t play for a 0-0 draw against both Hartlepool and Barrow. 

Not sure where the turning point is, think possibly around Carlisle at home. As I don’t think Selim wins at Scunny, probably another 0-0.

Archived