MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (H) 04/10/22

Just now, GKing521 said:

Well at least we managed to salvage a point against the mighty Scunthorpe but these are games we need to be winning.

Individual errors have cost us for so many years and if it carries on we won't achieve anything. 

We need to get rid of half the squad but we’ve known that for a while…we’ll get there!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

To the guys who were there tonight……would Nuttall be an upgrade?

Yes, held the ball well and some neat lay offs. Their number 25 showed what we could have if we played Harry Vaughan. 

Bugess at least ran at them.

Despite his pen Tollitt was weak 

Yeah, we arnt going on this run after our amazing loss against Wrexham. Roberts, Cooper, Stobbs, Fondop, Luamba, Rooney all shite. 

Stobbs and Cooper should never play for us again honestly. Fondop and Rooney both to lazy to play up top together. We are in a relegation scrap yet again. People got deluded with our performance against a bumper crowd. Luamba running out of chances, makes no impact at all ever. 

Burgess turned the game for us to scrape a point. 

Stop playing 5 at the fucking back. When one of your wing backs is Clarke who is yet to offer any attacking outlet since he’s been at the club, it’s all fucking predictable. Unsworth is to blame for that first half performance, except for the mistakes obviously. Set up completely wrong. 

Fed up of us being shite! 

Stobbs and Roberts had quite poor games. Clarke didn't offer anything going forward when playing a wing back role. Mistakes (again)

But the positives are Unsworth saw it and went to plan B switching to 4231 and playing Sheron in midfield (the position we signed him as), and then changing again to 442 to rescue a point from a game we should have lost after the first half.

Unsworth also dropped Rooney into midfield because he was the only one wanting the ball and we started to play on the front foot then

1 minute ago, St92 said:

Stobbs and Roberts had quite poor games. Clarke didn't offer anything going forward when playing a wing back role. Mistakes (again)

But the positives are Unsworth saw it and went to plan B switching to 4231 and playing Sheron in midfield (the position we signed him as), and then changing again to 442 to rescue a point from a game we should have lost after the first half.

Unsworth also dropped Rooney into midfield because he was the only one wanting the ball and we started to play on the front foot then

If anyone heard a shout to Unsworth at the end of the first half to change the formation put Sheron in midfield and bring a forward on it was me, only I'd have done it soon after we scored as we just sat back and gave them the initiative.

No matter if its not trendy he must use a 442 with the players at his disposal.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If anyone heard a shout to Unsworth at the end of the first half to change the formation put Sheron in midfield and bring a forward on it was me, only I'd have done it soon after we scored as we just sat back and gave them the initiative.

No matter if its not trendy he must use a 442 with the players at his disposal.

Shernon has to play in the middle for me over Cooper. Issue is it leaves two kids at centre back with about 10 professional games between them. 

Cooper is that shit I’d take the risk 

Didn't rate Nuttall.

Both goals were out of the Father Christmas  early gifts.

No wonder he sent them out on the pitch early.

Yet another poor defensive show and we need better up front.Should have tapped in for a third but  wasted chance.

6 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Didn't rate Nuttall.

Both goals were out of the Father Christmas  early gifts.

No wonder he sent them out on the pitch early.

Yet another poor defensive show and we need better up front.Should have tapped in for a third but  wasted chance.

Is he better than what we have got?

The answer is yes.

Two awful sides. Two awful mistakes from us. Was it a penalty? Looked a bit theatrical to me. There's no way this team are good to enough to dominate a match for a full 90 minutes. I just can't see us being the better side for a majority of a game. I don't know how Vaughan isn't getting into the squad. I can't get my head around it. We really needed a win tonight, to inject a bit of positivity into the atmosphere at Boundary Park. I can't say I'm thrilled with a point, but at least we didn't lose. Athleticos good again tonight. It's very hard to generate an atmosphere when the team is so frustrating and poor. I heard Scunthorpe fans a couple of times, but thought they were quiet. 

Archived