MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (H) 04/10/22

An absolute shambles of a performance after we scored the opening goal.

Mistakes all over the park. Little lad in midfield for Iron going off helped us. Oldham pen was never ever a penalty but it was given and well taken by Tollitt.

The keeper is still shite. Roberts has got worse every game since he signed, Luamba needs sending to Farsley Celtic for three months and Cooper's contract needs ripping up. I still like Carragher though.

Nuttall is a massive upgrade on Fondop. Unsworth has a massive job on his hands and these bottle jobs are getting nowhere near the playoffs unless the former Everton man is a genius. 

Roll on Maidenhead...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Vaughan doesn't show enough in training?

It's wierd isn't it that all our managers (however shit some have been) over the past year or so just don't fancy him to do a job for us.

Something's not right somewhere. 

Be great if the boss came out and said why he hasn't picked him and what he has to do differently to get some game time.

When Gardiner and Maynard are fit he will fall further down the pecking order I would guess?

Maybe the FA cup tie is one to give him a start to see what he can do.

What the fuck was that?? Shape of team was wrong. Players all over the park are not good enough. How many times was a simple pass fucked up? We somehow scored twice and the less said about the goals we handed to Scunthorpe the better. If any of the players or management are reading this…….ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, SORT IT OUT BEFORE WE ARE TRUELY IN A RELEGATION SCRAP

4 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

What the fuck was that?? Shape of team was wrong. Players all over the park are not good enough. How many times was a simple pass fucked up? We somehow scored twice and the less said about the goals we handed to Scunthorpe the better. If any of the players or management are reading this…….ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, SORT IT OUT BEFORE WE ARE TRUELY IN A RELEGATION SCRAP

We are already in one. 

We looked cobbled together and nervous. Which is what we are. We need the 3/4 starters back from injury and then to be patient I’m afraid.

Nuttall would definitely be an improvement. Won the majority of his duels and gave Stoke lad a hard time for most of the game. 

The mood on the Twitter hashtag is beyond dour. Can't say I blame them. 

The last winning run we had was under Kewell, right? We had no fans in then... I feel players past and present just can't cope with the pressure of playing for a club with fans so desperate for success. 

Or... they're just shite.

Just now, GKing521 said:

The last winning run we had was under Kewell, right? We had no fans in then... I feel players past and present just can't cope with the pressure of playing for a club with fans so desperate for success. 

That would make sense if we didn't have a terrible home record under that useless div...

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

Not finished above 15th since 08. We are just shit, really shit. 

Couldn't make it tonight. Chose BBC Humberside over our own commentary.  Very differing opinions from them on how some of ours played, especially Cooper who they seemed impressed with. Shite result. Need a few back as people have mentioned and a few in. Need a decent winger and a Fane like CM

Good to hear DU state the performance as it was.

Didn't mention it was him who started the totally unsuited formation against an lower league side though.

Concerns me he might stick with this 7.2.1 tactic away from home to shut up shop and hope for a point.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Maybe Vaughan doesn't show enough in training?

It's wierd isn't it that all our managers (however shit some have been) over the past year or so just don't fancy him to do a job for us.

Something's not right somewhere. 

Be great if the boss came out and said why he hasn't picked him and what he has to do differently to get some game time.

When Gardiner and Maynard are fit he will fall further down the pecking order I would guess?

Maybe the FA cup tie is one to give him a start to see what he can do.

The same managers who think Stobbs deserves to start every week. No harm to the lad he shouldn’t be anywhere near a pro football club.  And there is about 4 other in the same boat who are absolutely stealing a living.

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Welcome to non-league.
ironically, Twitter is the fastest way to find out what the score is.

I think betting apps pip twitter, but that’s because they don’t provide the detail.*

We hadn’t taken the preceding corner according to the commentary when he betting app I was on said we had the penalty. 

* If you are at the game you can make (or perhaps more accurately not lose as much) money because even the betting apps aren’t instantaneous. Doing this is against ground regulations though and people have been chucked out of stadia for doing it. 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Stop playing 5 at the fucking back. When one of your wing backs is Clarke who is yet to offer any attacking outlet since he’s been at the club, it’s all fucking predictable. Unsworth is to blame for that first half performance, except for the mistakes obviously. Set up completely wrong. 

Fed up of us being shite! 

Stevenage away, but that was from right back, not right wing back. Clarke is not a wing back, I’d play at least 2 other players there ahead of him.

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good to hear DU state the performance as it was.

Didn't mention it was him who started the totally unsuited formation against an lower league side though.

Concerns me he might stick with this 7.2.1 tactic away from home to shut up shop and hope for a point.

As long as you keep correcting him and he acts accordingly, I can't see a problem

Archived