The #oafc Hashtag on Twitter

It's alcohol fuelled (away days) born out of years of frustration and usually with no kick back. I've never boo'ed the players but I've sure cursed and grumbled after many a game.

We seem to take great pride in saying we are the best fans going, time to step up.

The #tag rant at a player by an OASF official is ill judged at best and brings said organisation into disrepute. Either adhere to the responsibility or move on and be vocal agitator, you can't do both.  

Ironically, I went to the hashtag because I got bored of every thread on here taking 2 pages to descend into people arguing about stuff completley unrelated to what was originally posted. I don't know if a lot of people jumped off here to twitter but it doesn't seem as bad these days. 

I don't do twitter, but I've heard a bit of what's been going on and listened to the podcast just now. I've never really understood it when people hurl abuse at players either during or at the end of games. It can't do the players any good, in fact it has the opposite effect. It was the same last season though, and although Abdallah was the main target the players copped for it plenty of times, but there didn't seem to be so much condemnation of it then.

Personally, I just can't get my head round grown men shouting 'Boooo' at the top of their voices. I might do it at a pantomime with the grandkids, but it's football match for fucks sake. The players are shit, but they're not the Ugly Sisters or the Wicked Witch.

As for the patience thing, I can see both sides. The younger ones have never seen us do anything, probably not even finish in the top half of whatever shit division we are in. Then there's those who can just about remember the glory days but a bit too young to appreciate them, then the older ones (like me) who are worried that if we don't hurry up and achieve something then we won't be around to see it if we ever do.

I err on the side of patience, not because I particularly want to but I don't see any other choice.  The club has been that run down over so many years by a succession of bad owners and chairmen, that there's no way this is a quick fix. And it'll take a lot more than four games for Unsworth to turn this lot around.

The trouble us, too many people thought that all we had to do was get rid of Abdallah and the problems were over.

33 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

"The Trust", "OASF" or whatever guise it comes in has an enviable track record of being an absolute waste of time. This just re-inforces that. Do they still have their precious 3% shareholding? 

A bit harsh, many have given hours upon hours of their time trying to do good. 

I know I did (and money for admin) on playershare. Pity that ended the way it did,  but that doesn't alter my opening post.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

"The Trust", "OASF" or whatever guise it comes in has an enviable track record of being an absolute waste of time. This just re-inforces that. Do they still have their precious 3% shareholding? 

🥱

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

mate you chat some absolute steaming piles, but this one actually stinks 🙄

What happened? Not a lot in all honesty. There were hushed boo's at the end of the game for no more than 10-15 secs, myself included. For my part more due to frustration at the perceived acceptance of the team, that we were happy for a point as opposed to any anger (can't speak for others in attendance of course). I'm told something about heart and desire was said by the fan/s to the team in general and that Tollitt took exception to it. Out of my earshot exactly what was said tbh, but certainly nothing like the Harrogate aways of last season. When players came over the majority of the 400 'tics applauded them off. It has been whipped up on twitter to be much more than it was.

Perhaps a lesson to learn from the Bundesliga for the team to come over as a group, rather than in dribs and drabs. This way no individual appears to get any grief and the team gets the accolades or faces the disappointment together?

I love the OAFC hashtag. One of the most entertaining ones out there. Sadly there are some blerts with multiple accounts that say exactly the same thing on all of them that water it all down. 

I don't reckon you should @ players though.

A player having an account is a weird thing. I get the need for them to have one for Sponsorship opps etc. but players accounts tweeting 'Great 3 points today - Fans were class, We go again Tuesday' add nothing to the platform. 

12 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

I love the OAFC hashtag. One of the most entertaining ones out there. Sadly there are some blerts with multiple accounts that say exactly the same thing on all of them that water it all down. 

A player having an account is a weird thing. I get the need for them to have one for Sponsorship opps etc. but players accounts tweeting 'Great 3 points today - Fans were class, We go again Tuesday' add nothing to the platform. 

Goal ✅

Assist ✅

Fans were brilliant...

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

a lot of the time its not even the player. they hire somebody to make them money via it.

Archived