The #oafc Hashtag on Twitter

10 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

The amount of egos on this hashtag is absolutely unreal. Anyone else not have a Twitter account but have a read of this hashtag every now and then? Hurts my head and I'm pretty sure I end up losing brain cells.  Quite toxic on there tonight. 

I read it regularly, especially when someone puts 50p in Birkett, it's hilarious.

Twitter is pretty toxic across the board, it's an awful platform 

48 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I read it regularly, especially when someone puts 50p in Birkett, it's hilarious.

Twitter is pretty toxic across the board, it's an awful platform 

Some of the posts on here aren’t much better!

31 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Agreed, and I'm a culprit at times 

Me too :)

We arent winning games at the moment and we are losing and drawing to teams we have historically been above, fans are paying money getting up early to go to games at the other end of the country who start drinking at 7am and by 5pm getting angry and in some cases hysterical when we aren't seeing wins.

The question we need to ask ourselves right now is are the club doing the right things right now. I think they are that's why I believe that the results will change and as a result the fans will change because ultimately fans react to results.

1 hour ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Some of the posts on here aren’t much better!

I completely agree with that. However, I do think Twitter is significantly worse. I've signed up a couple of times just for the #oafc hashtag, but I've quickly deleted my account. It's just too much for me. 🤣

5 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I completely agree with that. However, I do think Twitter is significantly worse. I've signed up a couple of times just for the #oafc hashtag, but I've quickly deleted my account. It's just too much for me. 🤣

Sometimes, it is possible to spot members from here on Twitter. I've never had an account on there and never will, it's a toxic environment, although I think for every piece of shite spouted, there is a sensible comment to be had.

44 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's pretty rare I go on there, but there used to be a complete oddball who had about 5 or 6 different accounts on the go (one was the executioner I think).

Some proper weirdos on there. I went on yesterday to check how we were getting on and a couple of fans were offering each other out 🤦‍♂️

Hes still there mate, Mick Malpas i believe 

I see a certain Trust director has been reprimanded for his "views" recently which is probably the right thing to do. Their is having an opinion but if you are going to have a position of representing the trust who are a shareholder of the club then publicly and interms of things like social media you have to reign that in abit. Plus if you are on the trust and have access to the leadership you do have a direct channel to voice your views directly which most of us don't.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I see a certain Trust director has been reprimanded for his "views" recently which is probably the right thing to do. Their is having an opinion but if you are going to have a position of representing the trust who are a shareholder of the club then publicly and interms of things like social media you have to reign that in abit. Plus if you are on the trust and have access to the leadership you do have a direct channel to voice your views directly which most of us don't.

Can we not remove him somehow ? I doubt most people want him anywhere near OASF currently. 

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Can we not remove him somehow ? I doubt most people want him anywhere near OASF currently. 

I'd imagine they can quite easily it's kicking off on the hashtag and totally unnecessarily too imo. The usual type of people yelling "I'm not allowed my opinion" and "cancel culture" while simultaneously spouting their opinion online so people can see it.

The Trust have spent the last few years fighting for an owner thar will listen and that we can trust we now have that but it comes with a price. We can't expect the ear of the owner if one of the trusts directors are going to abuse the clubs employees at the match and on twitter.

57 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd imagine they can quite easily it's kicking off on the hashtag and totally unnecessarily too imo. The usual type of people yelling "I'm not allowed my opinion" and "cancel culture" while simultaneously spouting their opinion online so people can see it.

The Trust have spent the last few years fighting for an owner thar will listen and that we can trust we now have that but it comes with a price. We can't expect the ear of the owner if one of the trusts directors are going to abuse the clubs employees at the match and on twitter.

https://www.oasf.co.uk/post/directors-conduct

Looks like it’s under review. Nothing to review get rid of him before anymore damage is done. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

All directors are asked to sign a code of conduct and social media policy. Previously, even I got pulled on it twice in my tenure. Fine margins and all.

I don't remember previously a statement going out about any director complaints or suspensions though. 

Yes there is a complaints policy and there is an AGM at the end of the month too

Think "being a director" may have it too. Think this has Bern recently published as they ate looking for candidates to stand at AGM

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Completely agree,he tagged Tollit in a post so directly criticized him,complete and utter stupidity.

All gone a bit silly for me, distractions like this probably not what we need at the minute, not sure if being a Trust director you should give up your right to a view but can also see the damage it can do if you then need to build up a relationship with the club.

Problem that the protest groups and such have brought is that some think they speak for us all when it's probably not the case, some won't agree with half the shite that I post on here but I post my opinion on a forum where everyone is largely anonymous - contributing mainly to healthy debate but if you put yourself out there (and fair play to those who do) you have to think about the bigger picture and the consequences of your actions.

Not sure if Brad had a few slurps yesterday but that is never a good mix on the back end of a piss poor result, hopefully we can move on, he's a good lad with good intentions and at least he still has some passion in him even if it is a little missguided. It's nothing more than that for me, fair play to Tollitt though if you're gonna give it him don't get all offended if he gives you some back.

We all want the same thing dont we?.

33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's nothing more than that for me, fair play to Tollitt though if you're gonna give it him don't get all offended if he gives you some back.

Aye. 

If you’re inclined to shout at players, you can’t get precious when you get it back. Personally I don’t mind players giving it back- it shows a bit of character and is far more preferable than just walking off with your tail between your legs. 

I’d be the last person in the world to say I got on with Knowles, on more than one occasion we have had discussions about me following the team through the Al/Mo reign. Last season when it suited he was allowed to say or do what he wanted.

He was regularly used by the Trust to leak info or post updates on what was happening on various fan sites. He met with prospective new owners and was present when the news was announced we had been bought. The fans groups have got what they set out to do but now look like they are having a bit of problems with people speaking their mind. Maybe some of them don’t want to rock the boat now they have got their noses in Franks trough and Knowles isn’t the type they now want to speak for them. 
This happyclapper finds it all rather funny. 
Just my opinion 

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Problem that the protest groups and such have brought is that some think they speak for us all when it's probably not the case, some won't agree.

We all want the same thing dont we?.

Totally agree 

The membership voted brad k and matt d on the board of oasf because at the time they did represent the core values that the fans wanted and they wasn't afraid to put their heads above the parapet however now we've have successfully ousted the Lemsengam regime Brad k hasnt realise that approach was courses for horses where it appears matt d has.

Nobody is saying that once your a Director of the OASF that you shouldn't hold/voice your own opinions however you should be aware that your position does hold clout amongst the membership and you should act accordingly and digging out players on twitter isn't what you should be doing. 

Seen alot of stuff on twitter saying his a volunteer position and he's just a member of an organised fan group but in reality the oasf is alot more of that, they hold a 3% share of the club, they elect there directors, the are representatives of the fans and they are trustees of over £75'000 of fans money. 

I also think all of this stems from poor results on the pitch, I could be wrong but I don't think our problems are a quick fix that splashing the cash on players will rectify, we need to get out of the short term mentally and focus on the long term which I'm fairly confident the rothwell/royle regime is making the right steps in achieving.

Archived