B Team vs Macclesfield

The 'B' team is looking like a good move in the background of the first team. It's what the club, specifically the players on the fringes and returning from injury, have lacked for such a long time. The more they manage to set-up, the better because there really isn't any substitute for playing actual matches and it should prevent players from 'hiding' in training by being exposed to a scrutinising gaze. Also a good outlet for assessing trialists.

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I did mention that in a post ages ago that his big flaw is he needs to find more space off the ball.

that what they mean tho? 

one of my fave things about him is he doesn't need to look for the space bc of his close control and you can give him the ball even when he is marked.

l feel they have 'does not run about enough' issue with him.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

No, me neither. But he's not here to sit on the bench...

Watched him training today, showed up well in an  advanced role and his finishing was good.

Dan Gardner looked as though he's ready to play again.

15 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Leutweiler would net us some cash if he went to the world cup. Unlikely though.

Looking through the Canada squad - it appears that he is their 4th choice goalie. As every country has to take 3 goalies to the World Cup, it may only take an injury for him to be on the plane. 

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Watched him training today, showed up well in an  advanced role and his finishing was good.

Opposite to Rooney then, I think Rooney's days as a number 10 are over he just isn't fit enough or mobile enough for me.

I much preferred him when he dropped deeper in games and I think in a 4-1-3-2 he could really be effective in the three alongside Gardner and Vaughan, have Sheron in the holding role and let the three best players we have with the ball at their feet play off him.

Novel idea I know but it turns us from being hard to beat to looking like we want to have a go and score goals, I'm not arsed if we get dicked every now and then it happens in this League but I'm sick to death of watching us bore out games with one isolated striker and 5 at the back.

We need a striker to play alongside Fondop, once we have that we are a different team, Luamba probably needs to go somewhere like Radcliffe for a month or two to learn his trade.

Archived