Relegation Tracker

I think this week may be potentially interesting in terms of any incoming players. Let's face it, if Unsworth recruits players before the next game, it kind of buys him more time as new players need to gel etc. I want him gone, I have had enough, the disconnect between manager and fans is a gaping chasm and I know some will say "it's not his job" to have a relationship with the fans but in these days of high media scrutiny, he is a pivotal connection between fan and club.

I wish I could say with any confidence Latics will not be relegated, avoiding it would be extremely welcomed by myself, being asked to accept it as a successful outcome is an insult to me as a fan and I'm sure that also applies to 100% of the fanbase.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Time to fire this back up... if we don't have the bottle to see out a result against a relegation rival, then how on earth are we going to survive this run?

809e95496ea0df6a287b665d4bcbfb5b.png

This run of fixtures makes tonight look even worse. Now we have to go to Gateshead next week with pressure on, because we need a gap between us and the bottom 4 going into that run of games

24 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Time to fire this back up... if we don't have the bottle to see out a result against a relegation rival, then how on earth are we going to survive this run?

809e95496ea0df6a287b665d4bcbfb5b.png

Agreed, a disgraceful result tonight (especially the manner that it happened).  I actually don't doubt the ability in this squad to keep us up or even get to mid-table, but I don't trust the mentality of the players and I don't trust Unsworth's strategy.

That was the strongest proof so far that we'll be stuck in a relegation dogfight for the rest of the season.  It's appalling that it's come to that point with the investment that's been put in.

57 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Agreed, a disgraceful result tonight (especially the manner that it happened).  I actually don't doubt the ability in this squad to keep us up or even get to mid-table, but I don't trust the mentality of the players and I don't trust Unsworth's strategy.

That was the strongest proof so far that we'll be stuck in a relegation dogfight for the rest of the season.  It's appalling that it's come to that point with the investment that's been put in.

My view as well

7 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I am far, far from being a happy clapper or in any way in denial as to where we are as a club BUT feck me, we are scared of a run of games against the likes of…..Barnet, Solihull, Woking, Eastleigh, Boreham Wood, Wealdstone and Dagenham???!!!

?????????

Woking and Barnet are good teams who have already beaten us. Solihull, Boreham Wood and Wealdstone have also already beaten us. Dagenham and Eastleigh we have beaten but both sit >10 points above us.

So yeah, I don’t see why we’d expect to get much out of that run considering we can’t beat no-hopers like Halifax and Gateshead at home. 

This league is largely horrific but you’re in denial if you don’t think we’re one of the worst teams in it.

2 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Woking and Barnet are good teams who have already beaten us. Solihull, Boreham Wood and Wealdstone have also already beaten us. Dagenham and Eastleigh we have beaten but both sit >10 points above us.

So yeah, I don’t see why we’d expect to get much out of that run considering we can’t beat no-hopers like Halifax and Gateshead at home. 

This league is largely horrific but you’re in denial if you don’t think we’re one of the worst teams in it.

I’ve seen us enough times this season to know we are one of the weakest teams in the division but it still shocks me how we have so quickly adapted to being, once again, in our usual 17th-19th position regardless of what league we are in or who’s on the pitch

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I’ve seen us enough times this season to know we are one of the weakest teams in the division but it still shocks me how we have so quickly adapted to being, once again, in our usual 17th-19th position regardless of what league we are in or who’s on the pitch

I don’t disagree with that, but that is the reality once again

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Permanent losers. Nothing will ever change.

Archived