Relegation Tracker

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Remember that time when people thought it was a genuine possibility 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, last week after Gateshead. I though the run, if we can call it that, had well and truly crashed. 

Mercifully, I am wrong, again. But you can't blame me. This is Oldham...

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Thought we didn't need to use this again but here we are.
We're in serious danger of slipping through the trap door again.

Hoping to fuck that Southend win tonight. The spanking at Wrexham was not totally unexpected but the manner of the resistance was unacceptable. Play like that and the danger of relegation will loom large again.

45 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Thought we didn't need to use this again but here we are.

We're in serious danger of slipping through the trap door again.

Average points needed to survive over the last 8 years is 45.

In that time, the highest points relegated is 50.

47 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Hoping to fuck that Southend win tonight. The spanking at Wrexham was not totally unexpected but the manner of the resistance was unacceptable. Play like that and the danger of relegation will loom large again.

Yes, the manner of the defeat is the worst, but this result also shows we clearly aren’t anywhere near good enough with this squad. The last few games is relegation form and we need to pick up points this weekend and put this dead loss of a season to bed along with the management and hand the squad 

56 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

8 points clear. 5 of the 8 teams below us would have to overtake us. 

Stop panicking, we aren’t getting relegated. 

I think the BBC table may be wrong? Look at this https://www.google.com/search?q=national+league+table+22%2F23&oq=national+league+table&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j69i60j0i512l8.11618j1j4&client=tablet-android-lenovo-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&chrome_dse_attribution=1

We've played 40 and are 9 points clear and our website shows we only have 6 games left. 

11 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Yep you’re right it seems. I went off the sky sports app. The national league website has us 9 points clear and it would need 6 of the 9 teams below us to overtake us. 

There’s even less chance of us getting relegated!

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Yep you’re right it seems. I went off the sky sports app. The national league website has us 9 points clear and it would need 6 of the 9 teams below us to overtake us. 

There’s even less chance of us getting relegated!

Plus Gateshead and Yeovil play each other on Tuesday night.  Both sides can't win!

I`ve always said we won't get relegated, in spite of DU - and we won't.

However, it's a depressing thought that this incompetent manager seems destined to see out his expensive 3 year contract. 

He (and his backroom staff) are holding the club back in what should be a time of progress. It's not entertaining, it's not successful, it's not going to attract any new fans and I`m questioning the credibility of the board regarding the most important factor now; the footballing side. It is so obvious that change is needed; why aren't the powers that be willing to make that change?

How much more money is going to be thrown down the pan by allowing DU to keep recruiting without any meaningful improvement in our fortunes?

22 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

However, it's a depressing thought that this incompetent manager seems destined to see out his expensive 3 year contract. 

He (and his backroom staff) are holding the club back in what should be a time of progress. It's not entertaining, it's not successful, it's not going to attract any new fans and I`m questioning the credibility of the board regarding the most important factor now; the footballing side. It is so obvious that change is needed; why aren't the powers that be willing to make that change?

How much more money is going to be thrown down the pan by allowing DU to keep recruiting without any meaningful improvement in our fortunes?

The season was only ever stopping the rot. That has been achieved. It would only have been achieved by spending a bit of money. It has no bearing on next season.

59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The season was only ever stopping the rot. That has been achieved. It would only have been achieved by spending a bit of money. It has no bearing on next season.

True.

Unsworth is going nowhere, Frank et al. are not going to come out and say the manager is shit, they are going to give him the chance next season, with a full pre-season in hand and, hopefully, some good players for this level..but god knows from where.

I can see us getting maybe another eight points at most, although our good-for-nothing strikers have a task on their hands in getting those required goals. Fondop needs his ass kicking for dropping us in it.

In desperation, get Forshaw on the bench and give him a go.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I think the board had decided that because of all the turmoil of recent seasons they were not going to change managers again and that's why DU is still here. However I'm sure that even they never envisaged things would this  bad. I think we'll escape another relegation but if we do it will be through luck and not anything D.U has done. He has shown himself to be totally incompetent and next year our resources will be wasted with him in charge. He is incapable of choosing his best team and is tactically inept, playing players out of their best positions and for the first half of this season playing 1 forward and 7 at the back.Under Joe Royle we could see the team developing and as the right players came in success followed.Unsworth showed his weaknesses at Everton and has continued with them here.He never blames himself and constantly says time is needed. Today he said that the Wrexham game would show how far we had come.Well it did.Losing to Wrexham was never the issue it was the manner in which we lost.When the Wrexham fans say Oldham are the worst team they've played all season DU should hang his head in shame, but he won't because if he loses this job he'll not get another opportunity to manage because he can't. Full Stop.

31 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

I think the board had decided that because of all the turmoil of recent seasons they were not going to change managers again and that's why DU is still here. However I'm sure that even they never envisaged things would this  bad. I think we'll escape another relegation but if we do it will be through luck and not anything D.U has done. He has shown himself to be totally incompetent and next year our resources will be wasted with him in charge. He is incapable of choosing his best team and is tactically inept, playing players out of their best positions and for the first half of this season playing 1 forward and 7 at the back.Under Joe Royle we could see the team developing and as the right players came in success followed.Unsworth showed his weaknesses at Everton and has continued with them here.He never blames himself and constantly says time is needed. Today he said that the Wrexham game would show how far we had come.Well it did.Losing to Wrexham was never the issue it was the manner in which we lost.When the Wrexham fans say Oldham are the worst team they've played all season DU should hang his head in shame, but he won't because if he loses this job he'll not get another opportunity to manage because he can't. Full Stop.

Some para breaks would have helped..but, in general, I agree.

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

100%agree.Same old excuses  after each poor game and notice how not once has he blamed himself.His arrogance is only matched by his ineptitude 

Archived