Unsworth

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Why on earth would we want Clarke? Lower league plodder with no managerial or possibly even coaching record.

If we are getting a whole new management team we want one that is tried and tested. 

I’d be more than happy with Clarke as caretaker initially. 

13 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Can a player on loan also be a caretaker manager? Asking for a friend.

:detectivegm0:

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

the player on loan doesn't want to do it and he thinks your friend is a bit of a twat for assuming he does.

🤣

I thought you were my :sauce:Monty! So, it wasn't you who told me in the Dog 'n Duck, for the price of half a shandy?

Another defeat, another Monday evening with him still here. . . 

I think Paddy could be right, and he is as close to unsackable as it gets. It’s starting to feel like the tail is wagging the dog, and the Rothwell’s are deferring to Joe’s football knowledge- (cough friendship with DU) which you can understand to a point. But when does that go out of the window for what is staring you in the face?

People say Franks has gone all in financially on Unsworth- but the players and ancillary staff all stay. He needs to pay up three hefty wages- which while significant, can’t be the end of his money or we really are struggling. I don’t think it is money, I think they don’t want to upset Joe and sack his mate. I’m convinced any other manger would be gone by now. 

Guest Stanley30
Just now, League one forever said:

I think Paddy could be right, and he is as close to unsackable as it gets. It’s starting to feel like the tail is wagging the dog, and the Rothwell’s are deferring to Joe’s football knowledge- (cough friendship with DU) which you can understand to a point. But when does that go out of the window for what is staring you in the face?

People say Franks has gone all in financially on Unsworth- but the players and ancillary staff all stay. He needs to pay up three hefty wages- which while significant, can’t be the end of his money or we really are struggling. I don’t think it is money, I think they don’t want to upset Joe and sack his mate. I’m convinced any other manger would be gone by now. 

If any of this is true then its unbelievablly stupid and niave. If this was the previous owner doing this we would be going mental, yet these are getting off Scott free. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

7 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

If any of this is true then its unbelievablly stupid and niave. If this was the previous owner doing this we would be going mental, yet these are getting off Scott free. 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Very good point

To be fair to the Lemmies 🤮🤮🤮

One thing they werent afraid of was sacking managers 

• Like 1

The previous owners didn't do anything good.

The current owners have done everything good, but have a problem which they'll have to negotiate and learn from.

There's no comparison between the two sets of owners.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Yep, have to agree. 

The more it goes on the less relevant Unsy becomes, and the blame and accountability has to turn to the board. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

The previous owners didn't do anything good.

The current owners have done everything good, but have a problem which they'll have to negotiate and learn from.

There's no comparison between the two sets of owners.

Yeah, agreed. 

Although, if you’re only going to get one thing wrong- it’s a big one. 

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Take away the glorified friendly defeat on Saturday, our recent run is 1 defeat in 5 and that includes sticking five past Dorking and the heroic NYD showing against Notts County...

Unsy included beating mighty Chester on pens when talking about recent form. So he’s not having Gateshead as a freebie. 

#unsyslaw

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, agreed. 

Although, if you’re only going to get one thing wrong- it’s a big one. 

It is and I think it was done with the best of intentions.  The idea of having a manager as part of a long-term project isn't a bad idea.

They've just picked the wrong person and they're going to have to take action sooner rather than later, then put it down as a lesson learnt.