Unsworth

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

In one way, the fact that the upper hierarchy is sticking with Unsworth, despite the very slow on pitch improvement, is admirable.

We often hear talk of ‘backing the manager’ and giving him ‘more time’  - one good recent example is how Forest stuck by Cooper despite their dreadful start to the season.

The question is though “How long is enough time?”

If you see something then no probs sticking. Cooper had track record and prob wasn’t delivering such poor performances where his teams literally don’t threaten the oppo. If he was unlucky, performances showing glimpses of something there would be a lot less discontent. Unfortunately there’s isn’t even a glimmer he’ll keep us up. Plus shez put a line in sand for points return with squad so there is a clear comparison for what is achievable which he isn’t even meeting. Add his conduct and style and it’s hard to suggest backing is the right option. Blind faith at the moment 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

The reports that DU stormed out of the ground after the match on Saturday are astounding. I don't care particularly about whether he goes to the fans after a match win or lose and thanking them. He can head down the tunnel if he likes, up to him. But not to stay afterwards and speak to the players or front up to the media is unforgivable, barring some kind of home emergency that we don't know about. It's not leadership, which is sorely needed at the moment.

Who actually initially reported that? Is there any truth in it?

12 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

The guys out of his depth and need binning off ASAP. Or the flip of it, let's ride it out and see how far we actually can fall

Can you let me know how we have done in the league since he got his number 1 striker? Not sure it's been too bad.

Looks to me like there are no worries that this rabble will get us relegated at board level, on that basis I'm extremely worried not just that we have an absolute chump managing the team but also those making the decisions for the best interests of the club, I've said it before but it will be toxic on Saturday.

28 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

If you see something then no probs sticking. Cooper had track record and prob wasn’t delivering such poor performances where his teams literally don’t threaten the oppo. If he was unlucky, performances showing glimpses of something there would be a lot less discontent. Unfortunately there’s isn’t even a glimmer he’ll keep us up. Plus shez put a line in sand for points return with squad so there is a clear comparison for what is achievable which he isn’t even meeting. Add his conduct and style and it’s hard to suggest backing is the right option. Blind faith at the moment 

Glimmer of hope he'll keep us up?

Again please check the last 4 league results since Nutall arrived. We are showing improving form in the league. See what Saturday Brings but if we win it's P5 W3 D1 L1. That includes 2 games vs Notts County back to back.

The side has been quickly improved. The more time together the better they'll get. I expect us to carry that good form on. If it doesn't then it'll be time to relook. 

If he got sacked mid December he'd have no complaints. They backed him, signed Nutall and we've since moved out of the relegation zone and shown signs of improvement. (until we crashed out of the countries lowest profile competition)

The people running the club, fortunately, aren't totally thick. Weather permitting we played 3 games in 8 days. That'll show if he has it.

My view is Fergie reborn wouldn't be able to get a consistent side out with our midfield.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Looks to me like there are no worries that this rabble will get us relegated at board level, on that basis I'm extremely worried not just that we have an absolute chump managing the team but also those making the decisions for the best interests of the club, I've said it before but it will be toxic on Saturday.

If it turns toxic then that will say more about the fanbase than anything else, bunch of entitled cry babies.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Won't be toxic if Oldham win. That's all they need to do. Win games and silence the vocal minority...

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Again please check the last 4 league results since Nutall arrived. We are showing improving form in the league. See what Saturday Brings but if we win it's P5 W3 D1 L1. That includes 2 games vs Notts County back to back.

The side has been quickly improved. The more time together the better they'll get. I expect us to carry that good form on. If it doesn't then it'll be time to relook. 

If he got sacked mid December he'd have no complaints. They backed him, signed Nutall and we've since moved out of the relegation zone and shown signs of improvement. (until we crashed out of the countries lowest profile competition)

The people running the club, fortunately, aren't totally thick. Weather permitting we played 3 games in 8 days. That'll show if he has it.

My view is Fergie reborn wouldn't be able to get a consistent side out with our midfield.

It's a long way from that

I think we're entitled to wonder why that glaring weakness hasn't apparently been targeted in the recruitment process despite signing a dozen (?) players

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Nuttall's played three league games for us. One loss, one draw and one win.  Throw in the FA trophy and that's P4, W1, D 1, L2.

Should've been worse - how we drew with Notts County, I'll never know.  There was no craft or guile on our part - just two complete cock-ups by Notts for our goals.

I haven't seen much improvement.  There's no pressing, so urgency and the lack of cohesion between midfield and attack still remains.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I haven't seen much improvement.  There's no pressing, so urgency and the lack of cohesion between midfield and attack still remains.

The last 4 league games was what I was talking about.

In terms of pressing you may want to check the goals for the County game. If we aren't pressing and working hard we don't get those goals.

Some people just want him out and won't consider anything else. If he wins the next 2 and loses the 3rd it'll be the same shite again. Brexit behaviour. 

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's a long way from that

I think we're entitled to wonder why that glaring weakness hasn't apparently been targeted in the recruitment process despite signing a dozen (?) players

Unsworth isn't responsible for signing players. 

We waited for Nutall, we may be waiting for the right centre mid. We had the winger and owner pulled out due to his character. 

We've signed a right back so for me the only one we've not seen evidence they're trying to sort is centre mid, assuming Rooney isn't the answer they thought he was.

Can you please name a lower profile comp professional teams play in?

28 minutes ago, Clifford said:

In terms of pressing you may want to check the goals for the County game. If we aren't pressing and working hard we don't get those goals.

Neither of our goals against county came as a result of pressing? One was a penalty gained from a foul on a set piece!

6 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Neither of our goals against county came as a result of pressing? One was a penalty gained from a foul on a set piece!

From recollection they both game from us pressuring the opposition. Including the play to win the corner. 

Keeper error again we have players in and around him for Sheron to get the goal.

Why are people against it getting toxic on Saturday? People show displeasure in different ways. I don't boo the players or staff. I used to, but I'm over it. However, if people want to do it, it's up to them. The fact of the matter is that we are shit. We're shit yet again when things are supposed to be getting better. He has had the funding. He has had the backing. However, there's no indication of what football he wants us playing. 

Toxic or not, we really do need to put in a good solid performance on Saturday. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Why are people against it getting toxic on Saturday? People show displeasure in different ways. I don't boo the players or staff. I used to, but I'm over it. However, if people want to do it, it's up to them. The fact of the matter is that we are shit. We're shit yet again when things are supposed to be getting better. He has had the funding. He has had the backing. However, there's no indication of what football he wants us playing. 

Are you ok?

No one wants a toxic atmosphere on Saturday as it'll impact on the team and their performance. Everyone going should be fully behind the team and if they go behind trying to encourage the team.

It won't be as toxic as away games as the usual twitter mouths won't be as drunk.

1 minute ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

It should never be allowed to get to that point,

By letting it continue, the board are also as out of tune with the fan's, as the festering problem itself.

Couldn't be more obvious that none of the fanbase want up to 3 seasons of this hardship forced upon us. 

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Are you ok?

No one wants a toxic atmosphere on Saturday as it'll impact on the team and their performance. Everyone going should be fully behind the team and if they go behind trying to encourage the team.

It won't be as toxic as away games as the usual twitter mouths won't be as drunk.

Am I ok? Yeah, I'm fine. 

I'm not saying we WANT a toxic atmosphere. The fans try to get behind the team every single home game. However, as this season has gone on, less and less people are joining in. Our songs just fizzle out quickly or struggle to get started. 

I'm not saying fans will be going with the sole intention of being toxic. 

35 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Are you ok?

Why are you so happy with us being shit? You can’t really be annoyed at the fact that fans are not happy with being in a relegation battle in the national league. It’s a joke. 

• Like 3

Issue for me is that we clearly were unable to back it up against our relegation rivals Gateshead and suggests the Dorking result was a total fluke which is what the stats suggest as well. Notts County at home showed a small glimmer of improvement, but you can't set up like that most weeks in this league.

Let's not forget we've heard multiple times now from those in non-league we should be doing much better than we are currently doing.. BT Commentators against Yeovil and Boreham Wood's manager both said this squad should be doing WAY better.

Also his cowardly act on Saturday deserves a strong fine at the very least.

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Why are you so happy with us being shit? You can’t really be annoyed at the fact that fans are not happy with being in a relegation battle in the national league. It’s a joke. 

It was never going to be anything other than a relegation battle unless we went out and acquired 15 quality players in September, if anyone thought differently then they were either clueless or weren't paying attention.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Picked up a few points yes, improved form well technically yeah but not in performances. Should have lost at home to county, that was a pure fluke draw from gifts of goals. And not sure discounting the fa trophy is fair, they were def playing to win with strong teams out and one was at home to a PT team and we didn’t have a shot on target. Then u combine rumoured walk out post game sat and u can’t say he doesn’t deserve firing right now. I’m still honestly can’t see him keeping us up and it won’t take a lot for us to do that. 

26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I'm not happy we are shit. I do have the ability to see the last few league performances have shown a slight improvement though. As I've said had he gone mid December he'd have no argument. 

The addition of Nutall is a massive step forward as he is a very good centre forward. Sheron moving to centre mid has made an improvement there (more needed).

I'll judge him on league results. He's enough new signings in now for there to be an improvement. Up to him and the players to do the do.

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

I'm not happy we are shit. I do have the ability to see the last few league performances have shown a slight improvement though. As I've said had he gone mid December he'd have no argument. 

The addition of Nutall is a massive step forward as he is a very good centre forward. Sheron moving to centre mid has made an improvement there (more needed).

I'll judge him on league results. He's enough new signings in now for there to be an improvement. Up to him and the players to do the do.

We're 20th out of 24 teams. Just lost in the cup against a team directly below us who have won four all season. How many games do you give him to get it right then? 

• Like 1