Unsworth

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

draw away win at home is win the league form. lm not advocating Rhino forever, but stability now is paramount.

Yeah you're right, but we're not doing that.

The 1 point per game we're currently getting is literally relegation form.

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I’m still up for giving him 10/15 games, but lose tomorrow and he will be seriously under pressure won’t he ? 

He's under pressure now.  He knows a third of the crowd are on his back.  The players know it to. 

Edited by Lags

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I’m still up for giving him 10/15 games, but lose tomorrow and he will be seriously under pressure won’t he ? 

yes. he's been under pressure since day one, it nearly spilled into his chesterfield presser last week.

not had a listen yet. hence no bargain bucket psychoanalyitcal waffle on yet 🙄

44 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

draw away win at home is win the league form. lm not advocating Rhino forever, but stability now is paramount.

We need those home wins on a regular basis and the away form takes care of itself, because more often than not we'll sneak a draw, tomorrow needs to be better, will we win? can't be certain of that

So there is no stability after all the good foundations put in place, the lack of footballing nouse is causing subsidence.

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We need those home wins on a regular basis and the away form takes care of itself, because more often than not we'll sneak a draw, tomorrow needs to be better, will we win? can't be certain of that

So there is no stability after all the good foundations put in place, the lack of footballing nouse is causing subsidence.

yep. just we differ which side of the castle the lack of nouse foundation burrowers are working from!!

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

shit. panic. is there anywhere to turn that has more than 120 points left to play for????????

We've scored 2 goals in 4 games if we take Aldershot out of it.

We've got plenty of firepower up front but have got zero combined goals out of Nuttall, Fondop, Willoughby and Reid.

We've been struggling in games yet consistently only used 2 subs

We've been incredibly dull to watch

We don't seem to have any tactics when in possession

DU has had 40+ games and tactics have remained fairly constant

He's claimed various things such as fitness, injuries, and quality of players were the issue, been given the resources to fix them, and it's stayed the same

And all summer was promising a different brand of football, that hasn't happened apart from 1 game against an Aldershot team that many think would be in the relegation mix (who now also have more points than us)

But let's ignore all of the above, because there are plenty of points left?

I've not been one of the fans at games shouting they want him out etc, but if you offered me a new manager tomorrow I'd 1000% take it.

In 99% of situations, any manager in professional football has this kind of record and they're replaced

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I don't really see any signs in the performances that things will change though. Like we don't seem to have an attacking identity, or a way we want to play. Seems like the plan is to hang on and just hope something happens

What have you seen in the first 5 games to say 10-15 games is needed? Not trying to be argumentative or anything, just genuinely curious if anyone has seen anything

It seems like for the most part we're just waiting and hoping Lundstram plays like a prime Pirlo when he's fit again 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, St92 said:

We've got plenty of firepower up front but have got zero combined goals out of Nuttall, Fondop, Willoughby and Reid.

We've been struggling in games yet consistently only used 2 subs

We've been incredibly dull to watch

We don't seem to have any tactics when in possession

DU has had 40+ games and tactics have remained fairly constant

He's claimed various things such as fitness, injuries, and quality of players were the issue, been given the resources to fix them, and it's stayed the same

And all summer was promising a different brand of football, that hasn't happened apart from 1 game against an Aldershot team that many think would be in the relegation mix (who now also have more points than us)

But let's ignore all of the above, because there are plenty of points left?

I've not been one of the fans at games shouting they want him out etc, but if you offered me a new manager tomorrow I'd 1000% take it.

In 99% of situations, any manager in professional football has this kind of record and they're replaced

l proof read lengthy posts and random made up stats and hypothetical deleting of selected matches abound in this.

l'm therefore not reading it fully but also not doing a sardonic reply with the made up stats and deleted match in the favour of reason. cba.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, St92 said:

Picking and choosing what to include. Happens a lot here. 

That last comment is absolute tripe

1 hour ago, St92 said:

I don't really see any signs in the performances that things will change though. Like we don't seem to have an attacking identity, or a way we want to play. Seems like the plan is to hang on and just hope something happens

What have you seen in the first 5 games to say 10-15 games is needed? Not trying to be argumentative or anything, just genuinely curious if anyone has seen anything

It seems like for the most part we're just waiting and hoping Lundstram plays like a prime Pirlo when he's fit again 

I’m not his fan and would ideally like a replacement asap. I think 10/15 plus what we watched last year is a fair amount of games to judge him against. 

He has his target of being in the playoffs, is he’s not in them 10/15 games in then get rid. If we don’t pick up a win in the next 2/3 games then that might have to shift…. 

Agree on the Lundstram comment. From what I have seen of him, he’s an upgrade on Sheron and Shelton, but he’s not going to turn us into match winners. 

50 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l proof read lengthy posts and random made up stats and hypothetical deleting of selected matches abound in this.

l'm therefore not reading it fully but also not doing a sardonic reply with the made up stats and deleted match in the favour of reason. cba.

No stats included, unless you're counting points per game and goal totals as stats

And one anecdote at the end that no one would interpret as a stat

Reads very much like a 'not got a constructive reply' comment

48 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Picking and choosing what to include. Happens a lot here. 

That last comment is absolute tripe

What have I chosen to not include? 

Managers in most clubs wouldn't have been given until the January turnaround last year. Clubs aren't generally patient through runs with a couple of wins in 20 or so games (I haven't bothered to check the exact games before anyone says it's a fake stat or anything like that)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, St92 said:

What have I chosen to not include? 

Managers in most clubs wouldn't have been given until the January turnaround last year. Clubs aren't generally patient through runs with a couple of wins in 20 or so games (I haven't bothered to check the exact games before anyone says it's a fake stat or anything like that)

It's going to be difficult to get a win tomorrow and the longer it continues, the more perilous his position becomes,

Not bothered about a clean sheet, just as long as it's 5-1 or even 2-1 😏

Come on Dave, make our day and bring back that Aldershot feeling, it was magnificent 

10 minutes ago, St92 said:

No stats included, unless you're counting points per game and goal totals as stats

And one anecdote at the end that no one would interpret as a stat

Reads very much like a 'not got a constructive reply' comment

you opened with selective dropping of a match and ended with a percentage so forgive me for giving zero fucks about how my posts appear to somebody who thinks they are not including stats!!!

don't worry l won't miss anything, you cant have been about too long if you think that.