Unsworth

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I expect that, given the quality and money spent on our squad, that even with Unsworth we will finish in the playoff positions, but I think a good manager could have us with the title in the bag by Easter...

This a thousand times over. 

Unsworth has under achieved the whole time he’s been here and will continue to underachieve.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

This a thousand times over. 

Unsworth has under achieved the whole time he’s been here and will continue to underachieve.

Don't waste your time

If you actually said it a thousand times over, some of these fools with their head in the sand wouldn't lift it out for you to be heard.

Wastrels one and all

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Don't waste your time

If you actually said it a thousand times over, some of these fools with their head in the sand wouldn't lift it out for you to be heard.

Wastrels one and all

Or, some of your fellow Oldham Athletic fans may have a differing opinion to your own..

• Like 4

22 hours ago, nzlatic said:

It's also a good reason to not panic about our position relative to Chesterfield after 4 games.  The other teams they've played currently sit 16th, 20th and 23rd. The other 3 teams we've played currently sit 8th, 9th and 18th. 

Because we lost to them and chesterfield beat them.

On 8/22/2023 at 5:13 PM, frizzell54 said:

Is this not the problem?  He is too fixed on his system and can't/won't adapt.  

On 8/22/2023 at 5:48 PM, Ackey said:

We've played a different system in multiple games this season and we're only four games in.

Not defending him. Just think that's wrong.

Doesn't matter the system they always back off and allow the opposition too much space, even the Aldershot game that ended in their goal.

Edited by frizzell54
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2023 at 4:47 PM, BP1960 said:

I understand Boreham Wood have a few injuries to key players, hope we can capitalise on that situation.

Same as us then, but while injuries to the opposition gives us expectations to win we don’t think injuries to our lot is a good enough reason not to win!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JED said:

Same as us then, but while injuries to the opposition gives us expectations to win we don’t think injuries to our lot is a good enough reason not to win!

That depends on which side of the DU fence you sit on. 

Either way I just hope we win the next 10 games. 

1 hour ago, Lags said:

I’m on the give him time to get his team on the pitch, then slaughter him if we aren’t top 5 form.

I was at Southend for probably the most inept performance of many dreadful ones in the last 30 years, but he still needs the chance to work with his first choice midfield, as this continues to be our significant weakness.

21 hours ago, JED said:

I’m on the give him time to get his team on the pitch, then slaughter him if we aren’t top 5 form.

I was at Southend for probably the most inept performance of many dreadful ones in the last 30 years, but he still needs the chance to work with his first choice midfield, as this continues to be our significant weakness.

Our gaffer sounds very positive in his pre match interview. 

Fingers crossed because this weeks training has been good!

On 8/24/2023 at 7:36 PM, JED said:

I've often wondered, is the opposite of inept, ept?😁

On 8/24/2023 at 6:26 PM, Lags said:

There is no fence, it's imaginary,

Nobody has ever stated that they want the manager to fail, have they?

10 games 🙄

If we win the next 3 I'd see that as a mini miracle but I hope it's the case

He got asked a question about playing Solihull on Monday and failed to answer it at all and just talked about Chesterfield dropping points v Alty. Was weird & cringey.

On the phone in, part of the argument for keeping him was coz of all the work he does on the infrastructure behind the scenes. If that’s the only benefit then give him a DOF role and bring in a proper head coach that can properly manage a team.

Edited by Sloshed Joe

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Delusional interview. Embarrassing one eyed nonsense.

Unconscious incompetence.

Win two of the next three… or pack your bags. 

l do feel you watch his interviews like how an open drain would pop awake to listen to the confirmation bias forecast when the Cricket is on the wireless up in the scullery!!!

l really have no idea why l padded out that setence in such a manner.

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l do feel you watch his interviews like how an open drain would pop awake to listen to the confirmation bias forecast when the Cricket is on the wireless up in the scullery!!!

l really have no idea why l padded out that setence in such a manner.

Flowery

• Like 1