PLAY OFFS PUSH....

I think a more interesting conversation would be who we’d prefer in the league next season, to make a play off push in 2023/24 as smooth as possible.

I take it everyone agrees that Wrexham and Notts County getting promoted is in our best interests?

Scunthorpe dropping is terrible for them but I’d fancy them to be challenging should they survive.

Who would you rather be relegated from League 2? You’d imagine John Askey’s Hartlepool would be equipped for an immediate return should they drop.

If Fylde get promoted, will they spend and be competitive? That Gateshead Dave on the phone in suggested their spending power would see us and them shopping for the same pool of players.

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I think a more interesting conversation would be who we’d prefer in the league next season, to make a play off push in 2023/24 as smooth as possible.

I take it everyone agrees that Wrexham and Notts County getting promoted is in our best interests?

Scunthorpe dropping is terrible for them but I’d fancy them to be challenging should they survive.

Who would you rather be relegated from League 2? You’d imagine John Askey’s Hartlepool would be equipped for an immediate return should they drop.

If Fylde get promoted, will they spend and be competitive? That Gateshead Dave on the phone in suggested their spending power would see us and them shopping for the same pool of players.

I don't think we should worry about the opposition too much it will be down to us and the actions of the team and the club between now and the end of the season and ofcourse over the summer. Hopefully the 2023 form continues and the team continues to develop collectively. From there it shouldn't be too difficult to kick on and get into the top 7 and if we really do it properly have a crack at the title. 

We will be a more attractive proposition than Gateshead infact we will be the most attractive club for national league players to come too in Northern England.

We've had alot of false dawns in recent years but I think we can safely say we now as a club collectively are now more together than we have been for a long time and are starting to build some forward momentum it's all starting to come together. Even if we pull off a typical Latics on Saturday and something tells me a 0-1 home defeat feels inevitable we are in a position to recover and win the next few and we can deal with setbacks which we will inevitably get. We have plenty to be optimistic about now.

17 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

With a steady club and ‘good manager’ a club should finish equivalent to its budget. (I know there are exceptions, but this is largely the case for most) with Notts and Wrexham gone- we’d likely have the biggest budget in the league and expectation next season should reflect that. 

Minimum- top 7. 

Desired-  top 2.

31 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

What was it that stalled Fylde's prgress?

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What was it that stalled Fylde's prgress?

COVID mainly I think.

2019-2020 National League season was calculated on a points per game basis which saw Fylde go down, being unable to complete their remaining 9 games, which would have given them the opportunity to survive relegation.

2020-2021 National League North season looked like Fylde would bounce straight back up, being in 2nd at the time, but the campaign was brought to a halt after only 15 games.

Archived