MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 18/03/23

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I'm not trying to argue with you BP, just trying to understand and offer some other points of view about what players might be contributing to the team other than what the numbers on their stats page show.

Nuttall may flourish next season with better players around him and with a team more focussed on creating chances for strikers. Or he may not. Either way, too many have written him off now as being lazy as far as I'm concerned.

It seems to me a lack of willpower more than anything.

I just hope he can add more to his game as he does have good basic assets.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

But can you let me know how many assists he has made since he came here?

If the manager thinks he's good at defending maybe he'd be better off playing as a defensive midfielder or centre back?

Why are you so obsessed with changing a players position ? I respect your opinions generally but you are being strange on changing a players position all the time. 

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Nuttall doesn't warrant any criticism, but I don't see a lazy, ineffective player as many describe. I see someone who works hard for the team but is a bit short of confidence and also hasn't had much in the way of supply given our current style of play.

Putting aside the lazy bit for a minute. 

I agree we aren’t creating loads. But- he has had chances, and missed them. Nor has he created anything for himself. 

Reid and Fondop have scored from the little we create, or made goals themselves. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Putting aside the lazy bit for a minute. 

I agree we aren’t creating loads. But- he has had chances, and missed them. Nor has he created anything for himself. 

Reid and Fondop have scored from the little we create, or made goals themselves. 

My issue isn't with the fact he's not scoring, I agree he should be doing better and I'm sure he'd probably say the same thing himself. My issue is with the thing you're putting aside!

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

My issue isn't with the fact he's not scoring, I agree he should be doing better and I'm sure he'd probably say the same thing himself. My issue is with the thing you're putting aside!

Fair enough. 

I’m the opposite. 

He could do nothing all game for me as long as he scored. He’s not in the side to be a forward defender. He’s in the side to score goals. 

I think people look to the other stuff when any striker isn’t scoring. But like I say,  I don’t want a hard working non scoring striker. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair enough. 

I’m the opposite. 

He could do nothing all game for me as long as he scored. He’s not in the side to be a forward defender. He’s in the side to score goals. 

I think people look to the other stuff when any striker isn’t scoring. But like I say,  I don’t want a hard working non scoring striker. 

100%

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair enough. 

I’m the opposite. 

No hang on, that's not the opposite of my point of view. I'm not saying as long as he's doing a good job defensively I'm happy. I'm saying as long as the team is winning and scoring goals and he's a part of that, then it's acceptable to me if he's not scoring the bulk of the goals. Not all effective strikers average a goal every 2 games. 

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I'm saying as long as the team is winning and scoring goals and he's a part of that, then it's acceptable to me if he's not scoring the bulk of the goals. Not all effective strikers average a goal every 2 games. 

😂

It’s exactly what you’re saying. 

You are saying- his scoring record isn’t that important to you as long as contributes/works hard to a team win. 

I am saying the complete opposite. 

His scoring record is very important and his contribution/working hard isn’t as important to me. 

If, however you want the further debate on his contribution in terms winning flicks ons, hold up play, bringing others in to play, and assists. That is dreadful too in my view.  But I don’t mind that if he scores goals. 

He isn’t doing his primary job- scoring. 

He isn’t doing his secondary job- contributing. 

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

It’s exactly what you’re saying. 

You are saying- his scoring record isn’t that important to you as long as contributes/works hard to a team win. 

I am saying the complete opposite. 

His scoring record is very important and his contribution/working hard isn’t as important to me. 

If, however you want the further debate on his contribution in terms winning flicks ons, hold up play, bringing others in to play, and assists. That is dreadful too in my view.  But I don’t mind that if he scores goals. 

He isn’t doing his primary job- scoring. 

He isn’t doing his secondary job- contributing. 

Team wins mean more to me than individual goal tallies. The end of my point. You can believe I'm saying whatever you want to. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Team wins mean more to me than individual goal tallies. The end of my point. You can believe I'm saying whatever you want to. 

Which is exactly what I’ve just said for the last three posts. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t believe anything, we don’t even know each other. 

I respond to what you type. 

You then create personal arguments that doesn’t exist, which is a shame. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Which is exactly what I’ve just said for the last three posts. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t believe anything, we don’t even know each other. 

I respond to what you type. 

You then create personal arguments that doesn’t exist, which is a shame. 

It always ends up here with you for some reason. I should know better by now really. We're probably both better off not responding to each other.

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It always ends up here with you for some reason. I should know better by now really. We're probably both better off not responding to each other.

I love challenging debate. 

There are lots of points you make I agree with. 

There are lots of points I don’t. 

I’m not trying to change your view, disagreeing is healthy. 

However when I challenge your view you come across like you don’t like it, and the points we are trying to make get lost in a shitty tit for tat, which I can’t be arsed with. 

I will continue to reply to you agree or disagree, but if my debating style winds you up- just ignore me. 👍🏻

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Was only last year when fighting for our lives in League 2  this board was full of comments like . "We could do with a big number 9 who holds the ball up", "Just somebody with a presence to keep hold of the ball doesnt have to be a goalscorer" etc. I expect him to be at least double figures next season especially as we will have a more creative midfield .

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've got no doubts he'll come good. He's made a mediocre start but I reckon he'll do alright for us next season...

Yes, for some reason, and I cannot explain why, I agree. Just a feeling I have too. 

Archived