MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 18/03/23

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nuttall being the one called up will either be a blessing or a curse.

He clearly needs a rest but if he actually plays in a side who can create and not just smash it at his head he may bag a few goals.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

It amazes me the amount of people on here who classifying Tammy as anything other than absolutely shite.

Did you mean Timmy?  I get mixed up with him and his brother. I don’t think he’s been given a real chance to be fair. When him and Fondop came on together the week against Woking they looked decent and although Sharon scored from Rooneys cross I think it was them who turned the game from stalemate into our victory 

Just now, True Tic said:

Did you mean Timmy?  I get mixed up with him and his brother. I don’t think he’s been given a real chance to be fair. When him and Fondop came on together the week against Woking they looked decent and although Sharon scored from Rooneys cross I think it was them who turned the game from stalemate into our victory 

Sheron not Sharon 😂

Timmy is quick and runs hard. Footballer? No.

Fondop is a big aggressive unit who can get a goal when needed. He cannot produce that over 60 mins. That is down to his dedication to his fitness IMO.

Both decent options off the bench, especially Fondop.

31 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Exactly. His only asset is he runs about. So does a dog. As a fan base, the longer we’ve become ingrained in watching awful football, our player expectations are at an all time low. 

He’s a truly awful footballer, but because he runs about a bit people like him. 

As Roy Keane (sorry) says a lot, that’s the minimum he should do.

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

It amazes me the amount of people on here who classifying Tammy (Timmy) as anything other than absolutely shite.

It amazes me that some think it’s okay to dismiss any individual as being ‘absolutely shite’. 😮

I have seen him play live on several occasions and maybe I’m watching a different player? True, he has only scored 2 in 15 appearances but he hasn’t started many games. Is he the 20 goal striker we crave? No. Does he deserve to be labelled as you have? Absolutely not. 

I suppose I just get tired of ‘supporters’ who come out with such comments - it’s just plain sloppy.

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It amazes me that some think it’s okay to dismiss any individual as being ‘absolutely shite’. 😮

I have seen him play live on several occasions and maybe I’m watching a different player? True, he has only scored 2 in 15 appearances but he hasn’t started many games. Is he the 20 goal striker we crave? No. Does he deserve to be labelled as you have? Absolutely not. 

I suppose I just get tired of ‘supporters’ who come out with such comments - it’s just plain sloppy.

It's a bit like politics nowadays.......there's no grey areas.

44 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It amazes me that it amazes you given this has happened with hundreds of players over these last several years and 99% of them did indeed turn out to be, and remain, "absolutely shite".

🙅‍♂️

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It amazes me that it amazes you given this has happened with hundreds of players over these last several years and 99% of them did indeed turn out to be, and remain, "absolutely shite".

🙅‍♂️

I’m amazed that you’re amazed that I’m amazed…etc 😉

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

This is the Nuttall that apparently everyone except Unsworth can see is useless, lazy, offers nothing etc?

Hopefully such recognition will have other clubs offering £200,000.😉

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Grey ended with John Major leaving politics. 

One of the very few senior politicians of the last few decades that I'd like to sit in a pub with and have a pint.  By the way, I had a share in another Cheltenham winner last week - that was fun!

4 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Exactly. His only asset is he runs about. So does a dog. As a fan base, the longer we’ve become ingrained in watching awful football, our player expectations are at an all time low. 

He’s a truly awful footballer, but because he runs about a bit people like him. 

As Roy Keane (sorry) says a lot, that’s the minimum he should do.

It’s hard to tell what his potential is when he’s just grabbing bits of game time. I think one of the reasons he runs around like he does is that he’s so limited time wise he’s trying to make an instant impression. I don’t think he’s our ticket to success but I reckon he could help 

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

One of the very few senior politicians of the last few decades that I'd like to sit in a pub with and have a pint.  By the way, I had a share in another Cheltenham winner last week - that was fun!

Which horse was that Dave? 

57 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Better than one of my syndicate horses on its first attempts at hurdles.

Ran to the first obstacle, stopped and tried to jump from a standing start, finished up on top of the hurdle, lifted itself off and ran back to the starting post.

It never ran again.

42 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Which horse was that Dave? 

Stage Star in the first race on Thursday.  Now 14/1 for both the King George and next year's Ryanair.  Should find out tomorrow if there's a chance he'll go to Aintree

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Stage Star in the first race on Thursday.  Now 14/1 for both the King George and next year's Ryanair.  Should find out tomorrow if there's a chance he'll go to Aintree

Well it was one I backed, good luck for the future with it. I had my best day Thursday with 2 other winners (envoi Allen and seddon). 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I always thought he seemed like a decent bloke despite not sharing his politics. Anyone who loves cricket as much as he does can't be all bad. The official letter of apology he wrote to Harold Larwood while PM for the actions of the UK Government was thoroughly decent.

8 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

It amazes me the amount of people on here who classifying Tammy as anything other than absolutely shite.

Runs a lot. He's not absolute shite as far as I can tell but he isn't the 2nd coming either. We've too many fans who think running more than someone  else makes them a better player

8 hours ago, nzlatic said:

This is the Nuttall that apparently everyone except Unsworth can see is useless, lazy, offers nothing etc?

A few have said that- not everyone. 

Most have actually said, he looks shot of confidence, looks a yard off the pace, doesn’t hold it up very well, and is on a very barren run in front of goal- despite having chances. All of which is exactly what has happened. 

I’m hoping he can come good next season, but no striker can play indefinitely offering so little. 

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

A few have said that- not everyone. 

Most have actually said, he looks shot of confidence, looks a yard off the pace, doesn’t hold it up very well, and is on a very barren run in front of goal- despite having chances. All of which is exactly what has happened. 

I’m hoping he can come good next season, but no striker can play indefinitely offering so little. 

It was a flippant remark about a player who’s been tried in the court of hashtag public opinion and found to be guilty of being lazy and/or shit by armchair expert jurors. But now he’s been selected above a number of other strikers including Fondop to play in a league select XI. Which would suggest other people in football might rate him too. What I said doesn’t need to be taken that seriously really.  I’m sure whatever you have said about him has been bang on the money though. 

Archived