MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 18/03/23

23 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It was a flippant remark about a player who’s been tried in the court of hashtag public opinion and found to be guilty of being lazy and/or shit by armchair expert jurors. But now he’s been selected above a number of other strikers including Fondop to play in a league select XI. Which would suggest other people in football might rate him too. What I said doesn’t need to be taken that seriously really.  I’m sure whatever you have said about him has been bang on the money though. 

Ahh, you were being flippant. . sorry my mistake. 

It came across as- ‘all’ our fans look a bit stupid now he’s been selected for a non league 11. But since you clarified it, I won’t as you say- take it seriously. 😎

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It was a flippant remark about a player who’s been tried in the court of hashtag public opinion and found to be guilty of being lazy and/or shit by armchair expert jurors. But now he’s been selected above a number of other strikers including Fondop to play in a league select XI. Which would suggest other people in football might rate him too. What I said doesn’t need to be taken that seriously really.  I’m sure whatever you have said about him has been bang on the money though. 

Would big Fonny have been eligible for selection?

10 hours ago, nzlatic said:

This is the Nuttall that apparently everyone except Unsworth can see is useless, lazy, offers nothing etc?

Its as if they see something others don't. Makes you think doesn't it.

5 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Its as if they see something others don't. Makes you think doesn't it.

Yeah, it is weird. 

It’s almost as if people defend the truth of the matter- which is 2 goals in nearly 20 games. But hey, probably doesn’t matter as long as he’s in the non league 11. . meanwhile ‘bang average big Mikey’ keeps scoring. But who wants goals over the non league 11. . . ? 

Wish people would get off Nuttall’s back. He’s our number 9 going into next season, we will need him firing if we want to be competitive. This team has no link up play between the strikers and midfield, we rely on set pieces and moments of brilliance for a goal. Let’s see what he’s like when we create chances from open play for a change rather than lump it to his forehead for 90mins. 

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Wish people would get off Nuttall’s back. He’s our number 9 going into next season, we will need him firing if we want to be competitive. This team has no link up play between the strikers and midfield, we rely on set pieces and moments of brilliance for a goal. Let’s see what he’s like when we create chances from open play for a change rather than lump it to his forehead for 90mins. 

You get on enough players backs so it's bit rich asking others to pipe down, people have opinions, what we've seen isn't good enough it's as simple as that and the fact that you're telling us he's next season's number 9 is part of the problem for me, he doesn't have to improve or work on anything because he is undroppable in Unsworths eyes, he should earn his starting spot like the rest and has done little to deserve the faith the manager has put in him, hopefully he'll repay that but continuously blaming others for his weaknesses is almost laughable, Fondop scores regularly with much less minutes with the same service, why's that then?, Fondop can hold the ball up and bring others in to play, I've not seen that from Nuttall so tell me exactly what he does bring to the team on a consistent basis, I'll tell you what I think he brings- fuck all, and that's being generous, he gets bullied all afternoon most weekends and really does need to improve on what we've seen if he's going to be the shoe in that he obviously believes he should be.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

You get on enough players backs so it's bit rich asking others to pipe down, people have opinions, what we've seen isn't good enough it's as simple as that and the fact that you're telling us he's next season's number 9 is part of the problem for me, he doesn't have to improve or work on anything because he is undroppable in Unsworths eyes, he should earn his starting spot like the rest and has done little to deserve the faith the manager has put in him, hopefully he'll repay that but continuously blaming others for his weaknesses is almost laughable, Fondop scores regularly with much less minutes with the same service, why's that then?, Fondop can hold the ball up and bring others in to play, I've not seen that from Nuttall so tell me exactly what he does bring to the team on a consistent basis, I'll tell you what I think he brings- fuck all, and that's being generous, he gets bullied all afternoon most weekends and really does need to improve on what we've seen if he's going to be the shoe in that he obviously believes he should be.

I think this year I gave some stick to Maynard and can’t recall anyone else in particular, so I think that was more than justified. I slated DU all season but accepted he’s not going anywhere so not offered an opinion on him lately. - I still want him gone. 

Anyhow, I’ve responded to you before about what I think Nuttall brings to the team, but you miss my point. He is our striker next season whether you agree with it or not, and booing and sarcastically cheering him off the pitch is not going to help. We have to get behind him and try and get him into form if we want to challenge next year. I take your point on Fondop and he’s a solid option and alternative but everyone knows he can’t play up top for a full game, so we can’t rely on him. 

Archived