Simon Corneys Gold Brick

15 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Corney was left high and dry by the other two and then IMO he did the best he could on limited resources.

He could have walked away but tried to make it work, at the end of the day, he did what he had to do for himself, just like you or I would probably have done in a similar situation.

We have proper owners now who have   a true connection with their local football club and hopefully we won’t experience the likes of that again!

Oh!……and Barry Owen, just fuck right off, and when you get there just fuck off some more and continue fucking right off until you get to where you’re going you red fleeced twat!!!

I see your point. But it still wrangles with me a bit. That he sold the club to Abdallah, despite promising that only the right person will buy the club. Also the James Tawkoski transfer debacle. Also since then a lot negative things have come out about his ownership, for me that no longer warrants his gold brick. I think there are far deserving people in the clubs history that deserve it more.

1 minute ago, Canada_latic said:

I see your point. But it still wrangles with me a bit. That he sold the club to Abdallah, despite promising that only the right person will buy the club. Also the James Tawkoski transfer debacle. Also since then a lot negative things have come out about his ownership, for me that no longer warrants his gold brick. I think there are far deserving people in the clubs history that deserve it more.

Its just a brick

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Yes, it is. I am also against the tearing down of historic statues and renaming streets… how about you?

I'm all for removing statues put up to honour people who we have since found to be far from worthy of it, such as Jimmy Savile.  Corney however isn't in that category at all. A lot of shit happened under his watch but he's nowhere near the levels of the Lemsegams and their senior club advisor for me. Now if they had gold bricks I might think differently!...

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

This. And that goes for the 'realistics' as well.

Can't understand why people bite, respond, piss take, give even one ounce of attention to them one bit.

The best way to deal with them is literally zero attention. It's exactly what they want and besides, we're all much better than that.

I do agree with this you are right, but my god it did feel good reading the Rothwells rub Barry Owens nose in it with that statement yesterday anyway its time to move on. As for Corneys brick it's not important I think we've done the debate to death on their time here.

The most important thing is we have a bright future which is good for all of us.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do agree with this you are right, but my god it did feel good reading the Rothwells rub Barry Owens nose in it with that statement yesterday anyway its time to move on. As for Corneys brick it's not important I think we've done the debate to death on their time here.

The most important thing is we have a bright future which is good for all of us.

I wonder as an ex director will the welcome mat also be laid out for Barry?

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do agree with this you are right, but my god it did feel good reading the Rothwells rub Barry Owens nose win it ith that statement yesterday anyway its time to move on. As for Corneys brick it's not important I think we've done the debate to death on their time here.

I must be missing that part of it because it's not obvious to me, but it may be my age !  🤪

6 hours ago, redlion said:

I think the worst thing Corney/Blitz/Gazal did was hand over the reins to the clowns. That is unforgivable. Corney, as we know promised to sell only to the "right" buyer but I don't suppose it was his decision in the end.

He was also called every name under the sun by some fans for years after making this statement.  I'd snatch the hand off of any fuckwit who turns up offering me £2 million for a badge after that...

18 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Love it! 😆😆😆. Couldn't have said it better myself! 👏 

21 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Oh!……and Barry Owen, just fuck right off, and when you get there just fuck off some more and continue fucking right off until you get to where you’re going you red fleeced twat!!!

And then fuck off again

Not sure TTAs were battling others to save us at the time they came in. Leave it be. They did save us even if it turned sour.

They meant and started well. Few shite decisions and it went to piss. That happens.

Some really good points about leaving the brick alone. I definitely understand them. But last night and today I was reminded on the #oafc of one of Corney's bad decisions. That he appointed Barry Owen as a permanent Senior Director to the board, after he left the fans rep role. With Barry spouting off all kinds of bitter nonsense and offering fans out who give it back to him. Which is pure comedy gold, how bitter he and the Realistics are right now.

Archived