MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 25/03/23

9 hours ago, Le miserable1 said:

So what do people around where you sit think?

Improved, if not ripping up any trees, and worth the patience to see if he comes good. Then clapped off by a large proportion of the crowd.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Improved, if not ripping up any trees, and worth the patience to see if he comes good. Then clapped off by a large proportion of the crowd.

I thought that was more out of sympathy to be fair, it certainly wasn't for his contribution. 

Everyone is almost willing him to find some form because Unsworth is just going to throw him on regardless, I'll give him his due though at least he hasn't cried wolf like plenty we've had through the door in years gone by who've come in took the dollar and not even had the balls to face up when the goings got tough. 

22 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Where was Tollitt on Saturday? Injured or just left out of the squad?

Strange one. Thought he was our best player at one point and is exciting to watch. He should be on the left and Rooney in the middle for me, but don’t think Unsworth fancies him at all at this point. 

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Strange one. Thought he was our best player at one point and is exciting to watch. He should be on the left and Rooney in the middle for me, but don’t think Unsworth fancies him at all at this point. 

I'm a big Ben Tollitt fan and agree he was our best player up to Christmas. But he doesn't offer much defensively so the system needs to take account of that. He does track back, he's not lazy, so hopefully, perhaps perversely, he might feature again in next season's stronger line up. 

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

His problem is his lack of defensive awareness which Unsworth obviously can't contemplate with his "we defend as a team" doctrine.

In a set-up where defenders defend leaving the attackers to do their thing he could well flourish but can only hope for cameos under the current philosophy.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

His problem is his lack of defensive awareness which Unsworth obviously can't contemplate with his "we defend as a team" doctrine.

In a set-up where defenders defend leaving the attackers to do their thing he could well flourish but can only hope for cameos under the current philosophy.

Surely playing Tollitt left and Rooney behind Nuttall and dropping that Crewe striker on loan (“Bas”?) would be a good solution. 

Just seems weird, I swear Unsworth was praising Tollitt a lot at one point. Frustrating. Even more so when we are struggling for goals. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived