MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 25/03/23

It seems I'm one of the few who thought Nutty had a better game today. Interesting tactic from Solihull to put a little guy on our "big strikers" to get in their way and put them off, I don't suppose many refs are going to give a free kick against a little guy trying to outmuscle a big guy. 

Just because Yarney is playing well at CH, that's no reason not to play him at RB where we need someone, we know he'll be good there too and we've got Clarke & Sutton to cover CH.

Overall thought we deserved a win but as usual sat back and invited disaster.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Meanwhile in Altrincham and Chesterfield players we are not interested in Colclough and Linney are being described as real finds, Linney particularly is impressing many.

Two I recommended, but can't do anything about it if they're not wanted here.

12 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

"Nuttall wasn't that bad today."

"Fondop is better as a sub."

Weird comments. "Fondop is better as a sub", but does more when he comes on than Nuttall does all game. Nuttall starts EVERY game and does sod all EVERY game.

Is this the Fondop who is supposedly better as a sub, yet scored a hat trick starting against Dorking?

8 minutes ago, redlion said:

It seems I'm one of the few who thought Nutty had a better game today. Interesting tactic from Solihull to put a little guy on our "big strikers" to get in their way and put them off, I don't suppose many refs are going to give a free kick against a little guy trying to outmuscle a big guy. 

Just because Yarney is playing well at CH, that's no reason not to play him at RB where we need someone, we know he'll be good there too and we've got Clarke & Sutton to cover CH.

Overall thought we deserved a win but as usual sat back and invited disaster.

I agree with your second paragraph  about our defence and that we played well at times.Seems Unsworth in post match interviews never blames himself for anything which I find annoying.I now want this season to end having been bored toothless for the whole season.The crowd attendances have been increased  only by imo free tickets being given to many in front of me in the family section on the RRE.

1 hour ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

So you're saying because of the difficulty of the shot technique, we were unlucky to draw the game? We started to time waste and sit back. It's not unlucky is it. 😂

People have been suggesting some of our goals and results have been a result of fortune or luck...

2 hours ago, Le miserable1 said:

99 times out of100 that overhead kick goes anywhere but on target,in any level of football,bit unlucky there

I haven't seen it back, but it looked like the keeper possibly should have got a better punch/defenders should have protected the keeper better to get it clear initially?

52 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I haven't seen it back, but it looked like the keeper possibly should have got a better punch/defenders should have protected the keeper better to get it clear initially?

Keepers not the biggest is he, that's one thing many don't give Norman credit for, his size and ability to clean all out in front of him to come and claim the ball. 

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Keepers not the biggest is he, that's one thing many don't give Norman credit for, his size and ability to clean all out in front of him to come and claim the ball. 

He isn't.  Did well up to the goal, mind...

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

According to wiki he’s 6’ 4” 😆

He may well be but he's not the thickest set lad, he did play well to be fair but that was an unfortunate goal to concede on his part. We have no issues in the goalkeeping department with two totally adequate keepers on the books.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He's tall, but slim.

19 hours ago, Le miserable1 said:

LightDN123,If you thought Nuttall played well today,there is a bed waiting for you in the bottom block at Oldham Royal.Everything about him is abject.In 62 years of watching Latin’s he has to be the worst player we have ever payed money for.Needs to be moved on.

I sincerely doubt he would want a bed next to you listening to the drivel you are spouting.

If anyone on earth thinks that Nuttall is going to fire us to promotion next season, you are delusional. He has had plenty of opportunities this season, and so far has been a total flop. He looks a million miles away from what we need.

10 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

So you're saying because of the difficulty of the shot technique, we were unlucky to draw the game? We started to time waste and sit back. It's not unlucky is it. 😂

Solihull Moors fans be saying they can't rely on worldies every week...

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Is this the Fondop who is supposedly better as a sub, yet scored a hat trick starting against Dorking?

While starting with Fondop, but apparently that combo can never work

8 hours ago, mick26 said:

Put Shelton at right back/wing back until we can sign one and put Rooney central with Sheron. We need 5 or 6 good signings for next season and Chapman, Abraham and Sambou shouldn't be anywhere near.

Sambou had some glimpses yesterday but you've written him off after about 120 minutes of football? 

Another afternoon without this guy releasing the handbrake to make us look more fluid, something he said he'd do when we were away from the drop zone. Don't think the Solihull goal was necessarily coming, but trying to see out a 1-0 was really poor when the opportunity was there to drive forward and win more comfortably. Trying to keep the ball in the corner from the 85th minute was mind boggling. 

Nuttall has come in for stick, probably rightly so, but I can't get my head around the love-in for Abraham. He is beyond shite.

Oh, and I love the Rothwell family but FFS stop letting him grab the microphone before home games...

So I presume the Joe Nuttall lovers amongst you,who there are still a few,think it is only a matter of time before he comes good.

Such blind faith may be commended,but factual evidence and witness reports put you at a disadvantage.95% of fans that attend games from a straw poll of people around us think he is :censored:e.Don’t get me wrong I feel for him,but he has to step up to the plate and earn his corn,earn our adulation,make us love him and sing his praises.

18 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

So I presume the Joe Nuttall lovers amongst you,who there are still a few,think it is only a matter of time before he comes good.

Such blind faith may be commended,but factual evidence and witness reports put you at a disadvantage.95% of fans that attend games from a straw poll of people around us think he is :censored:e.Don’t get me wrong I feel for him,but he has to step up to the plate and earn his corn,earn our adulation,make us love him and sing his praises.

95% of fans that attend games from a straw poll of people around you think he's shit?

Pretty damning, that.  Poor old Joe..

Seemed slightly better yesterday

Think Rooney needs a goal. He's been good overall lately and we missed him when he went off yesterday, but he has missed big chances in 3 recent games that I can remember where we ended up dropping points. Hopefully once he gets 1 he will start taking the chances regularly 

2 hours ago, Le miserable1 said:

He will come good. 

Archived