MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 25/03/23

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

You can see teams waiting for Unsworth to go defensive and they know to go on the attack. Its every week! Unsworth is not the man to take us up

Correct they just throw everyone up because we sit in, keeper had a mare with that cross but taking Rooney off again is fucking criminal, he dictates the game, Abraham and Chapman are not worth a wank. Green does well for an hour but that was almost inevitable- again. Clarke for Green and we win 1-0. 

Nuttall is a fucking dud as well, absolutely shite, devoid of any pace and offers nothing. Even the new lad looked better and was unlucky to be substituted in my opinion.

I've not been one to criticise Unsworth so far but after 80 minutes we were in total control.  We then sat back and even then they didn't look a threat. But it's just asking for trouble. 2 corners in the last 10 minutes and we kept 3 men back and tried to keep the ball in the corner. Unsworths needs to explain that one.

Solihull moors are another insult to football, absolutely terrible and yet they are top half, just shows how awful this league is and shows how poor we are at holding leads and strategies of frustrating the opposition. They literally bullied a point out of us, really was as simple as that, officiating again was in the gutter too but that game should have been won early doors. I can only assume he took Rooney off because he was booked? . Last game of season for me I think. Starting to have anger issues 

21 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

You can see teams waiting for Unsworth to go defensive and they know to go on the attack. Its every week! Unsworth is not the man to take us up

Same old story with Unsworth.

Thought we played crap until we scored and could have been 2 -0 down before then.After we scored thought we played well and again in the second half we were looking like getting a second and came close.Then the  same old .

Hope Wrexham have an off day next Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Two points throw away should have held on.

Did Frank say something about season tickets could not hear a word speakers bot working in North stand again.

They don't work proper in the RRE either. 

15 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Two points throw away should have held on.

Did Frank say something about season tickets could not hear a word speakers bot working in North stand again.

I hope he said I couldn't have one.

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Played better after  the goal.Their big striker who reminds me of Andy Lochead looks a threat

On 3/24/2023 at 4:06 PM, BP1960 said:

But he's exceptional in the air and provides lots of assists. We need to be very wary of him.

Nuttall is terrible.  I counted and he only won 2 headers in the time he was on.  The ball came to him from a throw in perfectly to his feet, the lay off from it ended up coming to the recipient at head height.   The chance in the 2nd half should have been buried as well. 

7 minutes ago, philwhite said:

Another game where we sat back and got punished for it. I thought their goalie looked a bit dodgy early on but after our goal we didn’t seem to test him much again. 

Hopefully, we will start next season with only a handful of this lot. If not it will be much of the same.

I thought it was quite a boring game. That being said, I think we look a bit better in midfield than we did a few games ago. Sutton really has been struggling at RB. It's very apparent that he's not a RB. We have a massive problem up front. We're absolutely dreadful going forward. Abraham runs around a lot, but I don't think he's all that good. He might have some quality about him if he starts a few games in a row, but that's not going to happen. Couldn't we get better than Sambou? Nuttall absent again. Absolutely dreadful. Even Sambou produced a tad more than him. 

I wasn't surprised when we conceded. I don't understand the point of time wasting in the 84th minute. Especially, when we have a corner, decide to take a short one, keep it in the corner, get another corner, do the same again, only for it to be given as a goal kick. 

I don't understand why Unsworth took Rooney off.

Ah well. 

My mate cam to eatch today. Was very impressed with Sheron, Kitching, Rooney, Yarney and Green. 

Thought we were the better side. Few good saves from their keeper and a great tackle, Rooney hit the post as well. Solihull deserved nowt but ragged a goal after a poor decision from our keeper.

Sambou came into the game more and had glashes of decentness, despite the fact he was worse than Urko Vera according to people on here.

Sheron was top notch again, as was Kitching. Yarney a great signing and Hogan did well today. 

We need a right back next season in the same mould as Kitching and a LW like Green. 

No doubt Green will be labelled as shite by some still because we didn't score from his crosses, means he didn't do his job apparently. We didn't use him enough in the second half

Agree with regards Sutton doesn't look comfortable at the minute and heads gone down a couple of times, too many games to soon maybe?, from today I thought Hogan, Yarney, Kitching, Sheron, Rooney and Green first half did well the rest were poor, new lad upfront showed glimpses and offered plenty more that Nutall, decent striker on the pitch and we are out of site after an hour, we can't carry Nuttall every single week but it looks like that's the plan going forward, he can't even run ffs never mind score.

Decent first half.

Devarn Green and John Rooney both causing problems.

Second half reverted to type, dropping too deep, trying to hang on, doesn't suit us David.

Mark Kitching very good player, took his goal very well, nobody showed for the ball or found space, so he had a shot, good attitude.

As plenty have commented, as soon as Rooney came off we conceded the initiative and snuffed out any guile in midfield, poor decision.

Felt as though we invited them to score, the opposition know the script, we drop deeper and fail to keep possession or do the simple things well.

I think Magnus Norman is a better keeper but suspect the manager doesn't agree.

We should be roaring towards the end of this season, setting up the charge into next .... but are still a long way short of quality and cohesion.

Summer recruitment is everything.

3 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Decent first half.

Devarn Green and John Rooney both causing problems.

Second half reverted to type, dropping too deep, trying to hang on, doesn't suit us David.

Mark Kitching very good player, took his goal very well, nobody showed for the ball or found space, so he had a shot, good attitude.

As plenty have commented, as soon as Rooney came off we conceded the initiative and snuffed out any guile in midfield, poor decision.

Felt as though we invited them to score, the opposition know the script, we drop deeper and fail to keep possession or do the simple things well.

I think Magnus Norman is a better keeper but suspect the manager doesn't agree.

We should be roaring towards the end of this season, setting up the charge into next .... but are still a long way short of quality and cohesion.

Summer recruitment is everything.

Norman's injured, he collects that at the end, Chapman for Rooney is almost laughable really.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman's injured, he collects that at the end, Chapman for Rooney is almost laughable really.

I said that, Norman would have caught it and snuffed it out.  The keeper didn't look too bad and is definitely an upgrade on Leitwiler but is probably a solid understudy at best. 

Archived